Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread - Mk III - Iron Traders (Or Trader's Den)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Something involving Kulikov and Beaulieu might make sense for both teams. Emelin and Kulikov would make for a decent 2nd d pairing.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Something involving Kulikov and Beaulieu might make sense for both teams. Emelin and Kulikov would make for a decent 2nd d pairing.

To be fair, Kulikov will have to play better than he has in Florida to be a top-four, but his addition could allow Bouillon and Murray to rest more.

Markov-Subban
Kulikov-Emelin
Gorges-Diaz

That is a fair defensive unit.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Brolieu is most likely the guy getting traded

Darth Joker

Dec 12, 2009
Canada

Yeah, I could see it. Either him or one of our D prospects, as we do have good depth there now.

Who in the right mind would want a 5'7 center that's on pace for 5 points in 80 games and getting paid 3.5m for the next 3 years? Even adding a mid-tier prospect doesn't make it worthwhile for them

Florida has only two players signed past 2014-15, and they also have loads of cap space. So they're in an uniquely good position to absorb a DD-level bad contract for a few years. On the off-chance he bounces back, it could be a very good move for them.

But then, it could well be a prospect-for-prospect deal, or we could have our eyes on Kulikov. I think Kulikov could be a great and timely addition for us, as long as we don't overpay badly, of course.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Tallon will be looking at moving Kopecky and Gudbranson, most likely to move for the Habs are Beaulieu (Huberdeau's ex-teammate) Greg Pateryn steady defenceman and Louis Leblanc (good checking forward) and Pacioretty & Desharnais (two out of three players on one of the NHL's high scoring lines two years ago). Florida picks up both scoring and a quarterback for 2nd PP unit in Pacioretty & DD and Beaulieu. These trades will make room for young players like Collberg, De la Rose, Andrighetto and McCarron.:nod: Add Florida's 1st round pick for 2014, and the Habs bite after losing the drafting of Morin in last years draft. When looking at the Habs lineup the Egg line needs to get more icetime, similar to Colorado the Habs have to draft in the top ten at least 2-3 times. This means a fast rebuild with young players coming from our draftees, the deal above gains a high 1st round pick. Then the Habs can look at moving a few more veterans for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks. At least they can supplement Subban, Price, Galchenyuk, Eller, Gallagher and Tinordi with some great young players.

Last edited:

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Tallon will be looking at moving Kopecky and Gudbranson, most likely to move for the Habs are Beaulieu (Huberdeau's ex-teammate) Greg Pateryn steady defenceman and Louis Leblanc (good checking forward) and Pacioretty & Desharnais (two out of three players on one of the NHL's high scoring lines two years ago). Florida picks up both scoring and a quarterback for 2nd PP unit in Pacioretty & DD and Beaulieu. These trades will make room for young players like Collberg, De la Rose, Andrighetto and McCarron.:nod:

I........no. Sorry, I do not like this deal. Gudbranson, first of all, is on the team's keepers list. Second, trading Pacioretty due to a tough start to the season is a tough pill to swallow. At $4.5 mill for the forseeable future, that's a bargain contract that is valuable within itself. Third, you put too much trust within unproven players. De La Rose and Andrighetto have had good seasons, but only Andrighetto seems to have real top-six potential. Collberg and McCarron are in the midst of disappointing seasons.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Beaulieu for Matheson would make sense either alone or as part of a bigger deal.

Emelin and Gorges are locked up for a while and Markov looks like he still has several good years left. The there's also Tinordi to consider on the left side. Matheson's a hometown kid who we could allow to develop at his own pace and who, from my limited viewings, seems more intelligent than Brolieu and also hasn't had any "character" related issues.

For Florida, Brolieu is closer to being NHL ready and has chemistry with Huberdeau.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I........no. Sorry, I do not like this deal. Gudbranson, first of all, is on the team's keepers list. Second, trading Pacioretty due to a tough start to the season is a tough pill to swallow. At $4.5 mill for the forseeable future, that's a bargain contract that is valuable within itself. Third, you put too much trust within unproven players. De La Rose and Andrighetto have had good seasons, but only Andrighetto seems to have real top-six potential. Collberg and McCarron are in the midst of disappointing seasons.

Tallon also said that Florida plans on taking a new direction and fired Dineen whose job was safe, supposedly. Tallon has to take drastic measures to change the funk in their team, Kulikov is their best Dman and won't be traded. The Habs have need of a big righthanded Dman and Gudbranson would fill the bill right away. Then the Habs could have two top ten picks at this years draft, a big power forward and another centerman to take Plekanec's spot in 3-4 yrs. Kopecky might just fit the Habs style of play and fit like a glove in the top nine.:nod:

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if MB has been trying to acquire a guy like Matthias or Shore. Tallon is willing to part with both of them at the right price. The problem, as Tallon stated last week, is that because the cap dropped teams have barely any cap space.

The Habs actually have more than quite a few teams with between 1-2m free. As we get further into the season, it'll be easier to make a trade as teams. McGuire said yesterday that the Habs need to get bigger (duh) and that Bergevin knows this.

With all of Florida's roster, save for 5 players, being available (per McKenzie) I'd say chances are pretty good that we see a Habs-Panthers trade soon. Let's just hope it's the right trade.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Yes and I still wonder why the Habs didnt pick him cause I feel like they have nothing to lose, I guess 6'2'' 200 pounds is too big for them cause Bergevin rather send Kristo to NY to raise the midgets ratio.......

Because he sucks? Being big doesn't guarantee interest from a team full of midgets.

Edit: With that said, Blunden is obviously a question mark :laugh:

K9

Jan 26, 2003
Visit site
Because he sucks? Being big doesn't guarantee interest from a team full of midgets.

Edit: With that said, Blunden is obviously a question mark :laugh:

I've actually always liked Adam going back to his WJC days and his first full season with Buffalo. Big player with intensity. I was kind of surprised he cleared waivers but at the same time, there was no one on our roster(at the time) I thought he could displace...now I would gladly take him over DD:laugh:

Still would be interested in him in a change of scenery type move, nothing major obviously.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Brolieu+ for Kulikov anyone ?

Depending on what the + is. I think it's safe to say Brolieu will be at least a top4 defenseman in a year or so. He's offensive minded like Kulikov, about an inch taller, and has some what of a mean streak.

On the other hand, Kulikov is already a top4 dman and can help us as of now.

Pretty fair value, but I'm pretty high on Beaulieu so I dunno if I'd do it.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
How about this:

To Florida:DD, Diaz, Leblanc, Beaulieu
To Montreal:Kulikov, Kopecky, Shore

Fair?

WestIslander

Feb 5, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
I would NOT trade Tinordi, I would trade Beaulieu for the right return.

I think Tinordi is going to be a better version of Hal Gill and will play in this league for 10 to 15 years barring injury, Tinordi, Subban, Emelin and Gorges are the core on defense.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Another interesting target for MB should be Alex Petrovic. 6'4 205lbs physical two way defenseman.

He's Tinordi's age, and it looks like they'll both be NHLers next season. Having both of them would greatly change the identity of our blue line.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Another interesting target for MB should be Alex Petrovic. 6'4 205lbs physical two way defenseman.

He's Tinordi's age, and it looks like they'll both be NHLers next season. Having both of them would greatly change the identity of our blue line.

We need something for this year.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I'd do Beaulieu + DD + pick/B prospect for Kulikov + Goc. Maybe have us toss in a one way contract like Bouillon or Drewiske and them add a garbage contract like Matsumoto. Only issue then would be Emelin has to play his off side again.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
No one on their roster will turn this team into a contender. We need size. We need big defenseman that can play. Seeing the Blues defense should have been a revelation for Bergevin.

Can't argue that one. So what would the offer be? TBH, I like Shore and can't understand why he's not in the NHL this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->