Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread - Mk III - Iron Traders (Or Trader's Den)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halifaxhab*

Pittsburgh wants to win now, having a guy like Gallagher in the top 6 for under 1 mil this year and next would be huge for them.

Plus they have other young d-men so it's not like they can't replace Despres.

I got locked from a thread saying the exact same thing because I upset some very over-the-top-ultra-sensitive pens homer.

Gallagher is younger, and more effective. And as you mentioned, they trade from a position of strength (lots of defensive prospects) to fill a weakness (top 6 wingers)

so, careful, they get sen see teev over that one

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
That's a big "If". That's IF all three devellop to be top 4 NHL dmen in 2-3 years, and IF Letang doesn't regress due to injuries and IF...IF....IF....

Win now, means just that, now. So the scenario you mention is not now, but building to the future.

No, it's managing assets, like the Blackhawks do.

And about the "if's", I would say that the 3 Pens D-prospects are way less "If's" than Tinordi and Beaulieu. Matta is already in the NHL at 19, and Després has allready played better in the NHL than the 2 habs prospects. One is ready right now, and the other is waiting for an opening while dominating in the AHL. They could be ready to trade Letang as soon as next year. That isn't such big If's. And for Letang, they would receive more than Gallagher.

Anyway, like I said, I'm not pretending they wouldn't do it. All I'm saying is that there would be wiser moves.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

And about the "if's", I would say that the 3 Pens D-prospects are way less "If's" than Tinordi and Beaulieu. Matta is already in the NHL at 19, and Després has allready played better in the NHL than the 2 habs prospects. One is ready right now, and the other is waiting for an opening while dominating in the AHL. They could be ready to trade Letang as soon as next year. That isn't such big If's. And for Letang, they would receive more than Gallagher.

Anyway, like I said, I'm not pretending they wouldn't do it. All I'm saying is that there would be wiser moves.

Agreed, they have a sick defensive core in the long term with Maatta, Despres, Harrington, Dumoulin, Pouliot. They definitely can trade Letang and get that forward they want/need while using him as the main piece in the trade

Halifaxhab*

Well, managing assets for the future. But if you make a deal to win now, you give up future pieces.

Agreed that the if's MAY be less for PIT, but in 2-4 years like you mentioned? it's all guesses at this point by us all.

And their big need is wing. same as ours. So yes, there are wiser moves, and more likely ones as well.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Well, managing assets for the future. But if you make a deal to win now, you give up future pieces.

Agreed that the if's MAY be less for PIT, but in 2-4 years like you mentioned? it's all guesses at this point by us all.

And their big need is wing. same as ours. So yes, there are wiser moves, and more likely ones as well.

You need to take that chance eventually and can't always be conservative. They had depth with Letang coming and they used Goligoski and Whitney as trades for great returns in James Neal and Chris Kunitz.

Halifaxhab*

You need to take that chance eventually and can't always be conservative. They had depth with Letang coming and they used Goligoski and Whitney as trades for great returns in James Neal and Chris Kunitz.

bingo. exactly my point. they have depth and could deal now. But if they feel their window is 2 years away (can't imagine why it isn't now as well) then they wait and trade Letang and use the depth to backfill that role. either way, they have the assets to fill their needs now OR in the future

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
If Florida trades Kulikov it won't be for a guy that's a UFA at year end. They'll want top young assets that will help them in 2-3-4 years...Gallagher,1st rounders, Tinordi, Beaulieu De La Rose etc

Not a smart move for the Habs, current defense is good plus they have Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn and co in the pipeline.

I totally agree with you. That was the point I was trying to make in my post. I'd do it for a Diaz knowing the younger players could fill that space next year if Kulikov did bolt for the K.

No way would I trade any of the core youngsters for Kulikov, who's been benched by the Panthers.

Their unrealstic asking price is probably why he hasn't been traded. If they're really aggressive in trying to trade him, they'll likely be willing to take less than they normally would otherwise. That's why I think that Kuli could be had for less than market.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Some Habs - Avalanche rumblings on Twitter for what it's worth...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Some Habs - Avalanche rumblings on Twitter for what it's worth...

Is it just somebody quoting Eklund?

I doubt it's anything big...Landeskog O'reilly(can't be traded for 3 months) and Duchene are not available.

I don't see the Habs in on McGinn unless Bourque or Briere are traded.

Diaz would help Colorado but I don't see a fit coming back.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005

I doubt it's anything big...Landeskog O'reilly(can't be traded for 3 months) and Duchene are not available.

Maybe Eklund started it. Buzz is a multi-player deal.

"...talking to sources all day I am hearing more and more that the Avalanche and the Canadiens are discussing what one source called, "A Patrick Roy Statement Trade" and another said would be considered "The trade to really kick off what will be the craziest of trade seasons."

The deal would send two players to Montreal and as many as four to Colorado, and could occur as early as mid-December or as late as mid-January, but would not be a deal that would wait for the deadline. In fact, the deal would set up another trade for each team."

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Looking at the deals Roy has made since going to Colorado.. clearly they are interested in Leblanc, Beaulieu(French name), Desharnais and Bourque(French enough). They'll send us McGinn and Stastny and then they'll flip Bourque and Beaulieu for actual Quebecois. Then they'll announce they're selling TVA sports French broadcast rights to Avalanche games increase their revenue.

All Me

Mar 4, 2012

"...talking to sources all day I am hearing more and more that the Avalanche and the Canadiens are discussing what one source called, "A Patrick Roy Statement Trade" and another said would be considered "The trade to really kick off what will be the craziest of trade seasons."

The deal would send two players to Montreal and as many as four to Colorado, and could occur as early as mid-December or as late as mid-January, but would not be a deal that would wait for the deadline. In fact, the deal would set up another trade for each team."

well that would be pretty cool? :dunno:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
There's now a thread on the main trade rumor board here about that Habs/Avs Eklund rumor.. That should make for some interesting reading as it progresses. You know it'll come down to how the Habs players are crap and not worth so and so on the Avs.. :nod:

The mainboards on HF never disappoints when something concerning the Has gets posted there.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal

Last part is interesting because this could mean that Gorges is available and that we could be searching for another d-man. Trade Gorges to Colorado then target Klein from Nashville.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Seems Adrian Dater is in on this as well. Not sure if he's the original source, read the Ek comments or if it's from another source but there seems to be something to it as Montreal has been scouting the Avs and other teams pretty vigorously lately.

This is where our front office needs to do their job and realise the supposed improvements we've made to our pro scouting team.

PricePkPatch*

After realizing our advantageous cap situation, I am starting to sour at the idea of a "big trade" that would disrupt this equilibrium.

void

Jan 5, 2006

I'm done with this team if they trade Subban.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005

Is Tyson Barrie Colorado's Diaz? He was expected to play more of a role but was sent down for awhile as Roy opted for Andre Benoit.

Anyway we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad