Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread - Mk III - Iron Traders (Or Trader's Den)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Beaulieu isn't NHL ready, nor will be next year IMO.

So you either resign Markov or the D will regress from this year.

Beaulieu has a high upside. I'd only give him up in a package for a young potential 1st line winger. If we were trading for Neal Hall or Eberle.

Unless markov wants ridiculous money I think you extend him 2-3 years, he's just too good to let walk and you will lose 50-60% of his value trading him as a rental anyways.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Mark my word, Subban and Markov will be signed!!
Subban 7.8 to 8.0 million for 7-8 years
Markov 5.5 to 6.0 million for 3-4 years

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Mark my word, Subban and Markov will be signed!!
Subban 7.8 to 8.0 million for 7-8 years
Markov 5.5 to 6.0 million for 3-4 years

Hopefully you're right, but I think Kulikov being shopped should also be a viable option for MB.

I just want to know how we perceive him and since he's RFA, he'll be cheaper and MB would probably sign him a bridge deal to save $$.

Kulikov makes 3M this year and becomes RFA, since he's been playing bad, you can resign him the same amount short term and then spend those 2-3 extra millions for an upgrade at forward.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Hopefully you're right, but I think Kulikov being shopped should also be a viable option for MB.

I just want to know how we perceive him and since he's RFA, he'll be cheaper and MB would probably sign him a bridge deal to save $$.

Kulikov makes 3M this year and becomes RFA, since he's been playing bad, you can resign him the same amount short term and then spend those 2-3 extra millions for an upgrade at forward.

I don't see Kulikov as a realistic option.

He isn't playing well and will still cost a lot. Plus he isn't in the same stratosphere as Mrakov anyways. If we are to move Markov and replace him with a cheaper option it will be Diaz, who costs nothing in assets and is playing a lot better than Kulikov.

I think Kulikov goes somewhere like Edmonton or Toronto, a team desperate on defense.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Markov will cost more than that. More like 6-6.75 mil.

That's a tough call, I guess I'm just hoping he signs for that much, they had his back and paid him we'll during his rehab, maybe he'll command a little less due to loyalty demonstrated by Montreal.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
When Florida makes you expandable, you know something is wrong especially when you Consider age and cap hit. He's been beyond bad.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
When Florida makes you expandable, you know something is wrong especially when you Consider age and cap hit. He's been beyond bad.

Gudbranson is -5, and having a terrible year as well. Kulikov is -9 but had harder matchups, according to the Panthers forums. Also, Panthers fans are afraid to trade kulikov they say he's much better than his stats are.

That's what happens when bad teams give #1 D assignments to #2-3-4 D, their stats suffer.

It's fair to say that Markov would be #1 on a lot of teams, he's clearly superior to Kulikov right now, but Kulikov has high upside too, he's still raw and young. IMO he's worth a substantial offer.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Don't want a soft Russian that does not show up for every game.

Get me Shawn Matthias from Florida.

Kulikov would be second on this team in hits... he is not soft. At 6'1 205 with a solid frame, he isn't small either.

That being said, thinking Kulikov can replace what markov is bringing to the team this season is crazy.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
That's a tough call, I guess I'm just hoping he signs for that much, they had his back and paid him we'll during his rehab, maybe he'll command a little less due to loyalty demonstrated by Montreal.

They had no choice but to pay him during his rehab, he got hurt playing for the Montreal Canadiens!!! Some people here don't seem to grasp taht this is professional sports and not welfare.

Yes the Habs were loyal and so was he, but the UFA market gets him a pile of money, like 7 mil/year for 3 years. So a hometown discount is about 3 years and about 19 mil.

Gudbranson is -5, and having a terrible year as well. Kulikov is -9 but had harder matchups, according to the Panthers forums. Also, Panthers fans are afraid to trade kulikov they say he's much better than his stats are.

That's what happens when bad teams give #1 D assignments to #2-3-4 D, their stats suffer.

It's fair to say that Markov would be #1 on a lot of teams, he's clearly superior to Kulikov right now, but Kulikov has high upside too, he's still raw and young. IMO he's worth a substantial offer.

I agree Kulikov is worth a lot, but it's not a deal the Habs should make. Poor fit for their situation unless they can get him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder(or a B prospect).

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
They had no choice but to pay him during his rehab, he got hurt playing for the Montreal Canadiens!!! Some people here don't seem to grasp taht this is professional sports and not welfare.

Yes the Habs were loyal and so was he, but the UFA market gets him a pile of money, like 7 mil/year for 3 years. So a hometown discount is about 3 years and about 19 mil.

I agree Kulikov is worth a lot, but it's not a deal the Habs should make. Poor fit for their situation unless they can get him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder(or a B prospect).

I know the difference between welfare and pro sports thank you, he's signed for less in the past, it can happen again...it will happen again, doubt he'll command 6.3 for 3 years, when the facts come out, we'll see who has bragging rights on the term and $$$:p:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
And Markov isn't soft and Russian ? Well he shows up night in night out though, good point.

Markov is 10x the dman Kulikov is and I rather he be resigned then getting a guy that has nit shown much improvement so far in his career.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
I find Beaulieu way overrated around here. People keep talking about his upside while there are many d-men of his age around the league and he has problem being adequate defensively in the AHL against players who'll never be more than third or fourth line players in the NHL. He's closer to be the next Ron Hainsey than the next top 2 d-man. I would take Kulikov way before him. If his upside was so high, he would at least be the clear cut #1 d-man in Hamilton, which isn't the case.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
I would take him and I would have no problem trading Beaulieu for him.

Him and Emelin would be a great pairing, IMO.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
I find Beaulieu way overrated around here. People keep talking about his upside while there are many d-men of his age around the league and he has problem being adequate defensively in the AHL against players who'll never be more than third or fourth line players in the NHL. He's closer to be the next Ron Hainsey than the next top 2 d-man. I would take Kulikov way before him. If his upside was so high, he would at least be the clear cut #1 d-man in Hamilton, which isn't the case.

Totally agree with you.

He hasn't done anything and by all accounts has attitude issues.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

And Ron Hainsey has had a terrible career or something? Over 600 games played and 3 x 30 plus point seasons. Sure not a Norris candidate but a solid enough career.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009

Totally agree with you.

He hasn't done anything and by all accounts has attitude issues.

Beaulieu is one of the top defenseman in Hamilton... He was their number 1 defenseman last season at 20. He just turned 21 (when most CHL players play their first AHL season) and has looked good with the Dogs this season. Pateryn just looks better... you should take it as a good thing that the habs have such a good defenseman prospect group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad