Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread - Mk III - Iron Traders (Or Trader's Den)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Unless Desharnais is involved, the Colorado - Montreal rumors are non sense. We have a logjam at center, so acquiring Stastny would make zero sense. Especially considering we already have a similar player in Plekanec, who is signed for 3 more years at $5m.

McGinn would be interesting, but at this point we need a righty to play with Eller and Galchenyuk.

As for shipping Gorges, I'd be very uncomfortable playing the rest of the season with Bourray as a 3rd pairing.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Unless Desharnais is involved, the Colorado - Montreal rumors are non sense. We have a logjam at center, so acquiring Stastny would make zero sense. Especially considering we already have a similar player in Plekanec, who is signed for 3 more years at $5m.

McGinn would be interesting, but at this point we need a righty to play with Eller and Galchenyuk.

As for shipping Gorges, I'd be very uncomfortable playing the rest of the season with Bourray as a 3rd pairing.

Trading Gorges would really weaken the Habs defense and penalty kill. The guy is a shot blocking machine and as played very well defensively this year IMO. The Habs would be a worse team without Gorges on it.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Trading Gorges would really weaken the Habs defense and penalty kill. The guy is a shot blocking machine and as played very well defensively this year IMO. The Habs would be a worse team without Gorges on it.

Well the more common names being mentionned in the proposals is Gorges, McGinn, and Stastny, which leads me to believe that the rumor is non sense lol.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Well if you read the thread on the trade board, Subban might land us John Mitchell if the Avs are feeling especially generous...so there's that.

There's a lot of untouchable superstars over there for a team that spent the last few years being a bottom-feeder.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Well if you read the thread on the trade board, Subban might land us John Mitchell if the Avs are feeling especially generous...so there's that.

There's a lot of untouchable superstars over there for a team that spent the last few years being a bottom-feeder.

And Duchene was the best forward in the league before he got injured. I've truly been enlightened today.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

That thread is starting to go just how I figured it would. :nod: Habs players are trash and not worth our untouchable players, Subban wouldn't even make it in the West, blah, blah, blah.. The mainboards here never disappoints with Habs related threads.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I would pick up Dmitry Kulikov for a 3rd round pick. If Markov tutors Kulikov, he can be our #3 defenseman. Dmitry Kulikov is a puck moving defenseman with size. He might not put up big numbers but at 23, he has yet to enter his prime. Kulikov can also deliver big hits.

Subban
Markov
Kulikov
Emelin
Gorges
Diaz

x-Murray/Boullion

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
I would pick up Dmitry Kulikov for a 3rd round pick. If Markov tutors Kulikov, he can be our #3 defenseman. Dmitry Kulikov is a puck moving defenseman with size. He might not put up big numbers but at 23, he has yet to enter his prime. Kulikov can also deliver big hits.

Subban
Markov
Kulikov
Emelin
Gorges
Diaz

x-Murray/Boullion

a 3rd for Kulikov? Ae you kidding me? :laugh:

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
that thread has gone FULL Pejorative Slur. LOL Subban but all their 'stars' are off the table. HF never disappoints. Why do habs target a UFA like Stasny? makes no sense. Habs are not going to deal pacioretty and certainly not Subban. That's just ****ing stupid.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

Subban
Markov
Kulikov
Emelin
Gorges
Diaz

x-Murray/Boullion

A 3rd for Kulikov is not realistic.

PricePkPatch*

that thread has gone FULL Pejorative Slur. LOL Subban but all their 'stars' are off the table. HF never disappoints. Why do habs target a UFA like Stasny? makes no sense. Habs are not going to deal pacioretty and certainly not Subban. That's just ****ing stupid.

Focus on the positive posters and actually make an argument. Put forward what you can offer.

Am currently arguing the possibility of a Markov-related deal. I was toying witht he idea that Parenteau could replace Gionta, since the latter is signed for 4 years and is a solid 20-goal scorer.

I asked also more info on Wilson, to see where he would fit on our D-depth.

Clippy

Sep 22, 2011
Focus on the positive posters and actually make an argument. Put forward what you can offer.

Am currently arguing the possibility of a Markov-related deal. I was toying witht he idea that Parenteau could replace Gionta, since the latter is signed for 4 years and is a solid 20-goal scorer.

Not a bad idea in my opinion.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal

Wilson would problably be 12th on our depth chart

after Drewiske Beaulieu Pateryn and Tinordi.

He's bad....

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

markov is not getting dealt UNLESS habs can\t sign him. no other reason. the Aves need D and we need forwards. Both teams have a fine young nucleus and bergevin isn\t going to bust it up - nor Roy. Think about guys like diaz, dietz, beaulieu and MAYBE tinordi if something great is coming back - imo, those are the pieces that will move IF something happens

PricePkPatch*

Wilson would problably be 12th on our depth chart

after Drewiske Beaulieu Pateryn and Tinordi.

He's bad....

Yhea, I saw that. The Avs fan was honest about it, and I told him we didn't needed that sort of guy.

Now someone just made a play of Plek for Statsny.. and... well, how good is Statsny, defense-wise?

PricePkPatch*

markov is not getting dealt UNLESS habs can\t sign him. no other reason. the Aves need D and we need forwards. Both teams have a fine young nucleus and bergevin isn\t going to bust it up - nor Roy. Think about guys like diaz, dietz, beaulieu and MAYBE tinordi if something great is coming back - imo, those are the pieces that will move IF something happens

Vet for Vets, with minor youngsters on either sides would world.

Markov+Plek for Parenteau, Stastny, McGinn+????

Parenteau is signed and could replace Gionta.
Stastny could get Plek's place in our centre depth. Altough the big problem there is regarding his defensive quality AND resigning cost.
McGinn would look good in our 2nd and 3rd line. Sounds like a young, energy player with a bit of size.

We only need someone to take a place in our 2nd pairing

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Yhea, I saw that. The Avs fan was honest about it, and I told him we didn't needed that sort of guy.

Now someone just made a play of Plek for Statsny.. and... well, how good is Statsny, defense-wise?

Lateral move at best and Stastny is UFA this off season so.....

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Vet for Vets, with minor youngsters on either sides would world.

Markov+Plek for Parenteau, Stastny, McGinn+????

Parenteau is signed and could replace Gionta.
Stastny could get Plek's place in our centre depth. Altough the big problem there is regarding his defensive quality AND resigning cost.
McGinn would look good in our 2nd and 3rd line. Sounds like a young, energy player with a bit of size.

We only need someone to take a place in our 2nd pairing

Who replaces the gaping hole left by Markov?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad