Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread - Mk III - Iron Traders (Or Trader's Den)

Status
Not open for further replies.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
The Metro division is a gift from heaven for mediocre teams. A few teams will be looking to acquire the extra push to get them into the top 3 slots.

Sellers market not buyers for Montreal .

you could say that the EST is a gift all on its own.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
That thread on the main board where Pens fans are arguing Despres has more value than Gallagher/wouldn't trade Despres 1 for 1 is giving me cancer. Reminds me why I try to avoid that place.

Why? Despres probably has more value for the Pens than Gallagher does. They need big defensemen like him that can log big minutes. Gallagher is useful in a top 6 role, but the Pens don't need any help in their top 6.

Gallagher has more value to us than Despres does. We need players that drive the net and get under opposing players skin. We could use a guy like Despres, but we already have 2 top-end Defense prospects in Beaulieu and Tinordi, and currently need help upfront.

It's all relative.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Why? Despres probably has more value for the Pens than Gallagher does. They need big defensemen like him that can log big minutes. Gallagher is useful in a top 6 role, but the Pens don't need any help in their top 6.

Gallagher has more value to us than Despres does. We need players that drive the net and get under opposing players skin. We could use a guy like Despres, but we already have 2 top-end Defense prospects in Beaulieu and Tinordi, and currently need help upfront.

It's all relative.

Gallagher is a legit proven first/second line winger. Despres is a B prospect who lost his spot to a 19 year old and is older than Gallagher. Only on HFBoards would anyone think Gallagher doesn't have ridiculously higher value.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Gallagher is a legit proven first/second line winger. Despres is a B prospect who lost his spot to a 19 year old and is older than Gallagher. Only on HFBoards would anyone think Gallagher doesn't have ridiculously higher value.
I still like Despres, though. If he's on waivers next fall, I'd like to see the Habs claim him. :sarcasm:

Odelein24

Sep 17, 2009
Montreal
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of picking up Jagr at the deadline. Put him in Gionta's spot or Prust's spot.

Briere Plekanec Jagr

or

Galchenyuk Eller Jagr

You throw Plekanec a bone for the playoffs (assuming 1. we make the playoffs, 2. Olympic chemistry carries over) and you also give an incredible role model to the kids, specifically Eller, Galchenyuk.

Nitehowl

Jul 28, 2005
BC Canada
McArthur/Raymond

Quick question for everyone more knowledgeable than I.....
Would it have been better to sign McArthur or Raymond than Briere??

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Why would Nashville trade 2 of their young forwards with a nice dose of offense talent while they have plenty of aging forwards who led them nowhere? They trade Erat for a young prospect last year, certainly not to do the opposite this year.

And trading them for Bourque and Diaz? Come on. It brings them nothing right now, and nothing in the future.

'Cause where are they going right now? And what did Wilson do for them so far offensively? So yes...they went and got a kid for Erat...how about a mix and add vets instead? As far as our players....Bourque is still seen as a possible 20-goal scorer. Diaz, for some is a reliable #4-#6. Add a pick....add a kid top prospect if you want. I mean, again, Nashville isn,t getting anywhere with those guys.

Besides...people do have to understand that this is not going to be the first and last deal a team makes. They might add a vet in Bourque....a mid-vet in Diaz...but then could get rookies elsewhere.

But you said it yourself.....how the heck are they going to deal players when the only thing they can offer are aging players that lead them nowhere? I mean, if our vet players are immovable and useless.....isn't that possible that other teams have players like that? Besides, I believe that they don't have a lot of players like that. Hornqvist will have a buyer. Maybe Legwand too. But true that it will be tougher for Fisher, Gaustad and Cullen. Yet again....Habs cannot be the only team who can have trouble to deal players.....We are not the worst team in the league.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
'Cause where are they going right now? And what did Wilson do for them so far offensively? So yes...they went and got a kid for Erat...how about a mix and add vets instead? As far as our players....Bourque is still seen as a possible 20-goal scorer. Diaz, for some is a reliable #4-#6. Add a pick....add a kid top prospect if you want. I mean, again, Nashville isn,t getting anywhere with those guys.

Besides...people do have to understand that this is not going to be the first and last deal a team makes. They might add a vet in Bourque....a mid-vet in Diaz...but then could get rookies elsewhere.

But you said it yourself.....how the heck are they going to deal players when the only thing they can offer are aging players that lead them nowhere? I mean, if our vet players are immovable and useless.....isn't that possible that other teams have players like that? Besides, I believe that they don't have a lot of players like that. Hornqvist will have a buyer. Maybe Legwand too. But true that it will be tougher for Fisher, Gaustad and Cullen. Yet again....Habs cannot be the only team who can have trouble to deal players.....We are not the worst team in the league.

My bet is that Legwand will end his career in Nashville and become the first to see his shirt retired.

Then come trade deadline, I'm pretty sure they'll be able to find suiters for the names you listed, as they all have something to bring to the game in specific roles.

I would be ready to bet that Nashville will stick to their youngs Forsberg, Wilson, Smith, Jones, Josi, developped alongside some veterans like Legwand and Weber. Add some picks by trading some veterans listed higher and they make themselves a nice core going further. If Douglas Murray brought a second round pick, I'm pretty sure Fisher, Cullen and Gaustad could bring in similar catches.

Heck, they even have a nice young goalie in Mazanek that would allow them to trade Rinne next year (if healthy, of course). Traded to a desperate team, Rinne could give them an amazing return.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Briere was signed because we couldn't score in the post-season.

Can't make a judgment on him until the summer.

It's real fortunate that Briere saves his magic potion until the post-season. What a guy. :sarcasm:

Not being able to judge a player until the offseason is ludicrous. You honestly think that he has some magical power that just makes him better when it matters? It's been analyzed and he just sacrifices more defensive zone coverage for offensive opportunity. It's a high-risk high-reward thing that bites both ways.

That being said, he's been playing much better recently, so kudos to him. Nice to have someone who can actually pass a puck play with pleks. I'm sure he appreciates it. But there's a reason Briere gets swapped out in favor of moen when things get tight. Watching him in the defensive zone early on in last night's game made that pretty clear.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Just watched TSN's insider trading. Although they didn't mention the habs, they did mention that the Avalanche are making calls, and are looking to make a deal. Lebrun said that Colorado is looking to add a checking forward or a defenseman. They are willing to part with Jamie McGinn.

It's funny because I wrote this like a week and a half-ago before those rumors came up lol.

He'll probably trade for someone unexpected like Jamie McGinn.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Jamie McGinn is a good player, with a lot of gritt, but nothing to write home about, i think this team need a big goal scorer, lateral moves won't change much the outlook of this team.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
There's something between Montreal and New York. A source from TVA SPORT told me that. There's some speculations around Paccio + Desharnais + Beaulieu for Nash and Brassard. Personally, I dont believe that, but there's the rumor in the backstage tonight. I think it's something else, probably not that big

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
There's something between Montreal and New York. A source from TVA SPORT told me that. There's some speculations around Paccio + Desharnais + Beaulieu for Nash and Brassard. Personally, I dont believe that, but there's the rumor in the backstage tonight. I think it's something else, probably not that big

Renaud Lavoie? :sarcasm:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
That trade would be worse than the Gomez trade in 2-3 years when Nash is finished.

NateTheGr8

Aug 17, 2012
Canada
Trading with Colorado would be perfect.

They give us Statsny

We give Bourque,2nd,Diaz, mid-tier prospect

Then we trade Desharnais+3rd+Gionta

For Kulikov

Then Plekanec+1st+Beaulieu

For Evander Kane

Paccioretty-Statsny-Briere
Kane-Eller-Bournival