Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread - Mk III - Iron Traders (Or Trader's Den)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PricePkPatch*

Lateral move at best and Stastny is UFA this off season so.....

Markov is UFA this off season as well. The point is to get Parenteau as a big winger in exchange for the value, which is going to take Gionta's place.

The deal is NOT Stastny vs. Plek straight up; that would be ridiculous for us.

Who replaces the gaping hole left by Markov?

I am discussing it. They seem rather thin on the D-front. Considering Hejda, but I wanted to ask about his qualities first.

He's not gonna be as good as Markov, but if we get a kid like McGinn as return, who's gonna be another big-ish winger who, apparently, has quite the goalscoring flair.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I am discussing it. They seem rather thin on the D-front. Considering Hejda, but I wanted to ask about his qualities first.

He's not gonna be as good as Markov, but if we get a kid like McGinn as return, who's gonna be another big-ish winger who, apparently, has quite the goalscoring flair.

McGinn has 50 goals in 290 games, he's a fringe top 6 winger. He's more of a big body winger on a 3rd checking line. As for Hejda, he's an aging shutdown D with a huge frame.

PricePkPatch*

McGinn has 50 goals in 290 games, he's a fringe top 6 winger. He's more of a big body winger on a 3rd checking line. As for Hejda, he's an aging shutdown D with a huge frame.

20 goals in 2011-2012
11 goals last season.

No offense, but that's nothing to scoff at. 6'1", 2010 lbs.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I would absolutely love Mcginn... I say trade for him. I want to build our team on skilled third liners that can play both ends. Patrick Holland is an example we have in Hamilton. Mcginn would be a good add.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
20 goals in 2011-2012
11 goals last season.

With that weight, he should be our starter :sarcasm:

It's not that big of an accomplishment to score that many goals when you're given the kind of minutes he was given in the last two seasons in Denver (names like Blake Comeau, Mark Bell, etc come to mind). I like his intensity but he wouldn't be a big upgrade on Bourque.

PricePkPatch*

With that weight, he should be our starter :sarcasm:

It's not that big of an accomplishment to score that many goals when you're given the kind of minutes he was given in the last two seasons in Denver (names like Blake Comeau, Mark Bell, etc come to mind). I like his intensity but he wouldn't be a big upgrade on Bourque.

Younger and more energetic?

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
20 goals in 2011-2012
11 goals last season.

I agree, it's nothing to scoff at. But it doesn't support the claim that he has a goalscoring flair. He'd bring intangibles more than he'd bring goal scoring, which would be nice.

But I wouldn't give up a shutdown top4 defenseman in Gorges for him.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Younger and more energetic?

If you want energy we could get a guy like Dorsett, doesn't mean that at the end of the day that he's better than Bourque. Also RB is 31 so it's not like he's old or something. A motivated Bourque like the one we saw in the playoffs is a lot better than McGinn and a 2/3 of the NHL forwards.

PricePkPatch*

I agree, it's nothing to scoff at. But it doesn't support the claim that he has a goalscoring flair. He'd bring intangibles more than he'd bring goal scoring, which would be nice.

But I wouldn't give up a shutdown top4 defenseman in Gorges for him.

How about a 25-goalscorer signed relatively cheap for 4 years in Parenteau added to the lot?

PricePkPatch*

Problem is Gorges alone won't land Parenteau and McGinn. And we'd still have a hole on D

Plekanec for Statsny+Parenteau+McGinn?

Basically, we trade Pleky's signed years in exchange of Parenteau's signed years and a young McGinn.

Statsny can go sign himself wherever he wants, we put Eller as top shutdown man if he doesn't sign with us?

hmm.. Nah. We won't be able to sign Statsny, no matter what. Therefore, we have to assume Eller will be our top Centre.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Tomas "turtle neck" Plekanec retires a hab.
With a good supporting staff he is a must for a Stanely Cup run.

And I am not even ****in around!!!!!!!

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I didn't give it much thought when I first read it in that Eklund Habs/Avs rumor blog but what does "A Patrick Roy Statement Trade" really mean I wonder?

Habsterix*

It's true that the Habs and Avalanche have been scouting each other for several weeks now.

Something tells me that the targets are Stastny and Parenteau (or McGinn) coming to Montreal. Time will tell.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So this is how they don't get it done ...

There’s a lot of talk among NHL general managers as far as trying to make trades, but that’s all it is according to Phoenix Coyotes GM Don Maloney.

“There’s talk, but every conversation is the same,†he said.

“'Do you want to do something?’

‘Yeah, I’d want to do something. I’ve got this guy and this guy.’

‘Well I’ve got this guy and this guy.’

‘Oh geez, that doesnâ™t work.’â€

:sarcasm:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Markov is UFA this off season as well. The point is to get Parenteau as a big winger in exchange for the value, which is going to take Gionta's place.

The deal is NOT Stastny vs. Plek straight up; that would be ridiculous for us.

Parenteau is not a "big winger". He isn't small but plays small, mostly a perimiter game.

You are overrating McGinn, he's a poor man's Bourque, a kid with some size and skill who goes through periods where he is a complete non factor.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I think it isn't. He's a rfa and can also go to khl. Florida is trying to dump him like they did with Horton a few years ago.

They got a lot more than a 3rd for Horton. Boston sent Wideman plus a 1st and 3rd for Horton and Campbell.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Kulikov on the trading block

Do you think he'd be a good fit for this team going forward ?

I think he would be a good replacement for Markov, for years to come.

If Habs don't resign Markov, the team won't have a good #2 defenseman. Kulikov is having a terrible year, but he could live up to expectations and become a steady top4 D on a good team. Time to buy when a player of that caliber is playing poorly, or at least, make an offer. He can only get better, he's probably fed up playing for an inept team with a terrible front office. He played in the Q so he knows the deal with the Habs and media.

IMO, he's got a very decent two-way game, although we can question his defensive awareness and decision making, as demonstrated with his poor stats since the beginning of the year. He's just not good enough yet to carry the weight of being #1 on the Panthers.

If I'm MB I put Beaulieu + late round pick on the table to acquire him. Next year comes you don't resign Markov, you resign Diaz cheap and then you got :

Subban - Kulikov
Gorges - Emelin
Diaz - xxxx (cheap UFA vet with grit / toughness) or Tinordi if NHL ready.

Thoughts / analysis of Kulikov's strenghts / weaknesses ? I don't really watch the Panthers and am pretty surprised to see this guy on the trading block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille