Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread - Mk 2.0 - Steals and Ripoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
My only issue with Emelin is that, to me, he brings a physical element to the game but not much in the way of offensive or defensive skills. Not to discount the importance of his role/skill set on the team (Look at our defence without him) but I'd rather have a player in the top-4 with a defined skill set, like shut-down defender Gorges, than rely on Emelin in a purely complimentary role. We won't have Markov forever.

That being said, if Emelin comes back in great shape and proves to be a better partner for Subban than Gorges, my opinion is totally changed. He's got the physical potential to be pretty decent at both ends of the ice, that's for sure.

Emelin is a solid defence man when he is partnered with someone that plays his ****ing position and him not having to cover both corners in the defending zone.

Last year with Markov, I don't know if it was because Marky wasn't in the best condition or something the coaching staff employed, but Emelin was the guy working on the boards in both corners. Just before the half way mark of the season Markov started to consistently go into the corners.
It's pretty tough for a left handed dman to play on the right side, and it's even more difficult when you are the sole person doing all the battling.

Pair Emelin with Subban and play them 25-28 mins a game (after 5-8 games when he returns), put Markov with Boullion or Tinordi for 18-20 and the other 2 morons for the rest.

There is no reason to pair 2 TWD together unless it's a PP.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Are people seriously saying Brian "I make shooting for basket, I make miss" Gionta is better then Dany "I can score" Heatly?

Seriously? Heatly with any one of our centers would ACTUALLY score. He's playing on a defence systems team and since joining them his production has reduced.

Would you guys say Gionta > Kovalchuk too?

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Are people seriously saying Brian "I make shooting for basket, I make miss" Gionta is better then Dany "I can score" Heatly?

Seriously? Heatly with any one of our centers would ACTUALLY score. He's playing on a defence systems team and since joining them his production has reduced.

I'd take Gionta's character and locker room presence over Heatley's. You don't want him rubbing off on our youngins.

PricePkPatch*

So you'd take the good old adage of character over actually talent. Amazing.

No wonder it's been 20 years.

Yhea!! Let's bring back Andrei Kostityn and Ryder! Those guys really made us successful in the past!!!

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010

First Gionta is as good as Heatley at this point. Even better as he's not invisible when he's not scoring.

Secundo, you are comparing Danny Heatley to Kovalchuk.

Third, you might want to watch some tapes of those three players.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
So I think we might sign Simon Gagné...

He asked his agent to contact the Canadiens, management took it into considerations so they had to be a little interested by him but decided they have no spot in their roster for him.

But now if Brière/Prust are both out for a few months... with Pacioretty not coming back until mid-december,.. we are lacking at least one forward up front. Not sure I want a third line of Bournival - Desharnais - Blunden for a long stretch. But I'm not sure I want a Bournival - Desharnais - Gagné one either :laugh:

Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Gallagher - Eller - Galchenyuk
Bournival - Desharnais - Gagné
Moen - White - Blunden

Or you can still call-up Leblanc and put it on the 3rd line. At this point he can't be much worse than Gagné..

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
My only issue with Emelin is that, to me, he brings a physical element to the game but not much in the way of offensive or defensive skills. Not to discount the importance of his role/skill set on the team (Look at our defence without him) but I'd rather have a player in the top-4 with a defined skill set, like shut-down defender Gorges, than rely on Emelin in a purely complimentary role. We won't have Markov forever.

That being said, if Emelin comes back in great shape and proves to be a better partner for Subban than Gorges, my opinion is totally changed. He's got the physical potential to be pretty decent at both ends of the ice, that's for sure.

I actually disagree. I think Emelin has the offensive skills to play 2nd unit PP. That Bouillon filled the role over him last season agitated many. He scored 12 points in 38 games projecting to 26 points over a full season with absolutely zero PP time. I think Emelin is capable of 25-30 points playing on the second unit while filling a physical role we continue to lack.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

on his own team, he's 10th in points... hell even Matt Cooke has more points than him...

and Danny "I can score" Heatley doesnt have a goal this season yet, in case you didnt know :nod:

Halifaxhab*

I actually disagree. I think Emelin has the offensive skills to play 2nd unit PP. That Bouillon filled the role over him last season agitated many. He scored 12 points in 38 games projecting to 26 points over a full season with absolutely zero PP time. I think Emelin is capable of 25-30 points playing on the second unit while filling a physical role we continue to lack.

I agree with this. Emelin is a great top 4 D. He can eat minutes and play hard. Can you imagine forwards slamming on the breaks at our blueline when they see Subban and Emelin on the ice at the same time. Guys are seriously stopping and dumping when they go up the right side now....add Emelin and both sides are doing it.

Not to mention, he does have some offensive skill. He has a good low shot that is pretty accurate, creates rebounds, and his passing is pretty good. He must be an all around Dman, the Russians want him for Sochi, and their system is all about transition and skating

Talent Analyst

Dec 24, 2005
100th years
Plekanek + Beaulieu + 2rd for Edler?

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gionta
Bourque-Eller-Briere
Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Moen-Bournival-White

Edler-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Diaz
Bouillon-Murray

Weaker on offence, but we get a steady defencemen that will be able to play with Subban.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

Bourque-Eller-Briere
Moen-Bournival-White

Edler-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Diaz
Bouillon-Murray

Weaker on offence, but we get a steady defencemen that will be able to play with Subban.

Those lines looks terrible though. The only one that looks decent is the third line.

DD+Gionta=disaster

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
haha! when a dman such as Gorges has more points than a forward (on any team) you know this forward is bad/done :laugh:

Even if I do think that Heatly is far from what he was, it won't stay that way, comparing his stats to Gorges', and you know it. Making that comparison after 5 games means nothing.

Personnaly, I just think that Heatly would bring to habs more than what Gionta brings right now, in a very different manner. After such trade, it's almost a given Heatly would play better for at least a few months. He's more of a sniper, he's big, and would be a real presence on the PP, while Gionta is bringing it down.

And I don't buy what the loss of Gionta means in terms of leadership, as I don't buy into the bad infulence that could have Heatly. The young habs players have shown enough of workethic to not be influence by Heatly, and it's about time to concretly give the team to the young guys by getting rid of a done captain.

Of course, Heatly would be a very temporary measure, but habs need it right now. And there is absolutly nobody in Hamilton who can do Heatly's job while plenty on the team can do Gionta's job.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
So I think we might sign Simon Gagné...

He asked his agent to contact the Canadiens, management took it into considerations so they had to be a little interested by him but decided they have no spot in their roster for him.

But now if Brière/Prust are both out for a few months... with Pacioretty not coming back until mid-december,.. we are lacking at least one forward up front. Not sure I want a third line of Bournival - Desharnais - Blunden for a long stretch. But I'm not sure I want a Bournival - Desharnais - Gagné one either :laugh:

Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Gallagher - Eller - Galchenyuk
Bournival - Desharnais - Gagné
Moen - White - Blunden

Or you can still call-up Leblanc and put it on the 3rd line. At this point he can't be much worse than Gagné..

I would take Vinny Prospal 10 times before Gagné.....

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo

I didn't say Emelin wouldn't be productive. I was simple stating that he's actually a good solid defence man.

/edit typo

Last edited:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Bourque-Eller-Briere
Moen-Bournival-White

Edler-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Diaz
Bouillon-Murray

Newsflash: DD is now a (bad) 3rd line center about to loose his job to Bournival. Don't put him back on the first line....with Gionta nonetheless. 5'7" + 5'7" = Worst idea ever

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
on his own team, he's 10th in points... hell even Matt Cooke has more points than him...

and Danny "I can score" Heatley doesnt have a goal this season yet, in case you didnt know :nod:

Oh ya a 1 point gap is HUGE!! Heatly sucks because Gionta has 3 points and he has 2. Oh the humanity!!

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Heatley isn't what he used to be, he barely produces anymore. Gionta won't move for Heatley only guy I'd trade for Heatley is Desharnais and even than I'd think hard on it.

Yup a guy that last year had 21pts in 31 games is a much worse player than one that had 26 in 48 games.

Marc-E-

Sep 19, 2004
Montréal, Québec
I think Bergevin should give a call to Dale Tallon for Tomas Kopecky or Kris Versteeg. Kopecky has no points in 9 games, but had good seasons last four years. He could fit well with Plekanec and he could add some size up front. He's still signed for the next two years at 3M per year. I could imagine a deal sending Desharnais and Moen plus a draft pick for Kopecky and Versteeg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad