Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread - Mk 2.0 - Steals and Ripoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
The other thread reached 40 pages, so...

Continue here!

What do you think would cost Yakupov, and do you think we could reform his ways?

It's going to cost Pacioretty and the cost of reform will be Mrs. Galchenyuks home cooking.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
If we're going to trade DD it will have to be for another overpaid 3rd/4th liner. Would anyone be interested in a DD for Gaustad swap?

PricePkPatch*

It's going to cost Pacioretty and the cost of reform will be Mrs. Galchenyuks home cooking.

So you think we could provide him a better growing environment?

.... wait, shouldn't we protect Miss Galchenyuk's honor?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
If we're going to trade DD it will have to be for another overpaid 3rd/4th liner. Would anyone be interested in a DD for Gaustad swap?

Would do something around DD + White for Gaustad + 2nd round pick....
Save one year on the terms, + $950 000 this year.

Having a 6'5" center, with top skills in the face-off circle, very good on the PK..on th 4th line, would help more than DD on a bottom 6.

A 4th line build around Gaustad, Prust, Moen, Parros would a nice and really usefull 4th line.

Still....... not the best option

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
So you think we could provide him a better growing environment?

.... wait, shouldn't we protect Miss Galchenyuk's honor?

Didn't Yakupov live with the Galchenyuks for a while in Sarnia? Her cooking has already been sampled.

Better growing environment, who knows. But I don't like changing our mix and carving out a big piece of our team for a "maybe".

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
I'd trade Desharnais for one of Clifford, Dorsett, Boll or Nolan, but I don't know if it can be done.

Pacman-Plecky-Gionta
Galchy-Eller-Gally
Bourque-Brière-Prust
Clifford/Boll/Dorsett/Nolan-Bournival-Moen

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
I'd trade Desharnais for one of Clifford, Dorsett, Boll or Nolan, but I don't know if it can be done.

Pacman-Plecky-Gionta
Galchy-Eller-Gally
Bourque-Brière-Prust
Clifford/Boll/Dorsett/Nolan-Bournival-Moen

I'm on bored for Jordan Nolan I think he's going to be a good hockey player and would flourish in Montreal. But LA won't get rid of him especially for dd, we would have to give a prospect and maybe a low draft pick. But at this point I would take a seventh rounder from any team willing to take him off our hands. And that's saying a lot from me I was one of the people saying lets be patient with him, it's like he's lost his drive he used to fight for those pucks in the corner and actually win his battles but the last year and a half I haven't seen him win one or even really try.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
It's very simple I want Simmonds so bad. We need Simmonds and I am willing to give up a first rounder for him, maybe if we all pray Philly will still have trouble winning and scoring and they give him to us. I believe if we can replace Gio with Simmonds we could have a really good team.

I'm not a gio hater it's just his contract Is up at the end of the year and Simmonds would just look great there.

Last edited:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I really believe that no team will be willing to trade anything for Desharnais right now. I don't remember if it was McGuire, McKenzie, Lebrun or Dreger, but I remember one of them saying on TSN690 that Desharnais has 0 value and is untradable after the extension.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I really believe that no team will be willing to trade anything for Desharnais right now. I don't remember if it was McGuire, McKenzie, Lebrun or Dreger, but I remember one of them saying on TSN690 that Desharnais has 0 value and is untradable after the extension.

He would clear waiver, post a poll on the main board if you want proof.

:ahl:

PricePkPatch*

It's very simple I want Simmonds so bad. We need Simmonds and I am willing to give up a first rounder for him, maybe if we all pray Philly will still have trouble winning and scoring and they give him to us. I believe if we can replace Gio with Simmonds we could have a really good team.

I'm not a gio hater it's just his contract Is up at the end of the year and Simmonds would just look great there.

Trading a highish pick for Simmonds would go against Bergevin's declared philosophy of building throught the draft.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
Trading a highish pick for Simmonds would go against Bergevin's declared philosophy of building throught the draft.

I know and I agree with bergy. But Simmonds is one of the only guys I would trade a draft pick for because he's relatively young and he brings exactly what this team needs.

You know your a mean poster you just shattered my dream of acquiring simmonds. Lol just being sorcastic.

PricePkPatch*

I know and I agree with bergy. But Simmonds is one of the only guys I would trade a draft pick for because he's relatively young and he brings exactly what this team needs.

You know your a mean poster you just shattered my dream of acquiring simmonds. Lol just being sorcastic.

Being Socratic?

Wikipedia said:
The Socratic method (also known as method of elenchus, elenctic method, or Socratic debate), named after the classical Greek philosopher Socrates, is a form of inquiry and discussion between individuals, based on asking and answering questions to stimulate critical thinking and to illuminate ideas

Well, damn it. You learn something everyday. I like your methods :D

Seriously, tho. I am on the same boat as you. Just look at the previous Trade Proposal thread. I was probably the greatest arguer in favour of acquiring Simmonds. He would be AWESOME on our top-6.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
Being Socratic?

Seriously, tho. I am on the same boat as you. Just look at the previous Trade Proposal thread. I was probably the greatest arguer in favour of acquiring Simmonds. He would be AWESOME on our top-6.

Love the Wikipedia definition. I put my trust in bergy and just hope one day I can say with a tear in my eye while the Habs are skating around the ice with the 25 cup, I put my faith in the right guy.

IN BERGEVIN WE TRUST

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Being Socratic?

Perhaps you're joking, but I think he meant sarcastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad