Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread - Mk 2.0 - Steals and Ripoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
I think the most obvious and apparent need is a big and/or fast RW with scoring ability to open up room for Galchenyuk/Eller.

I honestly can't think of a much better fit than Alex Chiasson.

6'4 205lbs, 23yo, RW from Montreal. 13pts in 13gp at the NHL level with respectable and consistent numbers in the AHL.

He would cost A LOT. Any ideas on how we could acquire him while retaining our core?

Edit: Also a lifelong Habs fan according to Wikipedia.

Pretty hard to rate consistency with only 66 career games and 14 career goals. You are stretching it a bit there.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Pretty hard to rate consistency with only 66 career games and 14 career goals. You are stretching it a bit there.

I don't think so.... I've watched him play in the AHL on several occasions and his game-to-game stats show he's a pretty consistent point producer at the AHL level. He's not going on long streaks or having big dips in scoring as far as I'm concerned. Those stats speak to a respectable level of consistency.

In terms of stats we can access and the sample size we have, it's all pretty positive. That's about all we can ask for.

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
We need a big guy for the 2nd line but we need to deal a center like DD or Pleks with a guy like C. Thomas or Collberg. I'm still saying Sharp, Callahan, Burrows, Wheeler and Ladd are good choice maybe P. Sharp is intouchable but the others could be available at the deadline.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Question is....who needs a C, isn't a small team, and is looking to get rid of a DD similar type of contract. Once you find that....you get your deal. Pretty easy.....:sarcasm:

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
I don't think so.... I've watched him play in the AHL on several occasions and his game-to-game stats show he's a pretty consistent point producer at the AHL level. He's not going on long streaks or having big dips in scoring as far as I'm concerned. Those stats speak to a respectable level of consistency.

In terms of stats we can access and the sample size we have, it's all pretty positive. That's about all we can ask for.

So based on last year's stats for both players you must agree that David Desharnais was also a consistent point producer. Their points per game were almost equal and Desharnais did it at the NHL level and not in the minors.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
I personnaly think that Gionta-Heatly straight up would make lots of sense.

• Both are not performing like their teams want it or need it.
  • Both are overpaid but are not exactly a cap nightmare since their contracts are over at the end of the season.
  • It's early into the season, so both team would be able to trade them again at the deadline if the experiment doesn't work as they wish.
  • Gionta would change the dynamic in Minni's team by adding speed, leadership and defensive responsability to a good but underperforming team.
  • Heatly would add size to a small team and a sniper ability that doesn't exist on the team.
  • Heatly could at least help during Max Pac absence, and going on from there if he's performing reasonnably.
  • It wouldn't take much from Gionta to outperform Heatly in Minni, and it wouldn't take much from Heatly to outperform Gionta in Montreal.

That make lots of sense to me.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
There is no way in hell the habs trade for a guy like Heatley, not even for a 7th, so pipe that BS down.

Seriously we're going to trade our captain for a barrel of toxic goo.. WTF?

HabsRockBruinsChoke

Jul 30, 2013
To Montreal: Forsberg

To Nashville: Desharnais, Briere

We're not paying Briere $4mil/year to score empty netters... or $3.5mil to Desharnais to produce almost nothing.. those types of salaries are not for third/fourth liners

Nashville is an offensively challenged team. Putting Desharnais and Briere (Who both have significant experience as first liners) on their first line would improve the team. For Montreal, our roster will become salary clean and have Forsberg centering third line.

Our roster would then look like this (assuming Pacioretty is still injured):

Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Prust - Forsberg - Bournival
Moen - White - Parros
Thomas

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
I personnaly think that Gionta-Heatly straight up would make lots of sense.

• Both are not performing like their teams want it or need it.
  • Both are overpaid but are not exactly a cap nightmare since their contracts are over at the end of the season.
  • It's early into the season, so both team would be able to trade them again at the deadline if the experiment doesn't work as they wish.
  • Gionta would change the dynamic in Minni's team by adding speed, leadership and defensive responsability to a good but underperforming team.
  • Heatly would add size to a small team and a sniper ability that doesn't exist on the team.
  • Heatly could at least help during Max Pac absence, and going on from there if he's performing reasonnably.
  • It wouldn't take much from Gionta to outperform Heatly in Minni, and it wouldn't take much from Heatly to outperform Gionta in Montreal.

That make lots of sense to me.

Gio is way better than Heatly so nogo. DD was very good vs Wpg so if he can play like that most games i would keep him.

Nitehowl

Jul 28, 2005
BC Canada
We need a big guy for the 2nd line but we need to deal a center like DD or Pleks with a guy like C. Thomas or Collberg. I'm still saying Sharp, Callahan, Burrows, Wheeler and Ladd are good choice maybe P. Sharp is intouchable but the others could be available at the deadline.

I think Simmonds makes the most sense for RW

Also would Diaz for Adam Larsson be a good deal??

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

We're not paying Briere $4mil/year to score empty netters... or $3.5mil to Desharnais to produce almost nothing.. those types of salaries are not for third/fourth liners

Nashville is an offensively challenged team. Putting Desharnais and Briere (Who both have significant experience as first liners) on their first line would improve the team. For Montreal, our roster will become salary clean and have Forsberg centering third line.

Moen - White - Parros
Thomas

This is a joke right?

This will not even go trough in NHL14.

You really think two overpaid, underachieving, negative value, undersize players will get us Forsberg?

What's next? Gionta and Bouillon for Yakupov?

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
So based on last year's stats for both players you must agree that David Desharnais was also a consistent point producer. Their points per game were almost equal and Desharnais did it at the NHL level and not in the minors.

Both Chiasson and Desharnais can both be consistent producers and have nothing to do with each other. You know who also has very consistent numbers? Sidney Crosby. Based on your thought process here, this must mean Chiasson will be just like Crosby.

Great argument you've made.....

It's not a bad thing to say that Chiasson has good consistency based on game-to-game point production, this would hint at a solid level of effort and the fact that he's a significant, consistent, and proactive player when he plays. This stat doesn't measure his defensive or physical abilities and, as you know, stats don't tell the whole story. However, as I said before, I've also watched him play several times in the AHL (and in Dallas) and I can attest to his physicality and involvement in the play.

Have you watched him?

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque

Moen - White - Parros
Thomas

That's so ****ing bad, if you have some dignity, don't ever post proposals like this again...

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Gio is way better than Heatly so nogo. DD was very good vs Wpg so if he can play like that most games i would keep him.

I say if Heatly goes on to score 15-20 goals, it would be better than having Gionta who shy away in the corners more than ever, had slowed down, and who's bringing down all lines he has played on since last year.

I'm not saying Gionta isn't good, I'm saying he brings nothing more to the team that what is allready in place. Beside, Heatly isn't a great player anymore, far from it, but he does bring something the team doesn't have.

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
I think Simmonds makes the most sense for RW

Also would Diaz for Adam Larsson be a good deal??

Im sorry but Diaz for Larsson? Seriously? Maybe add a 1st and decent prospect to get talks started.

Simmonds would cost an arm and a leg but if Philly is doing this badly by the deadline maybe they will consider trading him to the highest bider.

Nitehowl

Jul 28, 2005
BC Canada
Im sorry but Diaz for Larsson? Seriously? Maybe add a 1st and decent prospect to get talks started.

Simmonds would cost an arm and a leg but if Philly is doing this badly by the deadline maybe they will consider trading him to the highest bider.

Maybe explain your thoughts more??

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
I say if Heatly goes on to score 15-20 goals, it would be better than having Gionta who shy away in the corners more than ever, had slowed down, and who's bringing down all lines he has played on since last year.

I'm not saying Gionta isn't good, I'm saying he brings nothing more to the team that what is allready in place. Beside, Heatly isn't a great player anymore, far from it, but he does bring something the team doesn't have.

If we're trading Gionta why wouldn't we trade him for a 2nd + a prospect. I don't see the point of trading him for Heatley because if Gionta is redundant, Heatley would also be redundant and if we were out of the playoff picture the trade would be for a young piece or two.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque

Ladd or Wheeler would both be pretty good, Ladd I always liked as a player, not the most skilled, but he's still able to post 2nd line production while using his size and he likes physical stuff. Wheeler is not as physical, but he's real fast for his size, and he's damn huge (would help our RW in that department), and is pretty skilled. Both are having so-so starts. I don't know what's Trouba's status, but he was their best D, if he's out for a while, maybe we could ship them a D and add from there. Not throwing any names, just to be sure nobody goes berserk... :sarcasm:

Draft

Jan 23, 2013

He needs to fit the age of our core or he won't be much use. I wouldn't make a big trade for anyone over 27/28.

Rscorpio

Epic Meal Time!
Feb 9, 2004
Santiago, Chile

Moen - White - Parros
Thomas

for-the-love-of-god-for-the-love-of-god-please-stop-that-shi-demotivational-poster-12220169241.jpg

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

1st plus decent prospect doesn't get the talks started for Larsson. They'd want Gallagher++ or Galchenyuk. I'm serious. It's not worth it at all.

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012

Are the other posters opinions enough of an explanation? If not here:

Adam Larsson is a 4th overall, 20 year old, 6'3 defender. Raphael Diaz is a 5'11, 27 year old bottom pairing guy.

Larsson has A LOT of potential, although he is playing very poorly.

I dont think it would take Galchenyuk but Beaulieu + 1st + something is very possible. Not Diaz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad