Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread - Mk 2.0 - Steals and Ripoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
What a weak Saturday morning for trade proposals....

Needs
Top-6 winger with size
#2 defenceman
Defenceman signed past next year
A trade involving Desharnais

Surplus
B-level Prospects
Centerman (Desharnias/Plekanec/Briere)
Trade Deadline candidates or expiring contracts (Markov, Gionta, Briere, Diaz etc.)

We either need a big signing, a huge draft pick, or a lopsided trade for us to acquire both a Top-6 winger and a #2 defenceman based on our surplus. It's not impossible but it could take a while.

Nitehowl

Jul 28, 2005
BC Canada
Are the other posters opinions enough of an explanation? If not here:

Adam Larsson is a 4th overall, 20 year old, 6'3 defender. Raphael Diaz is a 5'11, 27 year old bottom pairing guy.

Larsson has A LOT of potential, although he is playing very poorly.

I dont think it would take Galchenyuk but Beaulieu + 1st + something is very possible. Not Diaz.

I guess I should have stated based on those two ..not one for one.Then maybe your rudeness would be less:shakehead

Larsson is sitting out games,not happy etc...just cause he was 4th overall doesn't mean much...remember Pouliot for Latendresse? Pouliot was 4th overall. Did you say then that Pouliot has so much value cause he was drafted 4th overall???

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec

Needs
Top-6 winger with size
#2 defenceman

Surplus
B-level Prospects
Trade Deadline candidates or expiring contracts (Markov, Gionta, Briere, Diaz etc.)

We either need a big signing, a huge draft pick, or a lopsided trade for us to acquire both a Top-6 winger and a #2 defenceman based on our surplus. It's not impossible but it could take a while.

Yeah also those needs shouldn't be filled by guys older than 27-28 so they help fill out the core. Bergy really has to hit one out of the park soon.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia

Needs
Top-6 winger with size
#2 defenceman

Surplus
B-level Prospects

Likely going to have to draft a top 6 winger with size. Fingers crossed for McCarron but he is still years away.. I don't see how we can trade for one without massive overpayment.

Plekanec is the only one that I could see getting traded and possibly fetching a top 2 D man..
As a huge fan of Plekanec, I'd be very bummed but not surprised. Problem is it would open up another hole. Eller has been good but we need Plekanec. Briere and DD need to go but they have no value..

We're ****ed.

Ideal targets IMO

Chris Stewart / Wayne Simmonds ( can't see Philly trading Simmonds here though )

Alex Edler

Last edited:

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Yeah also those needs shouldn't be filled by guys older than 27-28 so they help fill out the core. Bergy really has to hit one out of the park soon.

Absolutely agree. In terms of a big winger, I don't think it should be an option. Very few big, physical wingers stay effective past ~30. That's 2-3 years and not within our cup window. Though, we might be able to get away with a 27/28yo defenceman.

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Absolutely agree. In terms of a big winger, I don't think it should be an option. Very few big, physical wingers stay effective past ~30. That's 2-3 years and not within our cup window. Though, we might be able to get away with a 27/28yo defenceman.

Yeah that's true as stated above our best hope for that is McCarron who I'm a huge fan of. Going into the future with PK, Beaulieu and Tinordi on D is great we just need that last piece, sadly Gainey traded away the perfect guy for that spot years ago

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Are the other posters opinions enough of an explanation? If not here:

Adam Larsson is a 4th overall, 20 year old, 6'3 defender. Raphael Diaz is a 5'11, 27 year old bottom pairing guy.

Larsson has A LOT of potential, although he is playing very poorly.

I dont think it would take Galchenyuk but Beaulieu + 1st + something is very possible. Not Diaz.

Not even that would work. Considering the Devils prospect pool and their current crop of defense men, Larsson is not going anywhere.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Likely going to have to draft a top 6 winger with size. Fingers crossed for McCarron but he is still years away.. I don't see how we can trade for one without massive overpayment.

Plekanec is the only one that I could see getting traded and possibly fetching a top 2 D man..
As a huge fan of Plekanec, I'd be very bummed but not surprised. Problem is it would open up another hole. Eller has been good but we need Plekanec. Briere and DD need to go but they have no value..

We're ****ed.

No we're not! :laugh:

Top-9:

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-XXXX
XXXX-Eller-Gallagher
(We've got about 10 players who look like they can play on the 3rd line or be complimentary players on the 2nd)

Top 4

"Gorges"-Subban
Tinordi-Beaulieu

Price

Not so many holes and our core looks pretty solid.

Who knows? It could be as easy as trading Plekanec for a big winger and signing Dan Girardi in the offseason.

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec

Top-9:

XXXX-Eller-Gallagher
(We've got about 10 players who look like they can play on the 3rd line or be complimentary players on the 2nd)

Top 4

"Gorges"-Subban
Tinordi-Beaulieu

Price

Who knows? It could be as easy as trading Plekanec for a big winger and signing Dan Girardi in the offseason.

Yeah we need that first line RW and top 2D and we are set I'm not bit on seeing Gorges in the top 4 though I prefer Emelin there if we can't find anyone else

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Yeah we need that first line RW and top 2D and we are set I'm not bit on seeing Gorges in the top 4 though I prefer Emelin there if we can't find anyone else

My only issue with Emelin is that, to me, he brings a physical element to the game but not much in the way of offensive or defensive skills. Not to discount the importance of his role/skill set on the team (Look at our defence without him) but I'd rather have a player in the top-4 with a defined skill set, like shut-down defender Gorges, than rely on Emelin in a purely complimentary role. We won't have Markov forever.

That being said, if Emelin comes back in great shape and proves to be a better partner for Subban than Gorges, my opinion is totally changed. He's got the physical potential to be pretty decent at both ends of the ice, that's for sure.

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
I guess I should have stated based on those two ..not one for one.Then maybe your rudeness would be less:shakehead

Larsson is sitting out games,not happy etc...just cause he was 4th overall doesn't mean much...remember Pouliot for Latendresse? Pouliot was 4th overall. Did you say then that Pouliot has so much value cause he was drafted 4th overall???

Diaz will not get you anywhere close to Larsson.

You dont give up on young defensemen that quickly. Especially not to get an older, smaller and arguably worse defenseman.

Last edited:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

Top-9:

XXXX-Eller-Gallagher

Top 4

"Gorges"-Subban
Tinordi-Beaulieu

Price

NTC, easy ?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

We're ****ed.

Ideal targets IMO

Chris Stewart / Wayne Simmonds ( can't see Philly trading Simmonds here though )

Alex Edler

If Bournival continues to play well by trade deadline can see possible Plekanec trade and move him into Pleks ice-time. If it is for an Edler or Simmonds type return.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
If Bournival continues to play well by trade deadline can see possible Plekanec trade and move him into Pleks ice-time. If it is for an Edler or Simmonds type return.

Hold your horses Mats! Bournival is producing well and providing support in 7mins a game and on the 4th line, I don't think we can expect him to play over 15mins a night against top lines! There's a chance he could play in a third line role though....

NateTheGr8

Aug 17, 2012
Canada
We should trade Desharnais to Dallas for dirt cheap, maybe the GM will remember how good he did with Cole.

Also I'd love to trade to Florida for Dmitri Kulikov. He's struggling this year but IMO he has so much potential. He is only 22 so he can still learn from other Russians like Markov and Emelin. It wouldn't cost that much to get him either as I read that the GM would give him for the right price. I would give them Gionta and a second and a 4th.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
We should trade Desharnais to Dallas for dirt cheap, maybe the GM will remember how good he did with Cole.

Also I'd love to trade to Florida for Dmitri Kulikov. He's struggling this year but IMO he has so much potential. He is only 22 so he can still learn from other Russians like Markov and Emelin. It wouldn't cost that much to get him either as I read that the GM would give him for the right price. I would give them Gionta and a second and a 4th.

You wouldn't be getting Kulikov for anything centred around Gionta. He's got similar value to Gallagher.

Matthias would be a good pickup and would look great on our 3rd/4th line though.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013

Who else would you add in the trade for Desharnais to get the Dallas GM to pick up that four year $3.5M contract? ... Nathan Beaulieu maybe and a few other rookie players? It is the contract that is the trade problem, not just the poor performance of the player. DD is going to be here for four years, just live with it.

Same goes for the Gionta trade, no GM in his right mind is going to pick up Gionta's $5M contract unless you add something of decent value, or take something back that is a bigger dud. Gionta has negative trade value as is, you won't be able to trade him even up for a decent upcoming player. The only thing he has of worth is his expiring contract, but you would have to take back a bigger contract dud or there would be no trade.

Last edited:

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Max Pacioretty ($4.500m) / Lars Eller ($3.500m) / Daniel Briere ($4.000m)
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Tomas Kopecky ($3.000m)
Kyle Clifford ($1.075m) / Alex Galchenyuk ($3.225m) / Brendan Gallagher ($0.870m)
Brandon Prust ($2.500m) / Brian Boyle ($2.400m) / Michael Bournival ($0.870m)
Ryan White ($0.800m) / Louis Leblanc ($0.851m)
DEFENSEMEN
Alexei Emelin ($3.000m) / P.K. Subban ($6.500m)
Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / Dan Girardi ($5.500m)
Jarred Tinordi ($1.083m) / Raphael Diaz ($1.500m)
Davis Drewiske ($0.638m) /
GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($6.500m)
Peter Budaj ($1.400m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,943,833; BONUSES: $2,907,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,263,667

Trades:

To FLA: David Desharnais
To MTL: Tomas Kopecky

To LAK: 2015 2nd round pick
To MTL: Kyle Clifford

To NYR: Travis Moen
To MTL: 3rd round pick

Signings:

Dan Girardi: 6 years 5.5 per NTC

Brian Boyle: 2 years 2.4 per

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
Max Pacioretty - Tomas Plekanec - Brian Gionta
Alex Galchenyuk - Lars Eller - Brendan Gallagher
Rene Bourque - Daniel Briere - Thomas Kopecky
Brandon Prust - Shawn Matthias - Travis Moen
- Michael Bournival and Ryan White

Andrei Markov - PK Subban
Alexei Emelin - Josh Gorges
Douglas Murray - Raphael Diaz
- Francis Bouillon and Jarred Tinordi

Id do David Desharnais, a 3rd and Florida's choice of 2 of Christian Thomas/Louis Leblanc/Morgan Ellis/Tim Bozon/Patrick Holland for Shawn Matthias and Thomas Kopecky.

3rd + prospect = Shawn Matthias
DD(I value him as a 3rd) + prospect = Thomas Kopecky

This is a lineup I feel comfortable going into the playoffs with.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Max Pacioretty / Tomas Plekanec / Jamie McGinn or Steve Downie (preferably Downie)
Alex Galchenyuk / Lars Eller / Brendan Gallagher
Rene Bourque / Daniel Briere or David Desharnais / Brandon Prust
Michael Bournival / Bryan Boyle / Ryan White (i would rather have someone like Ryan Reaves here tho)
Gorge Parros

P.K. Subban / Andrei Markov
Josh Gorges / Jarred Tinordi
Raphael Diaz / Nathan Beaulieu
Alexei Emelin

Carey Price
Peter Budaj

i would be happy w/ something like this, adding either McGinn or Downie shouldnt be very hard seeing as their going to be ufa's this year
bring in Boyle as a solid 4th line C. trade DD or Briere (pick your poison), Moen and Gionta

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->