Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread IX: Trade Deadline Edition

Would you do it: Romanov, Poehling, and a 1st for Stone, Panarin, or Duchene with an extension?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
If I'm in Bergevin's seat right now? 1st and Lehkonen. If I have to throw a 2nd or Evans into it too sure.

Yeah I'd do that, just not sure they would. Are they loaded with C prospects? I figured Poehling would be a must from their perspective.

Major move if MB pulls that off... maybe Getzlaf would get a kick out of playing with guys like Weber, Price, Gally and Domi. Dig down and have those monster playoffs.

Again, I think it's 100% speculation with no evidence to back it up but it's fun to think about it.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Okay, so Bergevin upgraded the fourth line.

Agostino and Chaput are just fringe NHLers on bad teams. Thompson and Weise have a history and experience set that should help this year.

So good moves, we lost a 4th but got a 5th, and lost nobody Schlemko. Grade A.

Now lets see if Bergevin has the ability to pull off a winning top pair dman move.?

Reactions: jaffy27

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I see MB being done now with Folin, Weise, and Thompson. It's not much but I think prices will be too high for him to do anything else, and he's not gonna want to mess with the chemistry in our top 9.

I'd try to upgrade Reilly myself, but it's hard to say.

Reactions: Vachon23

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I see MB being done now with Folin, Weise, and Thompson. It's not much but I think prices will be too high for him to do anything else, and he's not gonna want to mess with the chemistry in our top 9.

I'd try to upgrade Reilly myself, but it's hard to say.

Hopefully Juulsen gets healthy...But would Kulak be better on the 2nd pair? I'm not sure. I want Reilly to pkay theougj his mistakes and take his confidence level to the next level.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
My offer for Panarin.

Suzuki or Ylonen or Lehkonen, Juulsen, 1st 2019
vs
Panarin, conditional 3rd 2020 if not re-signed.

Why? Suzuki/Ylonen/Lehkonen ultimate best case scenario is becoming a similar player to Panarin, they could also bust like many top prospect.

Juulsen, I think we have the depth to let him go with Fleury and Brook developing well.

1st 2019, unlike many here I don't mind trading a 1st round pick. This year the draft top end prospect is not great and there could be nice prospects available with our 2x2nd round pick.

Why get Panarin, let's get this straight we have almost zero shot right now at Panarin to re-sign with us this summer with all the top more attractive team getting ready to pawn on him as soon as available...Unless... Our true shot at him is to test the water in Montreal like we did with Kovalev and Petry who were clearly impressed by the support. We have no cap issue this summer and we could definately compete money wise with any team we would also have the "power" to offer 8 years.

I still remember the excitement following the Kovalev trade and the love relationship that evolved between the habs fans and Kovy. Panarin is the closest thing to Kovalev right now and he has proven he can be a gamebreaker. He would obviously improve our PP significantly and he plays with speed like we want. I think he would love playing here

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
I really like the timing of these moves by MB. Low cost but necessary moves to fix the 4th line and add a depth D. Basically did our chores, now hes got 2 weeks before the deadline to see how the team plays with a better 4th line and can then decide to try to make a more impactful move if the team keeps playing at a high level. Really smart timing.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
My offer for Panarin.

vs

Why? Suzuki/Ylonen/Lehkonen ultimate best case scenario is becoming a similar player to Panarin, they could also bust like many top prospect.

Juulsen, I think we have the depth to let him go with Fleury and Brook developing well.

1st 2019, unlike many here I don't mind trading a 1st round pick. This year the draft top end prospect is not great and there could be nice prospects available with our 2x2nd round pick.

Why get Panarin, let's get this straight we have almost zero shot right now at Panarin to re-sign with us this summer with all the top more attractive team getting ready to pawn on him as soon as available...Unless... Our true shot at him is to test the water in Montreal like we did with Kovalev and Petry who were clearly impressed by the support. We have no cap issue this summer and we could definately compete money wise with any team we would also have the "power" to offer 8 years.

I still remember the excitement following the Kovalev trade and the love relationship ciously improve our PP significantly and he plays with speed like we want. I think he would love playing here

wasting 3 first pick to have a chance to sign him

thats pure garbage

but we get a cond3rd if he dont sign

looooool

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
wasting 3 first pick to have a chance to sign him

thats pure garbage

but we get a cond3rd if he dont sign

looooool
3 first round pick that are unknown. Unless that pick is top 5/10 the most likely scenario are getting bottom pairing defenseman or 3rd line forwards.

Juulsen look to me like a bottom pairing defenseman.

Suzuki has great potential but he has his warts. Could we regret letting him go? yes but for Panarin it is worth it.

1st round pick has proven in the past (i.e. McCarron, Scherbak, Tinordi, Beaulieu, etc) could be worth nothing in a couple years. It's going to be in the 20s the way we are playing.

Panarin is a top player and he would mean business this year and offer us a legit chance to get him re-signed.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
im not giving out 3 first pick assets for a guy that has 20% to resign with us

we are not top contenders and most of the big players who goes UFA at the deadline will still be UFA july 1st and we will not need to waste 3 first picks to try to acquire them during UFA market.

Can we let the young players progress instead of trying a dumb risky strat jesus

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Now that our 4th line has been upgrade, I just want a guy to replace Rielly on the top 4

Not saying I would have paid the price to get Muzzin, but he looked like exactly what we need next to Petry. I was quite impressed with his game on Saturday. Hopefully Bergevin can find a similar type of guy but it will be hard.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Do you watch hockey?

Gallagher is the heart of this team. No way I'd move him. Notwithstanding his value in 2.5 years ... why would we move someone who is giving maximum return on that value today.... maybe in the last year of his contract if we're in cap trouble or suck....neither of those is probable based on what I'm seeing out of our young players and the potential of Poehling, Suzuki, Romanov.

Reilly, Hudon and Niemi are expendable ... but ... the only reason to move Niemi is to make room for one of our Goalies in Laval... not to bring in someone worse.

Edmonton need D help ... why on earth would they give up their only real asset on the back end for a forward.

It's not that I don't think Edmonton represents a trade opportunity. They've got cap troubles and the most expendable (based on production) related to cap hit is Lucic.

I don't know if he'd be a good fit here in the regular season, because he's slooowwwwww, but the game changes in the PO's where I think he'd be an asset. Also,based on his friendship with Gallagher and history with Julien he may be a good fit on the club.

What do we give up ... normally a contract like Lucic's would mean prospects would have to accompany him ... but ... we have our own cap-draining, under-achiever in Alzner. They save cap $ in the exchange and get a d-man that can probably play in Hitchcocks system (unknown). I'd even throw in another lesser prospect to sweeten the deal.

We have the cap space and extra assets to make the deal. Alzner is definitely never going to play here, Lucic may or may not work but realistically it's a low-risk move. If Lucic doesn't pan out we can eat some of his salary and ship him to a cap ceiling-challenged team. He's definitely an asset, but clearly not a fit in Edmonton.

Not surprised people will come to Gallagher's defense. Talk to me about how you feel about him in 2.3 years when he is UFA, asking for a monster contract and might not be the same Gallagher we know today.

And yes, I do watch the games. My point went over your head. This is about capitalizing on Gallagaher's value today. The point is not that I think he sucks or I'm overlooking how much of a loss he would be. Continue on with whatever you want to think though.... I just wonder what people would of said about trading Patch when he was scoring 30-40 goals 1.5 years ago?

Reactions: the

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Not surprised people will come to Gallagher's defense. Talk to me about how you feel about him in 2.3 years when he is UFA, asking for a monster contract and might not be the same Gallagher we know today.

And yes, I do watch the games. My point went over your head. This is about capitalizing on Gallagaher's value today. The point is not that I think he sucks or I'm overlooking how much of a loss he would be. Continue on with whatever you want to think though.... I just wonder what people would of said about trading Patch when he was scoring 30-40 goals 1.5 years ago?

People have been writing that about Gallagher for a long time.

Perhaps he'll have good longevity, and be productive past thirty.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
0.001% chance of getting Getzlaf but that would be pretty awesome. One of the best players in the league not including this year. Would help our PP a ton too.

This.

Getzlaf would be a huge boost. The price would be high.

Wild stab at it would be:

1st
Lehkonen
Olofsson

maybe another prospect or pick but I wouldn't trade any of the big prospects. Although I have a feeling Poehling+pick/Getzlaf could be done. We know MB likes 1v1 trades or close to it.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I get Perry and Kesler buyouts but in what world is Getzlaf a buyout candidate? Teams would line up to acquire him.

yeah that makes sense. Their source is journalist Mark Whicker du Orange County Register.

As for Perry, he's been basically a 20 goal, 50 point guy the two previous seasons. Next year he'll be 34 and the year after 35. So there's some risk, adding 4 million to the cap, but who knows what Perry will be able to give over the next two seasons.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
My offer for Panarin.

vs

I still remember the excitement following the Kovalev trade and the love relationship that evolved between the habs fans and Kovy. Panarin is the closest thing to Kovalev right now and he has proven he can be a gamebreaker. He would obviously improve our PP significantly and he plays with speed like we want. I think he would love playing here
Your proposal is flawed, Bergevin already stated he’s NOT trading a first for a rental

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
People have been writing that about Gallagher for a long time.

Perhaps he'll have good longevity, and be productive past thirty.

I'll defend his value up until the age of 30 but I'm seeing him slow down already. His foot speed is average and he lives on his intelligence and shot. The idea here is that we flip him for high value today vs overpaying him as a UFA very soon in a few seasons. Imagine if we traded Patch before the 17/18 season and what we could of got for him? This kind of thinking.

I get it, he produces and he is a huge part of our team. I'm not dismissing this. I just think we can get the missing piece we need at LD and get younger at the same time. But hey, we are having a good season, lets see where it leads us....

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
0.001% chance of getting Getzlaf but that would be pretty awesome. One of the best players in the league not including this year. Would help our PP a ton too.

I'm not 100% down on Getzlaf at this stage of his career. NHL game is changing and look how slow he looked against us a few games ago. He turns 34 in May with a cap hit of $8.25M for two more years after this year.

He still will be a smart center, good on faceoffs, and provide some form of offense but forget about him being the guy you once knew.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
My offer for Panarin.

vs

Panarin does not put us over the top. And I would say about 80% of our fan base (including our GM), does not want mortgage the future for a rental.

Just enjoy the year and lets see how we can add an impact player with our cap space this summer.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If Stone is willing to do a trade and sign (7 years at $8.75M), I'm willing to work a trade using parts like Suzuki, Fleury or Juulsen (they need RD), our 1st (top 3 protection for 2 years), Lindgren, Ikonen, and our 2nd's.

All comes down to if Stone is willing to sign or not. Why not inquire now? Deal might fall through but then you know if he is willing to sign with us or not ahead of time?

My max offer:
- Juulsen or Fleury (pick one)
- Suzuki
- 2019 1st (top 3 lottery protection for 2 seasons)
for
- Stone (7 years at $8.75M, age 27-33)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad