Speculation: Trade & Proposal Thread, Deadline Approaches - COMMON TRADES

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Plotnikov is a possession beast.

Flip him for Ben Smith. Put him in the top 6 after the deadline, and see if he can start finishing

Arcobello... Smith. Not much of a difference.

Really, I'd just do Arcobello for Plotnikov + a late round pick. Arcobello is better than many of the guys they have in their bottom 6 right now, and imagine what he can do with some decent line mates. I'd take on Lovejoy too if they'd take on Clune or something.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Arcobello is barely any better and he's walking at the end of the year.

I'd rather try out a younger player that is a restricted free agent, and was said to have some decent upside when the signing was done. If it doesn't work out, you don't qualify him and let him go on his way.

We're not giving up a top asset here... we're talking about a player that probably won't be traded due to low value for a project.

Well we are arguing about nothing, but Arcobello is a much better player.

Arcobello for Plotnikov + a late round pick. That's what we should be aiming for. If we need to do something else to get it done, then so be it.

brettzz

Jul 20, 2014
schultz is so bad for edm that hopefully this is addition by subtraction and they can win some damn games

price so high for dmen this year I hope we sell one more, hunwick.. cowen.. marincin?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
schultz is so bad for edm that hopefully this is addition by subtraction and they can win some damn games

price so high for dmen this year I hope we sell one more, hunwick.. cowen.. marincin?

Hunwick could probably fetch something decent with the way he's played but I really think the Leafs want to keep him until next year. He's a Babcock favourite.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

We are trying to move Cowen.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Schultz on a team that isn't complete garbage?

Is this the first time Schultz has been on a team that isn't complete crap?

Cheap experiment for the Penguins.

Leafs still might have to give them something to help secure their playoffs position.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
3rd for Schultz .. Even with 50% retained that's hilarious .. Oh Rutherford :laugh:

WTF?????

JS is a defensive blackhole

they must think they can "fix him" in 20 ish games.

I'm just juts like wow.

how did they manage to gank us so on the kessel trade?

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach

Leafs still might have to give them something to help secure their playoffs position.

Who knows....Letang could be just the mentor he needs. Both good and bad coaches have players that they couldn't get the best out of. Schultz is a bit different in that the Oilers tried him with tons of partners without success.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

ya but ULF

JS =s offensive D defensive blackhole

he was on a offense talented team and crapped out his role and was a defensive nightmare

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Okay, so Penguins and Panthers have made moves.

Does this put pressure on Yzerman with Stamkos headed to UFA status?

Drouin and Vasilevskiy for who?

TBAY= cap hell and no one they can "cap dump"

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 2m2 minutes ago
I believe holdup in Purcell deal is FLA's 3rd could still go to NJ. Devils get better pick of FLA or MIN in that round. Not locked in yet.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 1m1 minute ago
Leafs left from 2013 playoff team now that Reimer's gone: Kadri, Komarov, Gardiner, JVR, Bozak, Lupul.

Thanks God - next in line Bozak? or may be Kadri?

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
WTF?????

JS is a defensive blackhole

they must think they can "fix him" in 20 ish games.

I'm just juts like wow.

I don't know why are you.. it's a gamble .. but it's only a 3rd round pick, which will be somewhere around what.. 75th overall?

if he works out, guess what .. the penguins have something. if not, they don't qualify him.

Pretty good move by Pittsburg, now it's just a matter of seeing if a fresh start can do something for JS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad