Speculation: Trade & Proposal Thread, Deadline Approaches - COMMON TRADES

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Caps have just placed Brooks Laich on waivers.

I could see a deal around Cowen for him.

Laich buyout goes:
16-17: 1.83
17-18: 1.33

Vs.

Cowen buyout goes:
16-17: cap relief of 650K (for the Capitals. We wouldn't qualify to use this cap relief).
17-18: 750K

We'd throw in Grabner or Winnik to fill the PK role that Laich currently fills for the Caps.

We'd buyout Laich. Caps would buyout Cowen.

Ben Smith makes more sense to replace Laich.

:leafs
Brooks Laich
Assets

:caps
Jared Cowen
Ben Smith

I'm down.

Arcobello + Stalock for Bickell + Assets next? :laugh:

Laich may not be worth buying out though. He has some leadership qualities we could use.

LeafsTop6

Jan 9, 2009
Markham
Ben Smith makes more sense to replace Laich.

:leafs
Brooks Laich
Assets

:caps
Jared Cowen
Ben Smith

I'm down.

Arcobello + Stalock for Bickell + Assets next? :laugh:

Laich may not be worth buying out though. He has some leadership qualities we could use.

what are the assets? whats the benefit of helping a cap team to take on brooks laich (im guessing you think we'd get a pick?

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
what are the assets? whats the benefit of helping a cap team to take on brooks laich (im guessing you think we'd get a pick?

Or a prospect of some value.

I'm thinking if it's not a first, it's got to be a higher end prospect.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
This is true.
Lou says he wants to get a better look at the minor league goalies. You're not going to do that with them sitting on the bench, so either Bernier gets traded or he is going to be pretty frothy at the end of the bench taking notes.

common crumps, thinkkkk about it

#johnshannon= ack we have a TD show on Monday, we needs leafs in the mix

Reims was the better tender this year and had the better contract to move and the best we could manage was a 4th?

there is no tender market out there right now, none at all.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
common crumps, thinkkkk about it

#johnshannon= ack we have a TD show on Monday, we needs leafs in the mix

Reims was the better tender this year and had the better contract to move and the best we could manage was a 4th?

there is no tender market out there right now, none at all.

2 things that come into play. Berner's cap is higher, and Reimer's still a backup. Realistically there's a finite number of teams looking for backup help and we got him traded to one of them. Who's left? Arizona? for who? Chad Johnson? I bet he doesn't return anything either.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 45s46 seconds ago
Penguins acquire Justin Schultz.

ob McKenzie Retweeted
General Fanager ‏@generalfanager 3m3 minutes ago
So Schultz comes to Pittsburgh as a $1.95M cap hit, $450,806 the rest of the way.
http://generalfanager.com/pens

Last edited:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'd give them Arcobello and take Plotnikov + a pick. Plotnikov is absolute garbage.

Arcobello is pretty garbage too.

Plotnikov is a little younger and a pending RFA. Could be a decent audition period for him to finish the year.

Either way, I'd be interested in giving a pending UFA for him.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
2 things that come into play. Berner's cap is higher, and Reimer's still a backup. Realistically there's a finite number of teams looking for backup help and we got him traded to one of them. Who's left? Arizona? for who? Chad Johnson? I bet he doesn't return anything either.

plus I know what Shannon is

he is a sports tv producer at heart

he is just trying to create Toronto content for Monday.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Arcobello is pretty garbage too.

Plotnikov is a little younger and a pending RFA. Could be a decent audition period for him to finish the year.

Either way, I'd be interested in giving a pending UFA for him.

Arcobello is better than him. Maybe Plotnikov can slip in as a 4th liner next year, especially with Morin gone, but most likely just will not be qualified and he'll go back to Russia.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Plotnikov is a possession beast.

Flip him for Ben Smith. Put him in the top 6 after the deadline, and see if he can start finishing

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Arcobello is better than him. Maybe Plotnikov can slip in as a 4th liner next year, especially with Morin gone, but most likely just will not be qualified and he'll go back to Russia.

Arcobello is barely any better and he's walking at the end of the year.

I'd rather try out a younger player that is a restricted free agent, and was said to have some decent upside when the signing was done. If it doesn't work out, you don't qualify him and let him go on his way.

We're not giving up a top asset here... we're talking about a player that probably won't be traded due to low value for a project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad