HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #85 - Offseason Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Killorn be good UFA signing. The experience of cup wins combined with our youth 25 goals good also
Killorn is the type of free agent Hughes specifically said he wouldn't sign.
I'd do a hockey trade straight up with
NYR: Caufield for Laff
WPG: 1FLA + prospect + Dvorak for PLD

Win lottery: Bedard

23/24 roster top 6

Laff - Suzuki - Dach
Bedard - PLD - Slaf
GTFO

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada

23/24 roster top 6

Laff - Suzuki - Dach
Bedard - PLD - Slaf
Nope GIFs on GIPHY - Be Animated

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

23/24 roster top 6

Laff - Suzuki - Dach
Bedard - PLD - Slaf

Caufield: 123gp 53g 31a 84pts
Lafreniere: 216gp 47g 44a 91pts

Why in the world would we even consider a one for one trade between these two? Caufield is hilariously better, especially when you consider he's playing on a garbage team. It isn't like the Rangers haven't tried Lafreniere in their top six. Granted, not for very long but he also isn't that good.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I would trade for Lafreniere sure. But the cost would not be Caufield.

Beck + 2024 Habs 1st (top 10 protected)

for

Laf

Dvorak + Florida 1st

for

PLD

Dach - Suzuki - Caufield
Slaf - PLD - Bedard
Laf - Evans - Anderson
RHP - Tierney - Gally

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Are you guys serious? We just get rid of Drouin. Now you want to add another bust in Lafreniere????

The guy can barely produce 40pts in a stacked ranger team. With us, he will be a 25-30 pts guy.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Are you guys serious? We just get rid of Drouin. Now you want to add another bust in Lafreniere????

The guy can barely produce 40pts in a stacked ranger team. With us, he will be a 25-30 pts guy.
he hasnt lived up to expectations yet but no hes not a bust kid rarely sees PP and hes stuck behind Panarin and Kreider on the rangers

i would 100% trade for Laffy for the right offer

Reactions: LaP

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

People should understand by now that a kid who is not 100% ready playing on a stacked team will usually do less point because he'll play less. I mean it's like news at 11 people should know that by now. It doesn't mean Laf will keep developping but what we see here is not unusual at all. He's unlikely to reach his potential but he progressed every year so far. If he keeps progressing he could develop into a good top 6 winger. He's definitely not a total bust yet. He's trying to help he's throwing hits and trying to do the little things to be useful in the role asked from him. It's a good sign of having the right attitude.

Last edited:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
You can GTFO too.
His propasal are not bad at all.

Dvorak + 1st for PLD is actually good and Winnipeg very very very likely say no to that. They certrainly do not want Dvorak. It's negative value for them. Nobody wants this vanilla boring player.

Beck + protected first for Laf is not awful at all and i'm not sure at all NYR say yes to that. They don't really need beck. I like Beck but he's not a grade A prospect at all. He's kind of struggling to fit with his new stacked Pets team like Laf is stuggling to fit with a stacked rangers team. Beck had a good D+1 season but certainly not one that will set history. A protected 2024 1st has a good chance to be a 2025 first.

I feel like you are suffering from the we should not do Poehling for ROR syndrome. I like Beck but in the sea of prospects he doesn't stand out much. All teams got their Beck in the pipeline.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I'm good with Dubois, this team does not need Lafreniere IMO. I don't think he will live up playing in this market, same as Jo. If he is having trouble in NY, imagine here

Reactions: jrom

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Dvorak + 1st for PLD is actually good and Winnipeg very very very likely say no to that. They certrainly do not want Dvorak. It's negative value for them. Nobody wants this vanilla boring player.

Beck + protected first for Laf is not awful at all and i'm not sure at all NYR say yes to that. They don't really need beck. I like Beck but he's not a grade A prospect at all. He's kind of struggling to fit with his new stacked Pets team like Laf is stuggling to fit with a stacked rangers team. Beck had a good D+1 season but certainly not one that will set history. A protected 2024 1st has a good chance to be a 2025 first.

I feel like you are suffering from the we should not do Poehling for ROR syndrome. I like Beck but in the sea of prospects he doesn't stand out much. All teams got their Beck in the pipeline.
The 1st and Dvo is fairly standard for PLD.

Not interested in trading for Lafreniere at this time at all.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

Agreed that they're not that bad of proposals, personally a lot will depend on where we end up picking in the next few weeks. But having said that, I really don't think this team needs Laff going forward, Dubois yes 110%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad