HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #85 - Offseason Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Let’s leave Vlad Putin out of this thread please.
You would be Vlad if we did that, but we're not Putin this one away just because you asked !

wat-what.gif

Me trying to figure out why I'm banned and then I realize...

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
It’s strange how one person will put forth an idea and then multiple people run with it and parrot it repeatedly here.

The idea of acquiring Anthony Mantha is absolutely ridiculous. For the first time since he’s been GM, Hughes has some cap space to make some moves, to truly put his stamp on the team. You think he’s going to give away that opportunity to acquire a guy that was actually OUTPRODUCED IN FEWER GAMES by Jonathan Drouin, and makes more money????? Why would anyone want this player?

Unless the Caps are paying us their first round pick to take him - and they’re not - there’s no reason in this world to even contemplate Mantha.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Thankfully, as someone else posted above, the tank is still on because unlike Bergevin, Hughes is patient. If a good deal presents itself then we'll jump on it. Bringing in PLD isn't going to be free. We may want to pitch Florida's first and not much else but I wager Jets don't have any interest unless we include Dach which would be stupid.

This team isn't ready for a playoff push yet. We're getting there but unless we draft Bedard, we're likely looking at another down year before the playoffs can be a realistic goal.
I agree that next year (and I say, even with Bedard) will be a down year where we miss the playoffs.

But, I don't understand how this means that we will be tanking. We will want to see the team and the younger players progress.

We'll be closer to battling for the playoffs in 2024-2025, but might also miss them then.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
It’s strange how one person will put forth an idea and then multiple people run with it and parrot it repeatedly here.

The idea of acquiring Anthony Mantha is absolutely ridiculous. For the first time since he’s been GM, Hughes has some cap space to make some moves, to truly put his stamp on the team. You think he’s going to give away that opportunity to acquire a guy that was actually OUTPRODUCED IN FEWER GAMES by Jonathan Drouin, and makes more money????? Why would anyone want this player?

Unless the Caps are paying us their first round pick to take him - and they’re not - there’s no reason in this world to even contemplate Mantha.

If you're talking about the proposal on page 1, the reason is pretty obvious, no?

Get rid of Armia's 3.4M caphit in 2024-2025 when we're more ready to contend for the playoffs. If anything, there's no incentive for the Caps to take Armia back for Mantha.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Not sure what’s the value of Dylan Holloway

Probably not a mid first round pick but i wonder what it would take to get him.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Not sure what’s the value of Dylan Holloway

Probably not a mid first round pick but i wonder what it would take to get him.
Holloway is a top-end filler for a Cup contending team, but not a main core offensive piece. I'd take Dubois before Holloway, but would add Holloway as a depth addition, role player, a bit like Lehkonen was for COL, when we are ready to contend.

Holloway can play a heavy power forward role and has shutdown ability. Plus, he can be a playmaker. Kid can play Center or wing in various roles.

He could become a valuable role player, or a complementary piece with shutdown acumen for a dynamic offensive duo.

I like Holloway, but he's not a primary target for now -- especially not at the overinflated price ARI will surely want.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Holloway is a top-end filler for a Cup contending team, but not a main core offensive piece. I'd take Dubois before Holloway, but would add Holloway as a depth addition, role player, a bit like Lehkonen was for COL, when we are ready to contend.

Holloway can play a heavy power forward role and has shutdown ability. Plus, he can be a playmaker. Kid can play Center or wing in various roles.

He could become a valuable role player, or a complementary piece with shutdown acumen for a dynamic offensive duo.

I like Holloway, but he's not a primary target for now -- especially not at the overinflated price ARI will surely want.
Holloway is with the Oilers, not Arizona.

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
I think WAS could be a prime trade partner. Theyll want to bounce back after a bad year, they've got bad contracts to deal (Mantha) and they need to replenish their prospect pool (so they might prefer quantity to quality in terms of picks). They've been linked to Josh Anderson in the past and I feel like MTL will actually be looking to move on from him based on the rumours that his relationship with MSL isn't great.

So here's a proposal :
Anderson + 17th OA pick + 37th OA pick FOR Mantha + 8th OA pick + 2024 first.

Breakdown :
Anderson = a bit more than what we got for Toffoli (so 1st + 2nd + 3rd)
Mantha = negative value (close to a late 1st or maybe a 2nd= similar to Monahan, but a bit less)
So to move up from 17th to 8th = Mantha's negative value + 37th OA pick + the equivalent of a 2nd and a 3rd (Anderson's value)
2024 first = Anderson (the rest of Anderson's value).

Then what I would do, is use that 8th OA pick to either draft Reinbacher (doubt he'll be available) OR entice NSH to move Askarov for it (a guy like Smith might be available at that rank and NSH needs skills upfront more than they need a goalie).

Finaly comes the matter of PLD. Ive said it before, but I think that moving a first for him (either FLA or even CGY's would be a waste of assets when the guy will clearly sign with us anyway). The max Id do is :

Dvorak (still young 3C sign cheap + 20 goals potential) + Armia (for cap purpose and still plays great some nights) + Mesar (late first) + Kidney (solid prospect but redundant in our pool) + COL's 2nd (to make up for taking Armia even though I feel like he's more usefull than say Mantha).

Our lineup would be pretty solid especially if we win a top 2 pick (or Michkov), but even with Zach Benson, that's a future cup contending forward core :

Slafkovsky-Suzuki-Caufield
Roy-Dubois-Mantha or Gallagher (Benson)
Farrell-Dach-Heineman
RHP-Beck-Evans or Ylonen...

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Mantha only has 1 more year signed. He's UFA in summer 2024.

I would trade Armia in a second if Caps take him. We might even get a 2nd or 3rd rounder at the deadline if Mantha does well with MSL.

Lol. If Mantha did well here, he wouldn't be getting traded unless he wanted a stupid ass contract.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Mantha only has 1 more year signed. He's UFA in summer 2024.

I would trade Armia in a second if Caps take him. We might even get a 2nd or 3rd rounder at the deadline if Mantha does well with MSL.
Moot point because Washington would never do that.

I think WAS could be a prime trade partner. Theyll want to bounce back after a bad year, they've got bad contracts to deal (Mantha) and they need to replenish their prospect pool (so they might prefer quantity to quality in terms of picks). They've been linked to Josh Anderson in the past and I feel like MTL will actually be looking to move on from him based on the rumours that his relationship with MSL isn't great.

So here's a proposal :
Anderson + 17th OA pick + 37th OA pick FOR Mantha + 8th OA pick + 2024 first.

Breakdown :
Anderson = a bit more than what we got for Toffoli (so 1st + 2nd + 3rd)
Mantha = negative value (close to a late 1st or maybe a 2nd= similar to Monahan, but a bit less)
So to move up from 17th to 8th = Mantha's negative value + 37th OA pick + the equivalent of a 2nd and a 3rd (Anderson's value)
2024 first = Anderson (the rest of Anderson's value).

I also highly doubt they will move the 8th overall plus a 2024 1st to get Anderson and dump Mantha.

Reactions: jellybeans

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Wonder if the Leafs will want to move Murray and what they are ready to pay to get him out.

They only have three picks for the next draft (Bos 1st and their 5th/6th round picks).

I wouldn’t mind if Hughes helped them out of that contract for Boston’s first round pick.

I'd definitely accept a 1st to take Murray.

Reactions: MadMslm

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
Moot point because Washington would never do that.

I also highly doubt they will move the 8th overall plus a 2024 1st to get Anderson and dump Mantha.
They move down from 8 to 17, not the 8th straight up AND also get a high second. Not as bad as you make it sound

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
Kings have Brandt Clarke.

Anaheim has Jamie Drysdale. He only played 8 games this year due to a shoulder injury. I think he needs to take a step back into the AHL, as he's struggled a lot on crappy Anaheim teams, and barely played this year.

Would still take him.
If Anaheim wants to move on I'd gladly trade away Mailloux or Barron + for him. Guy would change the dynamic of our right side next year.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Kings have Brandt Clarke.

Anaheim has Jamie Drysdale. He only played 8 games this year due to a shoulder injury. I think he needs to take a step back into the AHL, as he's struggled a lot on crappy Anaheim teams, and barely played this year.

Would still take him.
Getting a lot of youth on your D? Barron and Kovavevic. Mailloux be there in a year or two. You want a mix. Rookies develop better from quality veterans.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Calgary GM Brad Treliving just got fired/quit. Wonder what they are planning now

I think he was in the final year of his contract. So they will simply not extend him. I think he and Dubas were two GMs heading into this season with no contract for next year.

Now they could have fired him or he could have quit and they worded it as mutually agreed to part ways. But he wasn't under contract next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia