HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #85 - Offseason Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
It was the owner who brought in Sutter & re-signed him to an extension. Sutter could very well become coach & GM
I don't think in 2023 we will see a GM+Coach combo. There are even more people in those jobs in some orgs (Prez Hockey Ops + GM + Coach). No way one person can do both jobs.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
If Toronto doesn't want to buy out Murray, I think we serious considering eating his contract for them. Something along the lines of Murray + 1st (Boston) for 2nd (Colorado).

It's not a great contract at 4.6M but for one season where we're not really expected to do anything, we get another first.

Reactions: MadMslm

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
If Toronto doesn't want to buy out Murray, I think we serious considering eating his contract for them. Something along the lines of Murray + 1st (Boston) for 2nd (Colorado).

It's not a great contract at 4.6M but for one season where we're not really expected to do anything, we get another first.

Suggested the same earlier in the thread, though I won’t be surprised if some others teams are interested in “helping” the Leafs with that contract. Chicago looks like a prime target for this type of move.

Pick would be between 29th to 32nd depending on the Bruins performance. Which is always interesting as they could get an interesting talent. Hopefully Hughes is on the case.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

Can't do that with that awful Allen extension, unless we don't want backup momtombeau coming back

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Killorn be good UFA signing. The experience of cup wins combined with our youth 25 goals good also
He is a big body with tons of experience and is 34. On the other hand he just had his biggest season of his career and would be entitled to want to cash in. We can front load the contract and take advantage of the fact he isn’t 35+ at the time of signing but I feel like (1) he wouldn’t be worth what he will command on the market and (2) he is probably not too interested in his outlook in Montreal.

A four year deal with a 5m+ cap hit is what he’s looking at, I figure.

Reactions: Runner77

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

A season we're not expected to do anything...

We lost like what, 500 man games this year and still couldn't finish bottom-5. Fighting for a playoff spot isn't out of the question next year.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada

I'd be shocked if the Leafs are willing to trade any picks anymore, but who the hell knows. They don't have a lot of draft stock over the next three years. If they were willing to do it, I might ask for their own 2024 pick attached with conditions (because they would want varying levels of protection). Something like....if the pick is top 10 they receive our 2024 2nd pick from Colorado. If it is 11-20 they get our 3rd round pick. If it is 21-25 they get our 4th round pick and if it is 26-32 they can have our 5th rounder.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

The Leafs gave the Canes a 1st to take on Marleau's last year. So it's been done before. Then they did the pick swap you suggested to move Mzarek.

Whether they'll do something like that this summer depends on how much cap space they need to sign the players they want to sign.

Looking at cap friendly they have a lot of ufa forwards and Samsonov needs a new deal. They'll probably need to use a pick to move Murray.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I just realized Dvoraks M-NTC kicks in this year... Good lord freaking Bergevin man.

And screw Hughes also for not trading him this year. There was no point in holding him, now were f***ing hostages of a bad player on a bad contract. He has a 8 teams no trade list. You have to be pretty sure that Winnipeg is one of those, so the Dubois trade is out the window.

Reactions: amethyst and ReHabs

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I just realized Dvoraks M-NTC kicks in this year... Good lord freaking Bergevin man.

And screw Hughes also for not trading him this year. There was no point in holding him, now were f***ing hostages of a bad player on a bad contract. He has a 8 teams no trade list. You have to be pretty sure that Winnipeg is one of those, so the Dubois trade is out the window.
Dvorak can be traded somewhere else. Florida's 1st + B prospect + later pick should get it done too.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

I believe he can still be traded before the start of next season, it says it kicks in for the next 2 and final seasons of his deal. I'm sure Kent already has a list of teams he would be willing to move too

Reactions: jrom and Mrb1p

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015

Not sure if all contracts are the same, but I think if players are traded before July 1st (when the NTC kicks in) then we should be fine. Cause that's what MB did with Subban.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

8 teams. So if Hughes thinks that there are a few of the other 23 teams that would have interest in Dvorak there is no rush to move him.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
The Leafs gave the Canes a 1st to take on Marleau's last year. So it's been done before. Then they did the pick swap you suggested to move Mzarek.

Whether they'll do something like that this summer depends on how much cap space they need to sign the players they want to sign.

Looking at cap friendly they have a lot of ufa forwards and Samsonov needs a new deal. They'll probably need to use a pick to move Murray.
Caroline has to be one of the luckiest team in the league or they have the best GM. Got a first for Marleau. That first turn up being Jarvis.

Got Max P for free. Got Brent Burns a 60pts D for almsot nothing. Stole KK for a late first round....

Reactions: DailyKaizen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad