HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #84: Off-Season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
Absolutely not.

Wilson just missed a massive amount of time this year and that type of player is only going to rapidly lose value as the wear and tear continues.

The Habs should not be adding people close or over 30 with dollars and term.
What term? His 5.1m 6 year contract was signed in 2018. You think he will be Gallaghered by the end of it ? His value won't be dead by then.

Wilson is the kind of player every teams wants and need. For the right price of course you need to think about it.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
lets say Habs pick #6 or 7 would you guys trade that pick for Clayton Keller ? 24 years old ppg elite winger that would fit our core dont think Smith or Benson become better then him

Florida's pick for PLD

Dubois - Suzuki - Keller
Slafkovsky - Dach - Caufield

thats a solid top 6

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
What term? His 5.1m 6 year contract was signed in 2018. You think he will be Gallaghered by the end of it ? His value won't be dead by then.

Wilson is the kind of player every teams wants and need. For the right price of course you need to think about it.

I don't get what Montreal gets out of this though. Wilson is a pending UFA. Assuming Montreal isn't on his NTC list (and it probably is), then Montreal's just trading for a rental? Why?

I can't see Washington doing that anyways. Injuries or not, WIlson would have A LOT of trade value from a contender. Even if Anderson would make a lot of sense for Washington, Wilson is a guy that would get a stupid overpayment offer.

I could see a 3 team trade where Washington trades Wilson to a contender (like, say, New Jersey) and then uses those assets to acquire Anderson. But they're not going to care about Gurianov, assuming Montreal even qualifies him.

lets say Habs pick #6 or 7 would you guys trade that pick for Clayton Keller ? 24 years old ppg elite winger that would fit our core dont think Smith or Benson become better then him

Florida's pick for PLD

Dubois - Suzuki - Keller

thats a solid top 6

That is an almost insulting under-offer for Keller. He's a 24 year old PPG elite winger on a very good long-term contract.

Reactions: ReHabs

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Florida's pick for PLD

Dubois - Suzuki - Keller

thats a solid top 6
Knowing Arizona, they are asking for three 1st round picks and two A prospects for Keller...

• Haha
Reactions: Scriptor

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Knowing Arizona, they are asking for three 1st round picks and two A prospects for Keller...
And they’d be right to do so, Keller is Stellar. He’d instantly be the best forward the Habs have had in over two decades.

I don’t see why there’s a meltdown over the notion of picking up Wilson for one year. He’s 100% likely to be desired by the deadline and he’s actually got an aspect to his game that the Habs lack — he could also teach Anderson and Slafkovksy a thing or two about the power game.

Reactions: Scriptor

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Florida's pick for PLD

Dubois - Suzuki - Keller

thats a solid top 6

nope. Keller is a very talented young player, but with Caufield a lock in the top 6, if we're going to give up one of the top 7 picks in this draft and add a 7M$ cap hit in the process, those assets would be better used targetting a top-pairing RD or #1G fixture than adding another smallish offensive dynamo winger... especially with org. winger depth of RHP, Farrell, Roy, Kidney, Mesar, Ylonen, Kidney, Rohrer, Davidson et. sitting in our prospect pool and all on the smallish side.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Florida's pick for PLD

Dubois - Suzuki - Keller

thats a solid top 6

I'd probably do it for Clayton Keller. But I don't think Arizona would.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
I LOVE Clayton but I also agree that he doesn't fit our top6 right now. At some point we need some grinding with talent and size or we'll be worse than Toronto in playoffs.

therocket9

Sep 15, 2021
I would not touch that contract, but I don't think Calgary would do that move either... They just traded for him, they will try to make him bounce back. Suter is as good as gone. I can't see them trading Huberdeau for so low just one year after acquiring him
Sutter just signed a contract extension for 4 million per he is not going anywhere.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
nope. Keller is a very talented young player, but with Caufield a lock in the top 6, if we're going to give up one of the top 7 picks in this draft and add a 7M$ cap hit in the process, those assets would be better used targetting a top-pairing RD or #1G fixture than adding another smallish offensive dynamo winger... especially with org. winger depth of RHP, Farrell, Roy, Kidney, Mesar, Ylonen, Kidney, Rohrer, Davidson et. sitting in our prospect pool and all on the smallish side.
You go to bat for Slafkovsky but think the Habs should pass on Keller because he’s got a 7M cap hit??

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Could really see Washinton showing interest for Gurianov. They love russians and he'd be a good scoring threat addition if they can trade away Mantha.

Now if Wilson if really available, i'd make a good pitch for him. Having the alpha male and Sheriff togheter on this team would add 3 inch to everyone and help X manage his fists. Wilson is a physical freak and good hockey player, defensively responsible, solid playmaker...worth every dime of his contract imo

I would entertain something around Anderson Gurianov for Wilson Mantha

Would you?
I am a big Tom Wilson fan - - he played his junior hockey here in Plymouth. However, acquiring him makes no sense for the Habs. Washington will not sell him cheap, and the last thing the Habs should be doing is trading valuable assets for players around 30 who will soon be UFAs.

If Wilson gets traded, it will be to a contender, not a team rebuilding

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I suggest you review your comment because you favourably compared a bunch of longshots and spare parts to Clayton Keller.

i don't think you understood what was written. I'm sorry, but I can't help you with reading comprehension.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I just hope we can clear out some vets. Hoping that Hoffman is either bought out or traded at 50% retention in the summer, and that Dvorak and Anderson both move.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Nope not touching that Huberdeau's contract with a 2000 feet pole.
Exactly why would we help the flames when we own a longer term First from them . May he be the contract that sends them to the bottom of the standings

bonneaug

Aug 2, 2017
If PLD comes as a free agent a year from now, how about Toews on a one year gap contact? Assuming we don’t draft Fantilli or something lol

It’s in the vein of the Monahan and Perry experiences, both being pretty successfu (barring the injuries, Monahan was looking to be a great move). Many vets will be gone over the summer, so you need to bring some back into the mix

Reactions: Kimota

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
HFhabs : Maybe we should acquire Huberdeau or Wilson😍

Also HFhabs : If we acquire Dubois, make sure you don't give more than a 3rd rd pick and you don't pay him over 6.5M aav 🤬
Maybe those are not the same people ;)

I personally don t want anything to do with Huberdeau or Wilson, I like Dubois but I am not sure what he has achieved to justify being paid more than Suzuki right now. Fair value seems somewhere between7-8m

Reactions: nhlfan9191

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I had the craziest dream last night. Pure fantasy land.

We won the lottery and drafted Bedard.

We traded Dvo, Florida 1st and Norlinder for PLD

We signed Toews to a 2 year 2 mil contract

We traded Armia and Allen to the Coyotes for Connor Ingram (Collective WTF)

Our opening night roster looked like this....

Dach - Suzuki - Caufield
Slaf - PLD - Bedard
RHP - Toews - Anderson
Pitlick - Evans - Gally

Matheson - Savard
Guhle - Barron
Xhekaj - Harris
Kovacevic

Monty
Ingram

The silly season is indeed upon us.

Reactions: smirob

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If PLD comes as a free agent a year from now, how about Toews on a one year gap contact? Assuming we don’t draft Fantilli or something lol

It’s in the vein of the Monahan and Perry experiences, both being pretty successfu (barring the injuries, Monahan was looking to be a great move). Many vets will be gone over the summer, so you need to bring some back into the mix

No thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad