HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #82

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I don't think the Kings have one single piece I would take back for Xhekaj, not even Clarke or Byfield straight up. The intangibles that Xhekaj along with not really knowing his upside makes him almost untouchable.
He is a rarity, a very tough kid who can actually play.
We cannot trade AX, nope, no sir. He is what a lot of fans want on their team, he is still a kid and is fearless on the ice, what a great asset to have on a young rebuilding team. We all want him to be here long-term.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Great! Once all the good layers are gone, teams will have to overpay for Habs scraps! Lol
Please baby. Just need a Dman. Don’t care if he’s broken.

1675625229662.gif

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Amazing that several vets with contracts expiring will fetch little to nothing at the deadline

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Two way centers are stupidly valuable. If only Dvorak had an ounce of the offensive talent he had in juniors.
This and his leadership, and the cap going up. It’s a bit rich but he would’ve gotten that much as a FA anyway.

The Isles paid very little and now have a top6 C for their conceivable competitive window. Good management.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Two way centers are stupidly valuable. If only Dvorak had an ounce of the offensive talent he had in juniors.
That’s just the thing — is he really a 2-way center? Someone who has put up only 7 goals and 13 assists, doesn’t have all that much going on the offensive end.

However, he does have a solid 3rd line profile as a center, only 27, with a 51.9% ratio at the dot and who will block shots. Also has good size at 6’1, 200 lbs.

Could he fetch say a couple of 2nd rounders, if traded?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Bergevin had Price, Subban, Patch, Pleky, Markov, Gallagher, Eller, and the 3rd OA pick. It carried us for years but he was not able to fill the holes. Didn't want to trade Poehling+ for ROR in his prime?

And now fans want to pass on Dubois cause he "ruins" our rebuild? Yeah sure, lets dilly dally and waste prime years of Suzuki and Caufield, like we did with Price. Great plan and all our holes will be addressed through the draft in the next two drafts? :facepalm:. Our rebuild started before Gorton/Hughes were hired. Suzuki, Caufield, Guhle, Xhekaj, and a deep pool is something Gorton/Hughes inherited. The rebuild didn't start last year people.
Can we pls stop with this disingenuous statement, Friedman & LeBrun stated multiple times Pegaula’s orders to his GM were to have ROR traded to Western Conf, same as with Eichel.

Last edited:

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
MB rode the shit out of Carey Price lets be honest here. MB was also gifted a very talented Habs team also.
No doubt MB has some key elements to team building but I count 5-NHLers w 2-other unproven assets.

Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Markov, Plekanec, Gallagher and 3OA as the only elements of a 23-man roster with nothing in the minors

I wouldn’t call that a “very talented TEAM”… some good elements but not a TEAM

• Haha
Reactions: the and Miller Time

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Can we pls stop with this disingenuous statement, Friedman & LeBrun stated multiple times Pegaula’s orders to his GM were to have ROR traded to Western Conf, sakes as with Eichel.
I’m sure they would’ve been swayed by the third overall+ Poehling at the time. I don’t know if that was a real offer or if it was always fanfiction, you guys could probably let me know if it was. But using revisionist history, that was a lot to pay for O’Reilly given what was going on with him at the time and how high both management and the fans valued both Poehling and that pick. Easy to say we’d do it with hindsight.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
No doubt MB has some key elements to team building but I count 5-NHLers w 2-other unproven assets.

Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Markov, Plekanec, Gallagher and 3OA as the only elements of a 23-man roster with nothing in the minors

Gallagher was in the minors.

Beaulieu was there along with Tinordi.

Don't forget Cole was there coming off a 30 goal season

The team Bergevin inheritated was a much better team than what he left, or produced at any time.

The main pieces he got where the main pieces throughout his stay. He only added someone with that quality as a rental in Vanek, or traded one to acquire one. He couldn't add another piece aside from Radulov which was a 1 year deal.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I’m sure they would’ve been swayed by the third overall+ Poehling at the time. I don’t know if that was a real offer or if it was always fanfiction, you guys could probably let me know if it was. But using revisionist history, that was a lot to pay for O’Reilly given what was going on with him at the time and how high both management and the fans valued both Poehling and that pick. Easy to say we’d do it with hindsight.
I believe it was Bobby Mac after the ROR trade was announced who said, his sources told him Pegula told his GM & AGM he didn’t care if the Sabres received a bag of dirt just trade him to other conf

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Great way to start though having the best goalie in the league and a top 5 player I’m the league, a top 5-10 Dmen in the league and a top 5-10 goal scorer. Plus a 3rd pick overall

Reactions: salbutera

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Great way to start though having the best goalie in the league and a top 5 player I’m the league, a top 5-10 Dmen in the league and a top 5-10 goal scorer.
Oh yeah definitely had key elements, but as we’ve learned w Edm, despite having McDavid, Drasaitl, RNH, winning teams need to be stacked with depth @ NHL & prospect system

At the end of the day, awful drafting in 2012 & 2013 killed any chance of using 2014 playoffs as positive momentum launcher

Reactions: Vachon23

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
That’s just the thing — is he really a 2-way center? Someone who has put up only 7 goals and 13 assists, doesn’t have all that much going on the offensive end.

However, he does have a solid 3rd line profile as a center, only 27, with a 51.9% ratio at the dot and who will block shots. Also has good size at 6’1, 200 lbs.

Could he fetch say a couple of 2nd rounders, if traded?
He was putting up video game numbers in junior even if he had elite line mates. He’s as vanilla as you can get for a player. Not bad at anything and not good at anything except for face offs.

Reactions: Runner77

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Gallagher was in the minors.

Beaulieu was there along with Tinordi.

Don't forget Cole was there coming off a 30 goal season

The team Bergevin inheritated was a much better team than what he left, or produced at any time.

The main pieces he got where the main pieces throughout his stay. He only added someone with that quality as a rental in Vanek, or traded one to acquire one. He couldn't add another piece aside from Radulov which was a 1 year deal.
Definition of shit - there was zilch in the prospect pool other than Gallagher, and MBs hockey ops team need credit for recognizing & thrusting Gallagher w only 1/2 season in AHL

Petry deal was an excellent deal, let alone getting him to forgo UFA not once but twice

Danault deal was excellent as was Weise for Diaz

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Hart/HOF goalie in his prime

Soon to be Norris dman entering his prime

Top 5 LW entering his prime

Then a solid supporting cast, highly rated prospect pool, cap spending owner and cap room.

There isn't a GM in the league that wouldn't salivate at the opportunity to walk into a scenario like that.

He literally had 2 spots to fill to have a cup favorite, and failed miserably at that.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019

A franchise goalie/a number 1 Dman/a number 2 Dman/a first line winger/a second line center/a second line winger and a 3OA.

All he had to do is find a number 1 center in 10 years and he couldnt even do that. Also fill in the gaps. He was basically GIFTED a team that was on the verge of competing for a cup every single year and he screwed it up.

Also can you tell me any other GM that came close to being hired and getting anything close to what MB got? Cause I can't find one.

Reactions: the
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad