HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #82

Status
Not open for further replies.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Hart/HOF goalie in his prime

Soon to be Norris dman entering his prime

Top 5 LW entering his prime

Then a solid supporting cast, highly rated prospect pool, cap spending owner and cap room.

There isn't a GM in the league that wouldn't salivate at the opportunity to walk into a scenario like that.

He literally had 2 spots to fill to have a cup favorite, and failed miserably at that.
Prospect pool sucked donkey dong back in 2012

Reactions: Vachon23

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Definition of shit - there was zilch in the prospect pool other than Gallagher, and MBs hockey ops team need credit for recognizing & thrusting Gallagher w only 1/2 season in AHL

Petry deal was an excellent deal, let alone getting him to forgo UFA not once but twice

Danault deal was excellent as was Weise for Diaz
They were not at the time.

Beaulieu, Tinordi, Kristo, Dietz, Ellis, Pateryn were considered here to be a good core with d, while we needed some help with forwards.

To say otherwise you're lying, or didn't read hf at the time and you're just going off of what you know now..

Reactions: Habs13

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
They were not at the time.

Beaulieu, Tinordi, Kristo, Dietz, Ellis, Pateryn were considered here to be a good core with d, while we needed some help with forwards.

To say otherwise you're lying, or didn't read hf at the time and you're just going off of what you know now..
That wasn’t a good prospect pool even at the time…

Where just always overrating our prospect pool

ML16

Aug 28, 2020
Montreal
Would like to see Hugo trade for a RHD prospect . We are lacking at this position and have no option other then to play our Def on the wrong side. Which I think its not the ideal at NHL level. We have some good trade baits in Anderson , Harris and we so many picks. We could add one to facilitate the deal. Heres my list of some interesting RHD in order of appreciation we could target.

1. Brandt Clarke
2. Sam Rinzel
3. Corson Ceulemans
4. Scott Morrow
5. Helge Grans
6. Victor Soderstrom
7. Lassi Thomson

Intriguing list! Rinzel, Ceulemans, Soderstrom and Thomson are probably not on the market since their respective teams (Chicago, Columbus, Arizona and Ottawa) are also mostly in rebuild mode.

But I can definitively see the other three candidates as plausible targets.

Notwithstanding the Habs’ peculiar relationship with the Hurricanes, they are good trading partners on paper this TDL and Morrow would be a great fit in Montreal’s depth chart.

The fact that LA owns both Clarke and Grans’ rights - and furthermore that the Kings current LHD side needs bolstering for the upcoming layoffs - makes them a great trading partner.

Reactions: Pat Riot

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Yes but Horvat is UFA what is not the case with Meier and VAN receive a probably top 15 pick in a stack draft.

Harris is fine but he‘s #4-5-6 small Dmen, nothing special either
What's the difference if MON gives Florida's 1st round pick -- that's another top-15 pick in a stacked draft, most probably!

My position is that I don't risk waiting to sign Dubois as an UFA with he roster we currently have, but, if we land Meier in the meantime, I believe we can sway Dubois into getting on board with Hughes' plan and signing to fit into the cap structure.

Horvat just signed 8 X 8.5M with NJ. Dubois and Horvat are having career years as PPG Cs at the same time, Horvat already has 31 goals. PLD is definitely on pace for 30+ goals, easily.

Does that signature not for Horvat not impact one for Dubois and, while we're at it, could we say Meier might be worth slightly less at 8 X 8M, perhaps?

I say, trade for Meier and use a better lineup to attract Dubois as an UFA, don't spend mega assets on both or, if you lose out on Meier, use the same assets to land Dubois in the offseason instead.

However, Dubois (UFA) + Meier (around 8M each, signed long term), for NJ 1st round pick, Farrell, Harris and Kidney (what I'd offer) seems like a fair deal that doesn't ruin our chances of picking one last time in the bottom 10 in 2024, nor does it prevent us from finishing in the bottom-10 this year.

Anderson thus becomes trade fodder for a young RHD. With the top-6 C and young, top-4 RHD addressed, Montreal will be able to keep drafting and developing to fill other roster positions.

Caufield is out for the year, Slafkovsky is out for the year, Guhle is out for the year.

Meier would only help Suzuki's development in the meanwhile by giving him a genuine scoring target, without making Montreal a sudden powerhouse to end this season, nor a powerhouse for next season.

IMO, Montreal really only takes the next step when it adds Dubois for 2024-2025, with Suzuki, Guhle, Xhekaj, Caufield, from the young core, having added an extra year of experience as full time NHLers and Meier having had one year to develop chemistry with his new team.

Dubois will add a new dimension and solidify the top-6.

In two years, having added a veteran like Meier and Dubois and strengthening the right side by adding an NHL-ready youngster in the top-4 will enable experimenting with rookies appropriately, supplying these rookies with proper support in their first seasons.

beck will likely be slotted in as 3rd C on a kid line, that could be rounded out with Joshua Roy and one of Heineman or Mesar.

The fourth line will be an economical but worthwhile energy line composed of RHP (most likely) - Evans - Ylonen/Heineman, depending on whether Mesar makes the third line as a RW?

Whomever Montreal picks with their own 2023 pick should also be nearer and nearer to knocking at the door to play in the NHL, but there would be no rush.

Hutson and Mailloux could be integrating the Habs' lineup as well.

With everyone slotted in for 2024-2025, 2025-2026 sounds like it could be an impressive year for the young Habs team!

Next year, while we wait for Dubois, I'd keep Dach as 2nd line C and split the forces that could just be reunited on the PP, anyhow.

Dach - Meier
Caufield - Suzuki
Dvorak - Heineman
RHP - Evans

Those are the four duos I see.

What's left next year, most likely, once Byron, Dadonov, Drouin and Monahan have moved on?

Salfkovsky, Hoffman (one last season, where he should try to play lights out for a new contract, somewhere). Armia, Gallagher.

I'd play Slafkovsky with Dach and Meier for next season.

I'd add Heineman (better hockey sense and more reliable defensively than Anderson was) to the Caufield and Suzuki duo.

I'd saddle Dvorak (who will soon be traded anyhow) with Armia and Gallagher as a primarily defensive line with some offensive upside, even if it's more complementary than secondary scoring.

I'd add Ylonen to the 4th line with RHP and Evans.

Slafkovsky - Dach - Meier
Caufield - Suzuki - Heineman
Armia - Dvorak - Gallagher
RHP - Evans - Ylonen
Hoffman

Guhle - Grans (just as an example)
Matheson - Savard
Xhekaj - Barron
Kovacevic

When PLD comes on board the following year, the lineup/roster will be in full realignment with the addition of youngsters now ready for the NHL:

Salfkovsky - PLD - Meier
Caufield - Suzuki - Dach
Roy - Beck - Heineman
RHP - Evans - Armia
Mesar (playing in Laval, IMO, along with the 1st round pick from Montreal in 2023 that could really improve the 3rd line and make it a second secondary scoring line, placing Heineman on the 4th line's RW).

Hutson - Grans
Guhle - Matheson/Mailloux
Xhekaj - Barron/Maillloux

Hoffman will be gone, however that ended. Armia will be in the last year of his contract and, if he couldn't be traded, might have been bought out at a measly 1.13M cap hit for that year and the next. Savard will have been traded. Matheson will stick around an extra year as a safety net, but should be on the trading bock by the trade deadline.

Gallagher is the only real problem and, at that point, it might be appropriate to pay in futures to move his contract, if he hasn't changed his address permanently to Robidas Island by then?

I really like this lineup. I see genuine game breakers, genuine scorers, genuine playmakers, skill, size, offense, defense!

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Pens need a 3rd line C but are 18k from the cap.
Sounds like Dvorak for a 2nd (Pens don’t want to give a 1st) plus or prospect and a salary dump.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Prospect pool sucked donkey dong back in 2012

We had already graduated our top prospects in to the NHL in the seasons prior to the shortened 2012 starting:

2010: Subban, Eller, Desharnais, Y. Weber and Pacioretty (breakout season)
2011: Diaz and Emelin
2012: Gallagher, Galchenyuk

Comparatevely, in recent years we've had:

2019: Suzuki, Evans and Fleury (although he did spend 2020 and 2021 in the AHL with Seattle)
2020: Romanov
2021: Caufield, Poehling, Pezzetta

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
I wish I knew what was going on
:eek:
maybe not
Sorry wrong thread

What's the difference if MON gives Florida's 1st round pick -- that's another top-15 pick in a stacked draft, most probably!

My position is that I don't risk waiting to sign Dubois as an UFA with he roster we currently have, but, if we land Meier in the meantime, I believe we can sway Dubois into getting on board with Hughes' plan and signing to fit into the cap structure.

Horvat just signed 8 X 8.5M with NJ. Dubois and Horvat are having career years as PPG Cs at the same time, Horvat already has 31 goals. PLD is definitely on pace for 30+ goals, easily.

Does that signature not for Horvat not impact one for Dubois and, while we're at it, could we say Meier might be worth slightly less at 8 X 8M, perhaps?

I say, trade for Meier and use a better lineup to attract Dubois as an UFA, don't spend mega assets on both or, if you lose out on Meier, use the same assets to land Dubois in the offseason instead.

However, Dubois (UFA) + Meier (around 8M each, signed long term), for NJ 1st round pick, Farrell, Harris and Kidney (what I'd offer) seems like a fair deal that doesn't ruin our chances of picking one last time in the bottom 10 in 2024, nor does it prevent us from finishing in the bottom-10 this year.

Anderson thus becomes trade fodder for a young RHD. With the top-6 C and young, top-4 RHD addressed, Montreal will be able to keep drafting and developing to fill other roster positions.

Caufield is out for the year, Slafkovsky is out for the year, Guhle is out for the year.

Meier would only help Suzuki's development in the meanwhile by giving him a genuine scoring target, without making Montreal a sudden powerhouse to end this season, nor a powerhouse for next season.

IMO, Montreal really only takes the next step when it adds Dubois for 2024-2025, with Suzuki, Guhle, Xhekaj, Caufield, from the young core, having added an extra year of experience as full time NHLers and Meier having had one year to develop chemistry with his new team.

Dubois will add a new dimension and solidify the top-6.

In two years, having added a veteran like Meier and Dubois and strengthening the right side by adding an NHL-ready youngster in the top-4 will enable experimenting with rookies appropriately, supplying these rookies with proper support in their first seasons.

beck will likely be slotted in as 3rd C on a kid line, that could be rounded out with Joshua Roy and one of Heineman or Mesar.

The fourth line will be an economical but worthwhile energy line composed of RHP (most likely) - Evans - Ylonen/Heineman, depending on whether Mesar makes the third line as a RW?

Whomever Montreal picks with their own 2023 pick should also be nearer and nearer to knocking at the door to play in the NHL, but there would be no rush.

Hutson and Mailloux could be integrating the Habs' lineup as well.

With everyone slotted in for 2024-2025, 2025-2026 sounds like it could be an impressive year for the young Habs team!

Next year, while we wait for Dubois, I'd keep Dach as 2nd line C and split the forces that could just be reunited on the PP, anyhow.

Dach - Meier
Caufield - Suzuki
Dvorak - Heineman
RHP - Evans

Those are the four duos I see.

What's left next year, most likely, once Byron, Dadonov, Drouin and Monahan have moved on?

Salfkovsky, Hoffman (one last season, where he should try to play lights out for a new contract, somewhere). Armia, Gallagher.

I'd play Slafkovsky with Dach and Meier for next season.

I'd add Heineman (better hockey sense and more reliable defensively than Anderson was) to the Caufield and Suzuki duo.

I'd saddle Dvorak (who will soon be traded anyhow) with Armia and Gallagher as a primarily defensive line with some offensive upside, even if it's more complementary than secondary scoring.

I'd add Ylonen to the 4th line with RHP and Evans.

Slafkovsky - Dach - Meier
Caufield - Suzuki - Heineman
Armia - Dvorak - Gallagher
RHP - Evans - Ylonen
Hoffman

Guhle - Grans (just as an example)
Matheson - Savard
Xhekaj - Barron
Kovacevic

When PLD comes on board the following year, the lineup/roster will be in full realignment with the addition of youngsters now ready for the NHL:

Salfkovsky - PLD - Meier
Caufield - Suzuki - Dach
Roy - Beck - Heineman
RHP - Evans - Armia
Mesar (playing in Laval, IMO, along with the 1st round pick from Montreal in 2023 that could really improve the 3rd line and make it a second secondary scoring line, placing Heineman on the 4th line's RW).

Hutson - Grans
Guhle - Matheson/Mailloux
Xhekaj - Barron/Maillloux

Hoffman will be gone, however that ended. Armia will be in the last year of his contract and, if he couldn't be traded, might have been bought out at a measly 1.13M cap hit for that year and the next. Savard will have been traded. Matheson will stick around an extra year as a safety net, but should be on the trading bock by the trade deadline.

Gallagher is the only real problem and, at that point, it might be appropriate to pay in futures to move his contract, if he hasn't changed his address permanently to Robidas Island by then?

I really like this lineup. I see genuine game breakers, genuine scorers, genuine playmakers, skill, size, offense, defense!
You have an executive summary of this post?

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Horvat trade works for the Islanders because of the situation of Barzal basically being a playmaking Winger thats been forced to be Center. Having Horvat free's him from some responsibilities and gives him someone who can score off his unreal passes.

Barzal might finally be "Unlocked and Unleashed"

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Im not a fan of fans saying Bergevin was gifted a great team.

Bergevin is god awful and had no plan in place but to say the team he inherited was great is a stretch.
No offence but we were all in here pulling our hair out about how bad the roster was because of a lack of top 6 C's and top 6 players in general. ( I was at the time a lurker without an account for about 8 years but oh boy do i remember the moaning in here about those teams , rightfully so)

Yes their were pieces in place but nothing incredible like some posters are alluding to. Im saying this as the biggest bergevin hater on earth too dude is a scumbag. Left the team way worst off than he got it but our team was not that strong. Strong base with goaltending and defence sure but lotsa work to do still (which he clearly failed miserably with)

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Im not a fan of fans saying Bergevin was gifted a great team.

Bergevin is god awful and had no plan in place but to say the team he inherited was great is a stretch.
No offence but we were all in here pulling our hair out about how bad the roster was because of a lack of top 6 C's and top 6 players in general. ( I was at the time a lurker without an account for about 8 years but oh boy do i remember the moaning in here about those teams , rightfully so)

Yes their were pieces in place but nothing incredible like some posters are alluding to. Im saying this as the biggest bergevin hater on earth too dude is a scumbag. Left the team way worst off than he got it but our team was not that strong. Strong base with goaltending and defence sure but lotsa work to do still (which he clearly failed miserably with)
Add a #1 C to the 2013-2017 squad and we could have been really dangerous even if we where already really good during that period of time

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Pens need a 3rd line C but are 18k from the cap.
Sounds like Dvorak for a 2nd (Pens don’t want to give a 1st) plus or prospect and a salary dump.

The "no 1st" is to move cap dump (so they can do other trades) going by that article. But Hextall doesn't seems to want to trade anything away to get anything. I think he's looking at a swap. Like Jeff Carter for a 3rd line center who is ~14 years younger...

I find Hextall's comment that trade chatter has picked up more interesting. Looks like "playoffs" teams wants to upgrade, but most of them have barely any cap space and cap dump are super expensive to trade because the few bottom teams with cap space knows it. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad