HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #82

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Good time for a refresh of Trade Proposal Thread. Last thread was at hit 4,000+ posts.

We're currently in roster freeze due to Christmas holiday season.

Players that we're potentially interested in moving:

Edmundson
Monahan
Dvorak
Anderson
Hoffman
Drouin
Dadonov
Savard

Players we're potentially interested in:

PLD
Boeser
Young Goalie
Another 2023 1st

Discuss your proposals.

Reactions: McGees

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Edmundson => Hopefully traded, but I fear Hughes believe they have to keep him
Monahan => Traded unless Dvorak is at the deadline instead
Dvorak => Traded before his NTC apply, but Hughes might be inclined to keep him since the team has zero center depth
Anderson => Hopefully traded, but won't happen
Hoffman => Gonna keep him
Drouin => A team is going to give something for him?
Dadonov => Ditto
Savard => Keeping until the RHD prospects are NHL ready

Hughes will draft a goalie, they won't trade for a goalie prospects unless a team needs LD prospects in exchange...we got plenty of those still, not much of anything else.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
FWIW, crusty ole pundit Yvon Pedneault confirms that Edmondton no longer has an active interest in Edmundson. Says so here: Chronique d'Yvon Pedneault - BPM Sports

No big deal, there should be others interested by the trading deadline.

I think Gorton/Hughes would prefer to move Eddy and at full cap hit but I think their best play is to advertise a 50% retention about 1 week before the deadline. That's how we might get the 1st rounder. I'm not buying that we should get a 1st cause Savard and Chiarot got one. It's usually circumstantial.

Teams won't trade their first until they have a good idea where it will be. So maybe this picks up in Jan/Feb.

If there is no retention, I do think we can get two 2nd rounders but once again, closer to the deadline

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I don't buy these goalie rumors Hughes just re-upped all the 3 goalies for 2 years and we have Dobes already who is just behind Levi stats wise in the ncaa.

The standings are tight by design that leave the numbers of teams selling low so Kent will make out like a bandit again this year. Lfg

AASYbxG.img

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think Gorton/Hughes would prefer to move Eddy and at full cap hit but I think their best play is to advertise a 50% retention about 1 week before the deadline. That's how we might get the 1st rounder. I'm not buying that we should get a 1st cause Savard and Chiarot got one. It's usually circumstantial.

Teams won't trade their first until they have a good idea where it will be. So maybe this picks up in Jan/Feb.

If there is no retention, I do think we can get two 2nd rounders but once again, closer to the deadline
I want to see Hughes break his no retention rule on multi year contracts before believing that he will.

Regardless, he shouldn’t have to retain on Edmundson since he has a low cap hit and the acquiring team can recoup its investment thanks to that 2nd contract year, by having the ability to flip him for likely similar value in 2023-24 than what they’d be coughing up for him now.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I don't buy these goalie rumors Hughes just re-upped all the 3 goalies for 2 years and we have Dobes already who is just behind Levi stats wise in the ncaa.

The standings are tight by design that leave the numbers of teams selling low so Kent will make out like a bandit again this year. Lfg

AASYbxG.img
I do. It was rumoured they were looking for a true no. 1 starting goalie before last years TDL. Samsonov was rumoured as was the fact Hughes even said Habs didn’t have a real no. 1 at the moment.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
All the better a time to get a young goalie to develop into one along with the rest of the core. That way they all hit their peak years at the same time.
When is that winning switch gonna be activated?
In goals Primeau is already 23, Dobes 21.
defense 4 guys between 20-22.
forwards 4 guys between 18-23.

probably 2 prospects with nice odds both at fwd and d around 18

thats half a team (and no goalie). You still need good 24-26 yrs old players. Huge hole as of now

Galchenyuk15

Jan 2, 2013
Not really a good trade in a rebuild, I will try to obtain a 1st round pick and/or a prospect but if it's not the case. I'm ready to try another option!

To Montréal :
Anthony Mantha - 28 years - 2 years at 5,700,000$

To Washington :
Josh Anderson - 28 years - 5 years at 5,500,000$
Jan Mysak

Mantha : Maybe in Montréal under MSL he can be sucessful and playing with more passion; one of his major flaws. If the experience don't succeed you can still trade him at the 2023 deadline. At least, Mantha can be use in a offensive way!

Anderson : I don't know how to use him. Not a point producer, not a shutdown guy, can't really find a chemistry with anyone. Looking much better on the paper than the ice! For me the Josh Anderson Project is a total failure!

Mysak : I never really like this prospect for all the experience he have at every stage versus the others players of his age, he needs to show a lot more than that and he didn't do that. It's a question of time before he disappear in your hierarchy!

If Mantha stay at long term and the Habs add Dubois in the 2024 UFA market!
Caufield-Suzuki-Dach
Slafkovsky-Dubois-Mesar
Farell-Beck-Mantha
Gallagher-Dvorak-Heineman-Pick 2023

Reactions: Xirik

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
FWIW, crusty ole pundit Yvon Pedneault confirms that Edmondton no longer has an active interest in Edmundson. Says so here: Chronique d'Yvon Pedneault - BPM Sports

Price must be high on Edmunston. I thought Habs might not trade him unless blown away. With 4 rookies on defense and Eddy signed for next year.

DailyKaizen

Not really a good trade in a rebuild, I will try to obtain a 1st round pick and/or a prospect but if it's not the case. I'm ready to try another option!

To Montréal :
Anthony Mantha - 28 years - 2 years at 5,700,000$

To Washington :
Josh Anderson - 28 years - 5 years at 5,500,000$
Jan Mysak

Mantha : Maybe in Montréal under MSL he can be sucessful and playing with more passion; one of his major flaws. If the experience don't succeed you can still trade him at the 2023 deadline. At least, Mantha can be use in a offensive way!

Anderson : I don't know how to use him. Not a point producer, not a shutdown guy, can't really find a chemistry with anyone. Looking much better on the paper than the ice! For me the Josh Anderson Project is a total failure!

Mysak : I never really like this prospect for all the experience he have at every stage versus the others players of his age, he needs to show a lot more than that and he didn't do that. It's a question of time before he disappear in your hierarchy!

If Mantha stay at long term and the Habs add Dubois in the 2024 UFA market!
Caufield-Suzuki-Dach
Slafkovsky-Dubois-Mesar
Farell-Beck-Mantha
Gallagher-Dvorak-Heineman-Pick 2023
Is Mantha a good fit? I like his pros but I heard of his cons and do not know if they outweigh his positives...

It is likely HuGo will target what we would call projects with whatever assets we trade away, when I say"projects" I mean more under the radar type of players that are former clients.

Guiness time

Mar 14, 2007
Please add Evans to your list. i would be happy with a 2050 3rd round pick. I'll probably be dead to see the return, but still be happy with it.

• Haha
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Is Mantha a good fit? I like his pros but I heard of his cons and do not know if they outweigh his positives...

It is likely HuGo will target what we would call projects with whatever assets we trade away, when I say"projects" I mean more under the radar type of players that are former clients.

No. He's basically Anderson but can't fight as well as Anderson can

Reactions: Sterling Archer

bsl

Oct 9, 2009

AASYbxG.img
Unless the goalies they draft are very very good prospects, none of them will see regular play in NHL for 5 years. Too late. Hugo will go after a goalie in trade or UFA. No choice. Can't just bet on Dobes.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia

Edmonton going to cheap themselves into another failed season, in other news water is wet

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

I don't think Pedneault has any sources, but conversation should change to other teams beside Edmonton anyways.

Buffalo needs help at LD, as do LAK. Both of whom have much stronger prospect systems and better draft pick depth than Edmonton.

You also have to think TB would be interested, especially with the extra year. We could help them by taking back Myers (RFA 2023). I don't see them sitting on their D as it is. They are far more willing to give value in trades if they are filling a hole (eg: Hagel).

Depending on where other teams sit by TD, there will be other interested parties.

Holland is a shit GM who's risk adverse at a time when Edmonton should be all in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad