In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
At the trade deadline:
Jets: Monahan (50%)
Habs: Jets 2023 1st

Pre-draft:
Jets: Jets 2023 1st back, FLA 2023 1st and either Dvorak or Farrell
Habs: PLD

Essentially Monahan, FLA 1st and Dvorak/Farrell for PLD.

Jets get help with a nice rental for the p/o, and if they feel they can’t or don’t want to sign him, they can pick Dvorak to fill that void. If Monahan comes back, they get a cheap promising prospect to help with the cap.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
At the trade deadline:

Pre-draft:

Jets get help with a nice rental for the p/o, and if they feel they can’t or don’t want to sign him, they can pick Dvorak to fill that void. If Monahan comes back, they get a cheap promising prospect to help with the cap.

Doubt the Jets make any drastic moves at this deadline. They are a frugal team and their contract structure has them on a rebuild or retool track after this season.

If they make a move, it's for a D. I think they are fine with Scheifele, PLD, and Lowry

Reactions: MarkovsKnee and LaP

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
The players you listed were only on IR. That means their cap hits still counted. The only thing a player on IR doesn't count against is the roster spots. So a player going on IR opens up a roster spot and the team can call someone up from Laval. But once they're back, they take back their roster spot and the player who was called up is sent back down.

Only players on LTIR don't count against the cap. Or rather, they do count against the cap, it's just that the team can go over the cap by the amount of the cap of the player on LTIR (Price and Byron are both on LTIR, so the Habs can go $13.9M over the cap).
That doesn't sound fair. Do you have to be gone all season to go on LTIR?

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I posted a couple days ago how would you guys feel about this, I seen 2 Oilers fans liking this package and recommended it:

Edmundson - [email protected]

For

Fogele - [email protected]
1st round pick '23

Lesser cap hit and likely need forwards next year after: Dadonov, Drouin, Monahan departing. Without any changes and this deal.

Caufield Suzuki Dach
Slafkovsky Dvorak Anderson
Fogele Evans Hoffman
Armia Pitlick Gallagher

Guhle Matheson
Harris Savard
Xhekaj Kovacevic
Wideman

Allen
Montembeault

Reactions: John B

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

No. A player on LTIR is someone who will miss at least 10 games or 24 days.

But teams don't use LTIR for that. They use it for guys who will be out long term.

It is fair though to keep players on IR counting against the cap. Because if they do provide cap relief, everyone will be using IR to circumvent the salary cap.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I posted a couple days ago how would you guys feel about this, I seen 2 Oilers fans liking this package and recommended it:

Edmundson - [email protected]

For

Fogele - [email protected]
1st round pick '23

Lesser cap hit and likely need forwards next year after: Dadonov, Drouin, Monahan departing. Without any changes and this deal.

Caufield Suzuki Dach
Slafkovsky Dvorak Anderson
Fogele Evans Hoffman
Armia Pitlick Gallagher

Guhle Matheson
Harris Savard
Xhekaj Kovacevic
Wideman

Allen
Montembeault

Last thing we need is more forwards for next year, but if we do, better take Puljujarvi, at least we will have option this summer and we will be able to save cap space next year if things don't got well

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
At the trade deadline:

Pre-draft:

Jets are not trading PLD this deadline he will be moved in the summer not before that

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

It's fair cause you can't have a open flood gate of IR contracts circumventing the cap and messing up their Escrow even more than the % they have already agreed to.

50% of NHL revenue goes to players and owners. This is the #1 rule and all other cap rules are created to ensure they meet to the 50/50 at the end of the season.

If you allowed IR contracts to not count against the cap, the players would take a fit with how much escrow claw back there is season/season.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Jets are not trading PLD this deadline he will be moved in the summer not before that
Indeed PLD is still RFA with the Jets this summer. They will try to win. And if they can’t get to an arrangement, theyll make a trade, this summer only.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
but...why
i think he is overhyped ,, one dimensionnel player who needs someone like Suzuki to feed him or else he would suck.
I also see him being injured in the medium run because of his head being shoulder level.
That 2023 draft is something every 10 years happen..
Slaf could take over CC spot, while Laf takes Slaf spot. + getting 2 great draft and having 4 first picks in 2023, might get a 5th one with Eddy or Monahan

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
i think he is overhyped ,, one dimensionnel player who needs someone like Suzuki to feed him or else he would suck.
I also see him being injured in the medium run because of his head being shoulder level.
That 2023 draft is something every 10 years happen..
Slaf could take over CC spot, while Laf takes Slaf spot. + getting 2 great draft and having 4 first picks in 2023, might get a 5th one with Eddy or Monahan

Yeah, one dimensional.....scoring goals.
That's a freaking good dimension especially at the rate he's going....and his shot alone is the strengh, does not need an precise player to feed him, did it everywhere he went and with no matter who he was playing with.

Slaf didn't prove to a whole lot yet....Lafreniere proved even less and this draft is about the top 10 not the bottom 10 of the 1st round.

ML16

Aug 28, 2020
Montreal
Would you guys do Caufield for Lafrenière + NY 1 pick 2023 + Dallas 1 pick 2023 ??

Seeing as NYR’s and DAL’s 1st round picks in 2023 are currently around the #25 and #27 overall, it would be an easy pass (unless Caufield somehow asks for +10M AAV next summer, a highly unlikely scenario).

Lafrenière’s potential and underlying numbers as LW3 behind Panarin/Kredider are intriguing, sure, but since he doesn’t play RHD nor G, he doesn’t move the needle that much in the rebuild.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I genuinely cannot believe that there are STILL people here pitching a Caufield for Lafrenière swap.

It's horrible.
re read , It's Lafrenière + 2 x first round selections. I don't know if i would do it , but it isn't horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad