HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #81

Status
Not open for further replies.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I know they only have 3 good forwards. But Fletcher and the senile trio probably think they can make the playoffs. They didn't hire Torts to tank. Would they give up after 30 games?
Fletcher did nothing to improve his team that finished 6 pts away from the Habs last season and have only made the playoffs once since he's there (the 2019 bubble playoffs, Fletcher joined in December 2018).

People hoped Tort would be able to whip the team into a bubble spot, but looks like that's a dead roster

Reactions: themilosh

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Fletcher did nothing to improve his team that finished 6 pts away from the Habs last season and have only made the playoffs once since he's there (the 2019 bubble playoffs, Fletcher joined in December 2018).

People hoped Tort would be able to whip the team into a bubble spot, but looks like that's a dead roster
Unfortunately for Flyers fans if the owner refuses to tank or listens to idiot advisors (Bobby Clarke) there won't be a tank. Could be Torts does not like Van Riemsdyk.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Losing Couturier for the season was a big loss. They may have been better with him, though still likely not a playoff team. Also, JVR was out until just recently and Cam Atkinson and Ryan Ellis haven't played at all this season.

But for sure they're a team with bad management that has been making bad decisions. We need to trade Josh Anderson to them.

Last edited:

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Unfortunately for Flyers fans if the owner refuses to tank or listens to idiot advisors (Bobby Clarke) there won't be a tank. Could be Torts does not like Van Riemsdyk.
Never heard a thing with JVR and tortorella. JVR just played 12 games (11 pts). Prime candidate for tdl deal. Expiring contract with bonus paid already.

Fletcher knew about Ellis and Couturier being out all year. Atkinson second best forward didnt play yet.

So far he refuses to deal Provorov, Sanheim, Konecny, Hart all prime age (24-26) guys.

Added DeAngelo who would be leading in pts on the Habs. Added tough guy Deslauriers.

tbh not sure what refusing to tank mean. Traded Giroux.

What should he do? Trade prime guys for late 1sts?

Plenty of young guys playing.

1 bad contract Ristolainen. Hayes pricy but producing way more under new coach.

Just lost Sedlak to retirement. Not long ago lost niskanen due to covid fears. You can take so many hits. Best prospect Brink major injury.

with Atlantic loaded on top (Boston, Tampa, Toronto), Mtl is experiencing how tough it is just like phi had to deal with loaded Wsh and Pit teams, now NJ, Car and NYR.

Dead roster is overdoing it when yes they lose but are in most (21 times) games tied or ahead going in the 3rd. Yesterday gave up 2 empty goals To NYR, was 4-3 with 2 mins to go.

Columbus added Gaudreau and are behind… they are missing 2-3 good players too. Just imagine losing Suzuki.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
With Recent injuries to Gallagher, Matheson, Drouin, Habs have created a little caproom. Around 2.7 million. Strong chance we trade Edmunston and Monahan. Gives us around 10 million in caproom to play with at deadline. Many big names rumoured to move, could we rent this 10m out for another first?
Matheson and Drouin are back for now though

John B

Nov 19, 2016
Losing Couturier for the season was a big loss. They may have been better with him, though still likely not a playoff team. Also, JVR was out until just recently.

But for sure they're a team with bad management that has been making bad decisions. We need to trade Josh Anderson to them.
Anderson for Van Reimsdyk and a lottery protected 2024 1st.:sarcasm: I doubt it would happen, but it would sure be nice.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Anderson for Van Reimsdyk and a lottery protected 2024 1st.:sarcasm: I doubt it would happen, but it would sure be nice.
Jvr is a pending ufa and has been producing. He's a good asset for them. They can trade hom at the TDL, so they wouldn't give him and a 1st.

Anyways, they really need to rebuild, not go after JA. But we can dream.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
Jvr is a pending ufa and has been producing. He's a good asset for them. They can trade hom at the TDL, so they wouldn't give him and a 1st.

Anyways, they really need to rebuild, not go after JA. But we can dream.
Yeah, I was kind of half joking. I agree with you, I don't see them giving up JVR and a 1st unfortunately. I could see the Flyers being interested in Anderson though if they choose not to rebuild.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah, I was kind of half joking. I agree with you, I don't see them giving up JVR and a 1st unfortunately. I could see the Flyers being interested in Anderson though if they choose not to rebuild.

Maybe a 3 way trade though, JVR for a future, and then that future comes to us for JA.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
I say HuGo should pull more Monahan moves, forcing teams to give up a first, second and prospects. Let's face it, Dadonov and Drouin are months away from retirement or finishing their career in Europe. It looks bleak for Hoffman, Galagher and Armia. Byron is done. Stuck with Price unless they pull another Dadonov. There might be potential for Anderson, Dvo, Edmundson and Savard. There is absolutely no reason to hold on to Monahan. Even Dach has slowed down while Lek is taling up the points. Sometimes, I just wonder whether this team is just hopeless.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I say HuGo should pull more Monahan moves, forcing teams to give up a first, second and prospects. Let's face it, Dadonov and Drouin are months away from retirement or finishing their career in Europe. It looks bleak for Hoffman, Galagher and Armia. Byron is done. Stuck with Price unless they pull another Dadonov. There might be potential for Anderson, Dvo, Edmundson and Savard. There is absolutely no reason to hold on to Monahan. Even Dach has slowed down while Lek is taling up the points. Sometimes, I just wonder whether this team is just hopeless.
Dach and Lehkonen have the same points total right now but i don't really know why does that matter? lol

Lehkonen was traded for Justin Barron and a 2nd round pick in 2024.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Eddy, Monahan, Hoffman, traded at the deadline. Draft power improved even more for the next few drafts. Lots of cap space freed up for next season.

Dubois traded for at the draft (Panthers 1st, Barron, Kidney). We retain Dvorak to play 3C.

Caufield gets Suzuki's contract. Harris get's bridged at something around 2 years at $1.25M.

Curious... Do the Habs try and sign Klingberg?

23 man roster with $5M in cap space. Still might not be a playoff team.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
With Recent injuries to Gallagher, Matheson, Drouin, Habs have created a little caproom. Around 2.7 million. Strong chance we trade Edmunston and Monahan. Gives us around 10 million in caproom to play with at deadline. Many big names rumoured to move, could we rent this 10m out for another first?

Players on IR (not LTIR) does not increase cap space. It's the opposite... it hurts your cap space if you replace them with a $1M depth guy.

Habs won't be able to accrue cap space. Why? Price going on LTIR before the season started. We do have some wiggle room but it's not as much as what some think it is for this deadline.

That $2.7M cap space was $2.9M a week or so ago.

Reactions: DAChampion

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Players on IR (not LTIR) does not increase cap space. It's the opposite... it hurts your cap space if you replace them with a $1M depth guy.

Habs won't be able to accrue cap space. Why? Price going on LTIR before the season started. We do have some wiggle room but it's not as much as what some think it is for this deadline.

That $2.7M cap space was $2.9M a week or so ago.
Monahan 50%, Edmunston, and/or whoever else goes will open up cap space to take on a bad contract. It’s just a matter of what other teams are willing to pay.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Monahan 50%, Edmunston, and/or whoever else goes will open up cap space to take on a bad contract. It’s just a matter of what other teams are willing to pay.

We have room to trade Monahan, Eddy, Hoffman and with retention if we choose to do so. But after that, it's limited.

Taking on a bad contract? When? For the rest of this season? Possible but we don't have as much cap space as some think we do. Cap space leverage is higher for next season IMO.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Would be smart if philly got some value for JVR. Man they need to tank BAD. Reminds me of MTL with their refusal to scorched earth. It needs to be done and Comcast are just lining up their pockets spitting on the fanbase.
I dont really care about philly but i certainly can show empathy to teams with passionate fanbases that are spinning their wheels in the mud like we did for 2 decades

Reactions: habsfan891

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Eddy, Monahan, Hoffman, traded at the deadline. Draft power improved even more for the next few drafts. Lots of cap space freed up for next season.

Dubois traded for at the draft (Panthers 1st, Barron, Kidney). We retain Dvorak to play 3C.

Caufield gets Suzuki's contract. Harris get's bridged at something around 2 years at $1.25M.

Curious... Do the Habs try and sign Klingberg?

23 man roster with $5M in cap space. Still might not be a playoff team.
Curious, who do you see taking on Hoffman at this point?

He’s still got an extra year left and is known poor quality.
Even with retention, he’s not exactly a reliable guy and the extra year likely turns off any team willing to take a flyer on him as a PP/offense booster.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Curious, who do you see taking on Hoffman at this point?

He’s still got an extra year left and is known poor quality.
Even with retention, he’s not exactly a reliable guy and the extra year likely turns off any team willing to take a flyer on him as a PP/offense booster.

Not sure. 50/50 he gets moved this deadline and if we move him, we are taking back a contract. Doubt Hughes retains on him but he could with Monahan and Eddy.

Some team who has good overall size up front (especially at center) and needs a left handed one timer on their PP. Is there a team out there like that?

my 50/50 chance above is probably high. Might be 25% chance it's a last min deal at the deadline. I would expect him to be on our roster next season but you never know.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

The players you listed were only on IR. That means their cap hits still counted. The only thing a player on IR doesn't count against is the roster spots. So a player going on IR opens up a roster spot and the team can call someone up from Laval. But once they're back, they take back their roster spot and the player who was called up is sent back down.

Only players on LTIR don't count against the cap. Or rather, they do count against the cap, it's just that the team can go over the cap by the amount of the cap of the player on LTIR (Price and Byron are both on LTIR, so the Habs can go $13.9M over the cap).

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The players you listed were only on IR. That means their cap hits still counted. The only thing a player on IR doesn't count against is the roster spots. So a player going on IR opens up a roster spot and the team can call someone up from Laval. But once they're back, they take back their roster spot and the player who was called up is sent back down.

Only players on LTIR don't count against the cap. Or rather, they do count against the cap, it's just that the team can go over the cap by the amount of the cap of the player on LTIR (Price and Byron are both on LTIR, so the Habs can go $13.9M over the cap).

Yup and while that player is on IR, the player you called up takes his roster spot and his daily cap hit chews into your cap space.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yup and while that player is on IR, the player you called up takes his roster spot and his daily cap hit chews into your cap space.

Exactly. Which is why leaving yourself some room on the cap is crucial. Because you can call guys up and not worry.

It's already happened where teams are so tight against the cap that they can't call anyone up and have to actually play with a shortened line-up.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Exactly. Which is why leaving yourself some room on the cap is crucial. Because you can call guys up and not worry.

It's already happened where teams are so tight against the cap that they can't call anyone up and have to actually play with a shortened line-up.

I doubt that's what our roster looks like and we spend to the max cap like that. However, some posters think Dubois ruins our cap which is false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad