HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #81

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Do you guys see any surprises from camp?? Players that will unexpectedely make the starting lineup?

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
love the battle of the young D.. this could be interesting

but all media sources say Habs have to many forwards. Kent has some things to figure out

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
love the battle of the young D.. this could be interesting

but all media sources say Habs have to many forwards. Kent has some things to figure out
Don't forget there is always injuries, don't think all those forward will be healthy at the start of the season. Just look at how many players are injured today

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
True, so I gues 90 players at camp is good... lol

the defense is the area we have no vet's
Matheson, Savard, Wideman and maybe Edmundson depending how badly he’s injured.

As much as I like Edmundson, he seems injury prone. They should consider dangling him when he returns.

Reactions: LaP

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Marinaro is suggesting Dvorak for Flyer's 1st because Sean Couturier is injuried. Wishful thinking, I doubt the Flyers are that desperate.
They’re not and they’ll probably be a bubble team at best. Even if they we’re desperate, they’d likely be able to get more for their 1st.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
You can even give a prospect (who is not going to play this year) to the Flyers in addition to Dvorak.

And, you can even, if you want and like Sam Pollock did with California in 1971, give up one of your first-round picks later against their first pick this year. –Tony Marinaro

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
You can even give a prospect (who is not going to play this year) to the Flyers in addition to Dvorak.

And, you can even, if you want and like Sam Pollock did with California in 1971, give up one of your first-round picks later against their first pick this year. –Tony Marinaro
You can even stop listening to Tony Marinaro.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Even if the Flyers were to trade their 1st round pick they would have it protected (at least top 10 protected).
That would still be worth acquiring. Hell the best d might be available between 10 and 15. Fletcher won't be rebuilding and he probably isn't allowed to but it would take more than Dvorak to get the 1st. And if the pick is top 10 then they will likely be getting a lottery pick in 2024.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Why would the Habs need to extend a mediocre at best goalie

I don’t understand the rush

Have you seen the goalie market? It f***ing sucks and they don't want their young defenseman fishing the puck out of their net every time they make a mistake during the rebuild.

Going with Monty and Primeau is a bad idea. They also really like Jake Allen as a leader in the locker room.

The other piece is it's extremely hard to find a goalie with the experience and ability of Allen who is content to be relegated to back-up status when the time comes. Most won't want to come here with the idea that they'll be sitting second fiddle to Primeau as soon as its feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad