HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #81

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
HFboards: We need a natural goal scorer!! Haven’t had one since Richer!

Habs: Here’s Cole Caufield. A top goal scorer in the NHL

HFboards: Trade Caufield for a mediocre player and picks!!!

Never change guys. Never change.
It has to be a francophone thing. In no way does a half intelligent person consider this. I don't throw this around lightly but at some point, we, in the 21st century need to view such stuff as borderline racist or supremacist

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
Yeah goal scoring is so one dimensional we gotta trade guys like that out of here. It would be better if we had players who have the potential to be mediocre in a few years. Especially if they can be both French and mediocre, then we're killing it.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
LeBrun basically says....'don't expect much' in terms of deadline deals for Habs.
Maaaaaybe an Edmundson trade

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
LeBrun basically says....'don't expect much' in terms of deadline deals for Habs.

That's because all our vets suck. Armia, Dadonov, Hoffman & Drouin have shown absolutely nothing except that they're bad players on a bad team.

Edmundson & Monahan are our only real trading pieces. Monahan's injury history and the fact he's injured again will make it hard to get great value for him.

And, even Eddie has struggled this year, although I'd still think we can get two 2nds for Edmundson if not a 1st.

To Buffalo for Flyers 2023 2nd, Vegas's 2023 2nd & the rights to Devon Levi (G). 😀 Too much?

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
That's because all our vets suck. Armia, Dadonov, Hoffman & Drouin have shown absolutely nothing except that they're bad players on a bad team.

Edmundson & Monahan are our only real trading pieces. Monahan's injury history and the fact he's injured again will make it hard to get great value for him.

And, even Eddie has struggled this year, although I'd still think we can get two 2nds for Edmundson if not a 1st.

To Buffalo for Flyers 2023 2nd, Vegas's 2023 2nd & the rights to Devon Levi (G). 😀 Too much?
The only way to do a proper rebuild is for HuGo to somehow get more similar deals like Monahan. Drouin, Armia, Gallagher and Dadonov are worthless.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
The only way to do a proper rebuild is for HuGo to somehow get more similar deals like Monahan. Drouin, Armia, Gallagher and Dadonov are worthless.

We should be able to do it this summer. We'll have actual cap room, and the cap is only going up by $1m again. It's our last chance before the cap takes a big leap the following year.

Reactions: ReHabs

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
If this upcoming draft is as good as advertised, teams will not be trading their 1st rounders unless it’s for the limited very few game changers like Patrick Kane…

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I think they will trade Anderson, Edmunston and Monahan. Maybe a lesser player moved also. A vet on expiring contract for nil, Habs retain half.

Anderson maybe traded before for deadline. Like Toffoli.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Not surprising..

I do think they need to re-think their positioning on Edmundson and Anderson.

Guhle, Xhekaj, Harris and Matheson who are all left shot D men. Edmundson is gonna have trade value to teams. Just move him.

Anderson does not fit with us or what we are trying to do. The idea of the player is nice but he's very rarely that player most nights.

Not surprising no one wants the pending UFA trash, never expected much if we could move em.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think they will trade Anderson, Edmunston and Monahan. Maybe a lesser player moved also. A vet on expiring contract for nil, Habs retain half.

Anderson maybe traded before for deadline. Like Toffoli.

I want a higher return for Anderson vs what we got for Toffoli. Love Mesar and Heineman but do either of them turn into top 6F? We will see.

We don't need to rush a Anderson trade. His value won't go down and I believe it will go up as he has less term left and a higher salary cap. If his skating was not great like Toffoli, I would move him for the best offer this deadline. However, his skating is very good so he's not going to decline. Willing to take my chances where Anderson stays for 1 or 2 more seasons.

Eddy and Monahan should be moved yes. Got to wait out that process like we did last year. Could happen before the deadline or at the deadline.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
HFboards: We need a natural goal scorer!! Haven’t had one since Richer!

Habs: Here’s Cole Caufield. A top goal scorer in the NHL

HFboards: Trade Caufield for a mediocre player and picks!!!

Never change guys. Never change.
Have you heard the expression "painting the whole group with the same brush"? That's what you're doing here.

One misguided, ill-informed poster makes a ridiculous trade offer, a second poster corrects a misunderstanding about the trade but claims it's still not a good offer, and everybody else lambasts the trade. Somehow you turn this into HFboards wanting to unload CC.

My guess is that you make a bad witness.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Kent will have a tough time getting a 1st this year. If Sean is hurt most of the time it will be hard.

who wants JD, Daddy, Armia?? we as fans want them out, so why would a GM get excited about getting them?

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Just pointing out again that I was lambasted for saying Laf is a bust in the summer--because he put up a 35-point pace in the playoffs instead of 30. He'd still be a good middle-six winger for us if the Rangers were interested in still getting value for him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

1) Retain 50% on Eddy and you get a 1st rounder IMO. Someone will bite on that.

2) Monahan is tricky to evaluate. It's not a question about ability, it's a question about health. The faster Horvat and ROR are traded, the better. Supply and demand are huge factors at any deadline. If Monahan comes back and picks up from where he left off, we should get a solid return even if it's not a 1st.

3) Call me crazy but I think Hoffman has a chance at returning a 2nd or 3rd rounder if we take back a 1 or 2 year cap dump $2M or less AAV.

4) Drouin and Dadonov are going to expire with us.

5) Armia, 3rd, and a prospect like Kapanen may get you Boeser. I'd be down with that if the Canucks can't get a better offer from someone else

6) Last but not least... Anderson. 50/50 chance he gets traded but if he does, expect Toffoli return or better. Possible it's less than 50% chance and it's more like 25% or less.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Just pointing out again that I was lambasted for saying Laf is a bust in the summer--because he put up a 35-point pace in the playoffs instead of 30. He'd still be a good middle-six winger for us if the Rangers were interested in still getting value for him.
As NYY GM Brian Cashman once said, “NY is not the market for developing homegrown talent”…

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

Our only impending UFA who will get anything valuable is Monahan so we shouldn't expect much. The deadline is also like 2 months away so lots will change by then.

Hughes is more than willing to trade if his asking price is met on players (see Toffoli/Lehkonen last year). I won't be surprised if we see Anderson, Dvorak or Edmundson dealt around the deadline as these players have some traits that GMs want going into the playoffs.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Would you guys do Caufield for Lafrenière + NY 1 pick 2023 + Dallas 1 pick 2023 ??
NY and Dallas will draft late in the first round. Likelihood is two third liners. With Lafreniere, that makes three.

I don't trade a guy who has scored 41 goals in his last 68 games, i.e. a first liner, for three third liners.

Yes teams need them, but it's way, way easier to find third liners than star scorers. We have not had a goal scorer like this since Stephane Richer in the 80s, and even at that, scoring was higher then than now.

If Lafreniere makes sense as a project, you trade non-essential assets for him, so that the build is not put at risk.

Rangers may not agree, but that's ok, move on then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad