Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The issue with Gaudreau is the timing of when you want to extend him. You can'd do that until July of 2021 and that's when his 5 teams trade list kicks in. Can the Habs decline that option if we trade for him? Like the Preds did with Subban?

Is a team no trade list a big deal? Seattle will be in the league. That leaves 27 teams he can go to.

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
I think the inclusion of Mete really forces the Jets to stop and think. Throw in Gustav Olofsson and it becomes an offer they just can't refuse.

Lol are you saying that Domi + Mete + Olofsson + 16 OA would land us Laine????? :laugh:

You are living in Wonderland.

The jets would ask for Domi + Romanov + 16OA at least...

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Domi Mantha have the same age, both where drafted same year and both are RFA. I would try to build around that
Drafted same year but Mantha is basically a year older. Also if you look at their numbers, Domi's numbers are superior. And not by a little.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
I'm not gonna lie, this is getting a bit exciting to see what Bergevin might do this off season, but I'm not trying to get my hopes up too much. I mean how much value does Max Domi really has amongst GMs in the league?

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
I may be in the minority here but i'd do most of the trades mentioned here.

Domi. Poehling. Mete. Brook. Caufield. 1st picks.

for guys like Laine, Gaudreau ...

...sign me up. Id trade all of those pieces for just one of the guys (not all but you get my point) . Ill drive the limo myself. Not just to the airport. To Winnipeg or Calgary.

Some of you are nuts saying no hahaha.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm not gonna lie, this is getting a bit exciting to see what Bergevin might do this off season, but I'm not trying to get my hopes up too much. I mean how much value does Max Domi really has amongst GMs in the league?

Got the same feeling. Domi does have more value than what you see on HF boards. How much? Hard to say and depends on what they are going to offer. Make no mistake, Domi has more value today vs when the Coyotes were shopping him and pretty sure GM's were calling the Coyotes back when too!

Trades are not easy to make both sides happy. But yeah.... Habs are actually in a good spot and we don't have to get desperate.

Last edited:
Reactions: FLHabs

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Drafted same year but Mantha is basically a year older. Also if you look at their numbers, Domi's numbers are superior. And not by a little.

Mantha is 6 month older.. they are in the same group of age and Mantha is a better goal scorer and he is bigger. He is a better fit for what we need then Domi

Reactions: Deebs

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

Ok, sure.

If the Habs had a 22 year old like Laine (a 22 year old 6’ 5” winger who was about to put up his 4th straight 30 goal season to start his career) you’d be open to trading him for Domi, Mete, and the 16th pick? Look at what 29 year old Pacioretty got going into his UFA season after putting up a 17 goal 37 point season.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Mantha is 6 month older.. they are in the same group of age and Mantha is a better goal scorer and he is bigger. He is a better fit for what we need then Domi
So why are Domi's numbers a lot better than Mantha's? Domi 251. Mantha 173. Over 5 years that's almost an 80 point spread. If that's the route you want to take then okay. Domi for Mantha, maybe with the Red Wings adding. After all centers are a premium or is that only when we are looking for them?

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Got the same feeling. Domi does have more value than what you see on HF boards. How much? Hard to say and depends on what they are going to offer. Make not mistake, Domi has more value today vs when the Coyotes were shopping him and pretty sure GM's were calling the Coyotes back when too!

Trades are not easy to make both sides happy. But yeah.... Habs are actually in a good spot and we don't have to get desperate.
I think that to get the most out of Domi you got to package him with a prospect, but other than Romanov or Caufield, I dont see any that would really tip the scales in a trade and those 2 aren't getting traded. Maybe Poehling still has value because of his tools but idk if enough. The only other thing is the 1st in one of the deepest draft in a while, but you got to be careful with that one. I wouldn't add the 1st in a trade with soon to be UFA Gaudreau for example.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
So why are Domi's numbers a lot better than Mantha's? Domi 251. Mantha 173. Over 5 years that's almost an 80 point spread. If that's the route you want to take then okay. Domi for Mantha, maybe with the Red Wings adding. After all centers are a premium or is that only when we are looking for them?

because Domi have 100 more games then Mantha but they have the same PPG (O,67 for both) and Mantha is better goal scorer

Reactions: Destopcorner

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
And he was much better at Center and it also made the team better as a whole. Suzy will not be going back to wing.

The team has been dying for a legitimate Center and now there's a chance we have an excellent 1-2 punch going forward. Moving our best Center prospect in decades to wing in completely foolish.

Except when it's not. Then you just look foolish.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think that to get the most out of Domi you got to package him with a prospect, but other than Romanov or Caufield, I dont see any that would really tip the scales in a trade and those 2 aren't getting traded. Maybe Poehling still has value because of his tools but idk if enough. The only other thing is the 1st in one of the deepest draft in a while, but you got to be careful with that one. I wouldn't add the 1st in a trade with soon to be UFA Gaudreau for example.

Domi and the 16th OA is a great package. I would make that trade for Gaudreau and I do realize it could back fire. My issue is adding on top of that package which increases the back fire probability.

Habs are not going to rush trading Domi IMO. Best to be patient like we were with Patch, Galchenyuk, and Shaw. I rather send Domi to arbitration and play him in a stable spot in the line-up before I sell him for just a 50 pts value in a trade.

Reactions: FLHabs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad