Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
because Domi have 100 more games then Mantha but they have the same PPG (O,67 for both) and Mantha is better goal scorer
And why has Domi played more games? Because he isn't injury prone like Mantha. He has missed a substantial amount of games 3 of the four years he has played in the NHL. If MB goes after Mantha and wants to give up on Domi. Okay. But it's not us who adds. It's Detroit. I'm not sold on Mantha.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Here you go folks, another complete fabrication:

The same exact deal that was put out there for Gaudreau yesterday is now being "put out there" for Nylander. :laugh:

lolll I think Habs nation getting trolled for clicks at this point. Sucks for Domi though, he must be aware of all the rumors. Even more so for Poehling who's a young guy and pretty emotional, must be tough for him.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Not ideal. Other GM's will treat him like Trouba and know that you are limited to who you can trade him too.

From what I understand in the Trouba situation, his wife wanted to be in a big city to practice medicine, and New York was significantly at the top of her list. But that could just be an excuse for them wanting to get out of Winnipeg/Canada.

Although I don't see 27 teams being available as an issue, just potentially having to move him could be an issue.

The upside is, if he has a big year and gets back to being in the relm of Panarin and Kane, we hit the jackpot.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
And why has Domi played more games? Because he isn't injury prone like Mantha. He has missed a substantial amount of games 3 of the four years he has played in the NHL. If MB goes after Mantha and wants to give up on Domi. Okay. But it's not us whi adds. It's Detroit. I'm not sold on Mantha.

And the fact that Domi has start his career in the NHL in 2015-2016 and Mantha in 2016-2017. I agree that we should't add a significant piece like Caufield or a 1st pick but if we need to add a pick or a b/c prospect I don't have any problem with that.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
From what I understand in the Trouba situation, his wife wanted to be in a big city to practice medicine, and New York was significantly at the top of her list. But that could just be an excuse for them wanting to get out of Winnipeg/Canada.

Although I don't see 27 teams being available as an issue, just potentially having to move him could be an issue.

The upside is, if he has a big year and gets back to being in the relm of Panarin and Kane, we hit the jackpot.

I assume a doctor in NY gets at least 3x the salary of a doctor in Winnipeg. Plus you don’t have to live in Winnipeg.

Reactions: HBDay and 26Mats

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Danault: "J'ai vu mon rôle changer en playoffs mais avec ce que j'ai prouvé, mon rôle ne devrait pas changer à Montréal."

Ughhhh who needs to tell him or are we gonna need to trade him too?

Reactions: HOPE

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
From what I understand in the Trouba situation, his wife wanted to be in a big city to practice medicine, and New York was significantly at the top of her list. But that could just be an excuse for them wanting to get out of Winnipeg.

Gaudreau has a 5 team trade list that kicks in after next season not 27.

On Trouba did the Rangers really win that trade? They gave up Pionk (who put up 45 points in 71 games last season) and a first. The Rangers also had to give Trouba an $8 million contract over 7 years to extend him making him the 6th highest defenceman cap hit.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
LOL. So was Domi the year before and he did it over a larger sample size. Not 43 games.

Detroit was so bad they got a 2.00 GF so no offense at all.
Mantha is RFA we control our destiny more than Gaudreau
Domi is a 50 points player who got a Clarkson Wennberg W Karlsson season

Id take Laine over Mantha, Im just not too fond of Gaudreau (if we keep Drouin and Tatar)

Reactions: Destopcorner

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Ok, sure.

If the Habs had a 22 year old like Laine (a 22 year old 6’ 5” winger who was about to put up his 4th straight 30 goal season to start his career) you’d be open to trading him for Domi, Mete, and the 16th pick? Look at what 29 year old Pacioretty got going into his UFA season after putting up a 17 goal 37 point season.
I was being sarcastic. The original offer was ridiculous. Jesus.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Gaudreau has a 5 team trade list that kicks in after next season not 27.

On Trouba did the Rangers really win that trade? They gave up Pionk (who put up 45 points in 71 games last season) and a first. The Rangers also had to give Trouba an $8 million contract over 7 years to extend him making him the 6th highest defenceman cap hit.

Ah in the post I was replying to it said 5 team no-trade clause. A 5 team trade list, could decrease his value.

At any rate, from the press, many teams are lining up for him, so unlikely he comes at a reasonable price.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
So why are Domi's numbers a lot better than Mantha's? Domi 251. Mantha 173. Over 5 years that's almost an 80 point spread. If that's the route you want to take then okay. Domi for Mantha, maybe with the Red Wings adding. After all centers are a premium or is that only when we are looking for them?
Don't you think Mantha provides a dimension our forwards group lack?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Come on man, this move Suzy to right wing stuff is not going to happen.

True it won't happen. That is for certain.

But, I would do it in the short term (half a season) to drive Domi's value back up by playing him at center.

Better to get a good young player we'll have for 10 years for Domi and have KK benefit from playing with Suzuki for half a year, imo.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I was being sarcastic. The original offer was ridiculous. Jesus.

Ok, totally missed that. I’ve always found detecting sarcasm tough on here. I’ve also seen some ridiculous offers lately on hfboards that posters are serious about.

Reactions: Archijerej

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Oh man. Another delusional player we gotta trade now:

Sad. Cause if the guy wants this salary, he will gonna play for a bad team. Not true hes gonna be a first centerman in a contender team. I rather like to pay 3 millions/year for a 3rd centerman

Reactions: habsfan891

durojean

May 29, 2007
Danault: "J'ai vu mon rôle changer en playoffs mais avec ce que j'ai prouvé, mon rôle ne devrait pas changer à Montréal."

Ughhhh who needs to tell him or are we gonna need to trade him too?

He proved to be a realiable 50 point player with our best offensive player. He proved to be really good defensively and be able to contain other teams best player.

I just think he does not realize his real role should be exactly where he was in the playoffs.

I'm worried.

Reactions: Sterling Archer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad