Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 48

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Mailbag: Top potential free agents (NHL.com)

What top-pair defensemen are available via trade/free agency this offseason? Top-line forwards?

Barrie/Brodie/Byfuglien/Krug/Hamonic/Pietrangelo/Shattenkirk/Schultz/Tanev/Vatanen

Dadonov/Granlund/Hall/Hoffman/Kovalchuk/Toffoli/Thornton

Crawford/Holtby/Lehner/Markstrom

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Would have to be a max offer sheet

Apparently Lou told Barzal he wouldn't get 10M with the covid and current market. If true, 10M x 5 would be 2 x 1st + 2nd + 3rd.

i LOVE Barzal and would definitely think about it, my only problem is 5 years... 7-8 years i would have pulled the trigger easily but yeah not at the cost of 4x 1st.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Apparently Lou told Barzal he wouldn't get 10M with the covid and current market. If true, 10M x 5 would be 2 x 1st + 2nd + 3rd.

i LOVE Barzal and would definitely think about it, my only problem is 5 years... 7-8 years i would have pulled the trigger easily but yeah not at the cost of 4x 1st.

I haven't seen where Lou said that, but he did say he would math any offer sheet.

Barzal at 7 years for 10.5, I believe the Islanders easily match anyways. Barzal likely takes 5 years so he can hit free agency sooner

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
1) Offer sheet for Sergachev.. 50/50 chance he signs it depending on how low Tampa is trying to bridge him. If Tampa has problems moving some of those NTC's, they have a serious issue.

2) Trade Domi to the Sabres for the 7th OA and a future 2nd (not 2020).

3) Draft the Swedish Terror Twins (Raymond and Holtz). Last time we had any impact swedes were who? Naslund who is our last 100 pts guy? What's up with that?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
You rather have Galchenyuk and Patch vs Tatar, Domi, Suzuki, and Norlinder? Sorry man but some of you are off the rails with your Bergevin hate. You going to reply with Sergachev vs Drouin or Subban vs Weber?

Bergevin is solid at making trades when you look at the overall sample size.

Or Weise and Fleishman vs Danault, Romanov and Weise?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
You rather have Galchenyuk and Patch vs Tatar, Domi, Suzuki, and Norlinder? Sorry man but some of you are off the rails with your Bergevin hate. You going to reply with Sergachev vs Drouin or Subban vs Weber?

Bergevin is solid at making trades when you look at the overall sample size.

Yeah sure if you only look at the supporting and not at the negating evidence.

But overall it's not Bergevin's weak point. His weak points are development and overall strategy.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah sure if you only look at the supporting and not at the negating evidence.

But overall it's not Bergevin's weak point. His weak points are development and overall strategy.

Agreed. I can certainly talk about the flaws in his management but trades are not one. Fans who dislike him need to calm it down to him being the worse GM in the history of the NHL.

Reactions: Vachon23

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
1) Offer sheet for Sergachev.. 50/50 chance he signs it depending on how low Tampa is trying to bridge him. If Tampa has problems moving some of those NTC's, they have a serious issue.

3) Draft the Swedish Terror Twins (Raymond and Holtz). Last time we had any impact swedes were who? Naslund who is our last 100 pts guy? What's up with that?

Sergachev was fairly bitter about being traded, doubt he signs an offer sheet here unless it's a big one. Likely declines like Point, because we suck.

Buffalo probably wants a more consistent player than a 45-50 point player of they're paying that high of a price.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Wonder how difficult the Blues will have to move Allen? They need cap space badly and I'm sure they would like to move him. What other team will take on that $4.35M cap hit? I'm sure there are a few who will consider it but if the Blues have no takers... Wonder how the Habs can take advantage of that?

Kulak and the Blues 2nd back to them
for
Dunn and Allen

Even if they trade Allen only, they still have to sign both Dunn and Pietrangelo with about $5.3M in cap space. Seems almost impossible for them to keep both.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sergachev was fairly bitter about being traded, doubt he signs an offer sheet here unless it's a big one. Likely declines like Point, because we suck.

Buffalo probably wants a more consistent player than a 45-50 point player of they're paying that high of a price.

Sergachev might not sign with us. That's a very good possibility. Another option is Dunn. Even if they unload Allen, they sill don't have enough to sign Pietrangelo and Dunn.

You are off the rails if you think the 7th OA dart pick returns a better player than the 25 year old Domi. Domi is a very good top young asset and is proven in the NHL. The 7th OA pick can bust... yes, even in a "deep draft". And I want a future 2nd (not in 2020), if I consider trading Domi for the 7th pick. And depending on who is on the board when the 7th OA pick comes, I still might not make that trade.

You are overvaluing the 7th OA pick. Look up who the Rangers drafted with the Stepan trade? Answer is Lias Andersen. Also, Saying Domi is a 45-50 pts player is insulting to one of our best young players. Give your head a shake. His career numbers so far is 55 pts a season with 18 goals. With the Habs? It's 62 pts with 24 goals. And then factor in the talent Domi has played with so far?

Reactions: DAChampion

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014

I love that scénario but you forgot the signing of Hall :naughty:

Also would think Timmins would draft one of the Swedes and Sanderson/Drysdale if we trade Domi for 7th.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I love that scénario but you forgot the signing of Hall :naughty:

Also would think Timmins would draft one of the Swedes and Sanderson/Drysdale if we trade Domi for 7th.

I would love to sign Hall but I think he goes home to the Flames. Not sure how they figure out the cap though cause they need to sign several guys on D

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Sergachev might not sign with us. That's a very good possibility. Another option is Dunn. Even if they unload Allen, they sill don't have enough to sign Pietrangelo and Dunn.

You are off the rails if you think the 7th OA dart pick returns a better player than the 25 year old Domi. Domi is a very good top young asset and is proven in the NHL. The 7th OA pick can bust... yes, even in a "deep draft". And I want a future 2nd (not in 2020), if I consider trading Domi for the 7th pick. And depending on who is on the board when the 7th OA pick comes, I still might not make that trade.

You are overvaluing the 7th OA pick. Look up who the Rangers drafted with the Stepan trade? Answer is Lias Andersen. Also, Saying Domi is a 45-50 pts player is insulting to one of our best young players. Give your head a shake. His career numbers so far is 55 pts a season with 18 goals. With the Habs? It's 62 pts with 24 goals. And then factor in the talent Domi has played with so far?

Your only premise is based on Domi's outlier.

He broke 50 points twice in his 5 year career with a possibility that he might have reached, or surpassed that this year.

The guy has reached, or surpassed 55 points once in his career and that was his outlier to date.

Same with 62 points and clearly wasn't going to get that this season.

His 18 goals he's reach twice with a chance he could have reached it this year.

His 24 goals he's reached once, his outlier. He's reached 20 goals once in his career.

Give your head a shake. You think Domi is worth so much and you're here manipulating stats to try and prove it because he's not.

Speaking of Stepan, who was actually a 55 point centre, he also got dealt with Raantta, a good, young goalie for that pick and Angelo. At the time, Angelo was going to his 3rd NHL team and had proved very little. The Rangers missed on that pick, so that suddenly makes those picks not as valuable ?

Seriously, is there anyone in this organization you can view rationally?

Somebody sucks, you say they're ok. Somebody is ok, you say they're good. Somebody is good, you say they're great

We don't have a lot of positivity for this team, but you constantly go overboard.

Reactions: Snowman

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Your only premise is based on Domi's outlier.

He broke 50 points twice in his 5 year career with a possibility that he might have reached, or surpassed that this year.

The guy has reached, or surpassed 55 points once in his career and that was his outlier to date.

Same with 62 points and clearly wasn't going to get that this season.

His 18 goals he's reach twice with a chance he could have reached it this year.

His 24 goals he's reached once, his outlier. He's reached 20 goals once in his career.

Give your head a shake. You think Domi is worth so much and you're here manipulating stats to try and prove it because he's not.

Speaking of Stepan, who was actually a 55 point centre, he also got dealt with Raantta, a good, young goalie for that pick and Angelo. At the time, Angelo was going to his 3rd NHL team and had proved very little. The Rangers missed on that pick, so that suddenly makes those picks not as valuable ?

Seriously, is there anyone in this organization you can view rationally?

Somebody sucks, you say they're ok. Somebody is ok, you say they're good. Somebody is good, you say they're great

We don't have a lot of positivity for this team, but you constantly go overboard.

Two things.

1) Domi at 25 with two more RFA years left are worth more than the 7th OA pick. You tried to say the Sabres would get something better

2) Domi has not played with too much top 6 talent in his career so far. He's not a 40-55 pts player. He is a 55-80 pts player depending on how you surround him. It's 2020, not 2018. What Domi has done with the Habs means more than what he has done with the Coyotes.

Give Domi a break man. He's much better than you give him credit for. I think you need take a step back and rethink your tire deflation. Even with a year you are not happy with, Domi was on pace for 51 pts. Can you list the wingers he had all year? The list is long

- Raanta was 29 when he was traded. A good young goalie?
- Stepan was 28 when he was traded.

Domi is 25 just about to touch prime years. Sorry man but you are off the rails on Domi's trade value. You are trying to say you rather have a consistent Stepan who puts up 55 pts vs Domi who can and has put up 72 pts playing with Shaw and the other winger at times Drouin.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Two things.

1) Domi at 25 with two more RFA years left are worth more than the 7th OA pick. You tried to say the Sabres would get something better

2) Domi has not played with too much top 6 talent in his career so far. He's not a 40-55 pts player. He is a 55-80 pts player depending on how you surround him. It's 2020, not 2018. What Domi has done with the Habs means more than what he has done with the Coyotes.

Give Domi a break man. He's much better than you give him credit for. I think you need take a step back and rethink your tire deflation. Even with a year you are not happy with, Domi was on pace for 51 pts. Can you list the wingers he had all year? The list is long

- Raanta was 29 when he was traded. A good young goalie?
- Stepan was 28 when he was traded.

Domi is 25 just about to touch prime years. Sorry man but you are off the rails on Domi's trade value. You are trying to say you rather have a consistent Stepan who puts up 55 pts vs Domi who can and has put up 72 pts playing with Shaw and the other winger at times Drouin.

I didn't know being in your late 20s, despite this being the NHL, still wasn't young with years left in front of that player.

Stepan was not only consistent in that you knew what you were getting, he was also reliable defensively, which Domi isn't.

If this team is why he's being brought down and he would magically become an 80 point player on another team, why was Tatar able to produce fine ? I guess Phil Danault is an offensive stud and Gallagher just has insane playmaking skills ?

Turn this scenario around. We're Buffalo and a Montreal fan offers Domi for our 1st and a 2nd in '21, or '22 ? Are you doing it ? Hell no, you're not. You're pointing out the exact same things I am and you know it.

Domi going to Buffalo only gets to play with Eichel on the pp, unless they move him to wing, in which case they're still needing a 2nd line centre and this was a pointless trade for them.

Can Domi improve and be a 55-60 point player? Sure, but he's disinterested and seemed more like he preferred to put than play. A Domi that isn't taking stupid penalties and trying to cause shit doesn't care.

There's a reason why people are willing to trade Domi. Not as a giveaway, but just trade him. He's just not that good.

We got Danault, who's perfect for the 3re line role and can fit in on the 2nd line.

Suzuki has looked good and shows promise.

We know what Domi can do, but it's not in him to do it consistently.

Kotkaniemi has shown he's a fringe NHLer so far.

So far, Domi seems like the best bet, but again, we're, yourself included, are willing to trade him because he's not what we need. He's better than what we have, but he's not what we need, so get what we can before others realize that, but it might be too late to do so. I think everyone already seems him as a player that isn't the most reliable in his end, streaky and can be disinterested at times.

Reactions: DarkSender and Uwey

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I didn't know being in your late 20s, despite this being the NHL, still wasn't young with years left in front of that player.

Stepan was not only consistent in that you knew what you were getting, he was also reliable defensively, which Domi isn't.

If this team is why he's being brought down and he would magically become an 80 point player on another team, why was Tatar able to produce fine ? I guess Phil Danault is an offensive stud and Gallagher just has insane playmaking skills ?

Turn this scenario around. We're Buffalo and a Montreal fan offers Domi for our 1st and a 2nd in '21, or '22 ? Are you doing it ? Hell no, you're not. You're pointing out the exact same things I am and you know it.

Domi going to Buffalo only gets to play with Eichel on the pp, unless they move him to wing, in which case they're still needing a 2nd line centre and this was a pointless trade for them.

Can Domi improve and be a 55-60 point player? Sure, but he's disinterested and seemed more like he preferred to put than play. A Domi that isn't taking stupid penalties and trying to cause shit doesn't care.

There's a reason why people are willing to trade Domi. Not as a giveaway, but just trade him. He's just not that good.

We got Danault, who's perfect for the 3re line role and can fit in on the 2nd line.

Suzuki has looked good and shows promise.

We know what Domi can do, but it's not in him to do it consistently.

Kotkaniemi has shown he's a fringe NHLer so far.

So far, Domi seems like the best bet, but again, we're, yourself included, are willing to trade him because he's not what we need. He's better than what we have, but he's not what we need, so get what we can before others realize that, but it might be too late to do so. I think everyone already seems him as a player that isn't the most reliable in his end, streaky and can be disinterested at times.

The 25 year old Domi has proven enough with the Habs to be worth more than a 7th OA dart that could turn into Domi or bust. You won't be able to tell me anything I already don't know.

JimboJay

Oct 9, 2018

I agree with you in principle (not wanting to give up 4 firsts) but look at some of our recent 1sts.

Would you give up Juulsen Sherbak, Mccarron and Chucky for Barzal? I know we've had some potentially good ones in Caufield and JK lately but...

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad