Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 48

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
This is not a contender next season? Where are the holes? I see a great mix of vets and youth and Lots of depth for the now and future. I doubt the kids become better than this roster in 3/4+ years without Price and Weber

Lafreniere / Kopitar / Drouin
Tatar / Danault / Gallagher
Kovalchuk / Suzuki / Armia
Poehling / Evans / Byron

Lehkonen

Romanov / Weber
Brodin / Petry
Chiarot / Juulsen

Mete, Kulak

Price
Primeau

Caufield, Ylonen, Hillis, Fleury, Norlinder, Harris, Struble.

I think you are overrating Romanov if you think he can be a contender top pair D next year. With your pieces, I'd say this is more likely next year:
Brodin - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Mete - Romanov
Kulak, Juulsen

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
I get that everyone thinks the longer term play is to build for Lafreniere in the off chance we get him. But honestly do you think that would happen?

The Habs can’t afford to miss the playoffs again under Bergevin and Julien. One goes they both do as this is MB’s second coach. And then Bergevin is going to be under so much pressure by the media to end the playoff drought.

Be prepared for a trade like some people have proposed as a package of picks + prospect for Dunn and Allen off the Blues as a cap dump play. I personally would prefer they just sold at next deadline regardless of Lafreniere but I mean this is what I expect to happen so I’ve accepted it

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I get that everyone thinks the longer term play is to build for Lafreniere in the off chance we get him. But honestly do you think that would happen?

The Habs can’t afford to miss the playoffs again under Bergevin and Julien. One goes they both do as this is MB’s second coach. And then Bergevin is going to be under so much pressure by the media to end the playoff drought.

Be prepared for a trade like some people have proposed as a package of picks + prospect for Dunn and Allen off the Blues as a cap dump play. I personally would prefer they just sold at next deadline regardless of Lafreniere but I mean this is what I expect to happen so I’ve accepted it

Molson defies all known breaking points to a GM's job.

At this point, I'm expecting Bergevin in perpetuaty, no matter if it's his 25th coach or makes the playoffs twice in 10 years.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You're banking on a rookie to have a huge impact. What if he comes in and plays like Kotkaniemi, with 30 points and then 8 points? What do you do then?

The smart thing to do is see what you have with Laf in his rookie season and if he has a Matthews-type impact, then go all in in the 2021-22 offseason when the Habs have loads of cap space from all of the mediocre players finishing their contracts.

It's one line of 3 very good ones. Lafreniere playing with Kopitar would be a great situation to allow him to not be a target. That roster I showed has very little flaws and I would enjoy watching for sure. Cup or no cup... they would be a team hard to beat

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It is mediocre because you're replacing Domi's production with Kopitar's, which is a slight increase. You're adding a defensive defenceman in Brodin, not at all solving the issue that the defence produces nothing offensively apart from Weber and Petry. And you're inserting Lafreniere who is a rookie, expecting him to produce like a top 6 forward right away. I don't see how you think for certain this team is competing. They'd still easily be a step behind Tampa, Boston, Washington and Pittsburgh.

Team D with Kopitar and Brodin would be night and day difference. It's far from mediocre but keep trying

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
My thoughts exactly. I really like Domi too.

Cozens as a prospect is not worth Domi. Remember Borgstrom+ for Patch who was a pending UFA? It's possible the Sabres might not want to trade Cozens but lets not pretend he is a sure shot top 2C.

Domi is a proven top 6F who can play center and is heading into prime years with two more RFA years under control. Habs would be dumb to trade Domi for any futures package

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think you are overrating Romanov if you think he can be a contender top pair D next year. With your pieces, I'd say this is more likely next year:
Brodin - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Mete - Romanov
Kulak, Juulsen

Sure, if Romanov can't handle it, you play him with Juulsen. And it's not just about next season only with that roster though ;) Regardless, I would keep Brodin with Petry and move Chiarot back with Weber. I am not so sure Chiarot fits well with Petry to be honest. Brodin does though. Both play similar games. But hey, I'm sure they try different pairings to find the right chemistry.

Best D we would have in decades! Adding Kopitar and Brodin helps our team D tremendously in front of Price and then you got young guys like Lafreniere, Suzuki, Romaonv getting better each day? I think we would like that situation very very much. But some Habs fans pretending they wouldn't :laugh:

Reactions: Benstheman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->