Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 48

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I agree with you in principle (not wanting to give up 4 firsts) but look at some of our recent 1sts.

Would you give up Juulsen Sherbak, Mccarron and Chucky for Barzal? I know we've had some potentially good ones in Caufield and JK lately but...

Imagine... Tavares to Toronto and Barzal to Montreal. They would hate Canada and I would not blame them. I doubt they get cheap with Barzal just when they are about to try to fill their new Arena.

Barzal offer sheet won't happen. Sergachev, Cirelli, or Dunn offer sheet might though

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
The 25 year old Domi has proven enough with the Habs to be worth more than a 7th OA dart that could turn into Domi or bust. You won't be able to tell me anything I already don't know.

Is the 7th OA really a dart throw? If Montreal was picking 7th and 8th they’d be getting two of the following group of players: Rossi, Perfetti, Sanderson, Raymond, Holtz, Askarov, Quinn. Maybe an outside chance of Drysdale. Can any of these players turn out to be better than Domi?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Is the 7th OA really a dart throw? If Montreal was picking 7th and 8th they’d be getting two of the following group of players: Rossi, Perfetti, Sanderson, Raymond, Holtz, Askarov, Quinn. Maybe an outside chance of Drysdale. Can any of these players turn out to be better than Domi?

I don't any top 10 where some don't bust or disappoint.... even in deep drafts.

What's the probability Rossi, Perfetti, Sanderson, Raymond, Holtz, Quinn, Askarov is as good or better than Domi? Domi is 25, has 2 more RFA years and is heading into prime years. He's worth more than the 7th OA. I would consider trading Domi but Sabres would have to at least give me a future 2nd. Even then, I'm waiting to see who is on the board.

Getting both the Swedish Terror Twins is something that interest me though.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I don't any top 10 where some don't bust or disappoint.... even in deep drafts.

What's the probability Rossi, Perfetti, Sanderson, Raymond, Holtz, Quinn, Askarov is as good or better than Domi? Domi is 25, has 2 more RFA years and is heading into prime years. He's worth more than the 7th OA. I would consider trading Domi but Sabres would have to at least give me a future 2nd. Even then, I'm waiting to see who is on the board.

Getting both the Swedish Terror Twins is something that interest me though.

I’d do that trade.

I don’t think the Habs have a window in the next 2-3 years, especially with two of the best teams in Boston and Tampa in their division.

But having Kotkaniemi, Suzuki, Romanov, Caufield, Primeau, Raymond, Holtz coming up together would be great.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I’d do that trade.

I don’t think the Habs have a window in the next 2-3 years, especially with two of the best teams in Boston and Tampa in their division.

But having Kotkaniemi, Suzuki, Romanov, Caufield, Primeau, Raymond, Holtz coming up together would be great.

Last impact Swede we had was Naslund who is our last 100 pts guy. What's with the lack of Swedes on the Habs? Am I forgetting anybody?

I might make that trade but depends on who is on the board at 7.

Last edited:
Reactions: DAChampion

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I’d do that trade.

A agree between team that are closing, and opening there cup windows I don’t see MTL being able to luck the way to a cup short term the plan should be to aim to take the next 2-3 to reste and speed up the rebuild.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Funny but true. Just very bizarre and ironic isn't it?
Yes.

The Habs have apparently hired a legendary scout from Sweden, but so far there isn't much to show it.

In my time on forums, there's been buzz fir each of Torp, Colberg, Nygren, De La Rose, probably a few that I'm forgetting, and now we discuss Olofsson and Norlinder. We'll see what happens, but overall drafting and development has clearly been the issue.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
New plan... Building now and for the future. You Rebuild Fans should still be happy with that.

1) Domi to the Sabres for 7th OA and a 21 or 22 2nd.
2) Draft the Swedish Terror Twins... Raymond and Holtz
3) Go real hard after Hall. Connor just got $7.14M for 7 years and he is close to Hall's production. If not Hall, Hoffman or Toffoli
4) Trade for Leddy. Islanders need cap space badly
4) Sign Kovalchuk and Crawford

* Worried about cap space issues for 21/22? Well, we have lots of picks to use if we want to unload one or two of Byron or Chiarot. And we can let go one of Lehkonen or Armia if we have too. Plus we will lose someone in the expansion draft anyways.

* Don't think we can get Hall for $8M? We still have $1.5M in cap space left ;). And we can load his contract up with July money upfront.

YaSJS0F.jpg

0uRJIAm.jpg

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
If we’re talking off-season (whenever the heck that’s going to be) the Habs have to go all in on Lafreniere. I know it all depends on where the lottery balls drop, but the league owes us one for the John Scott fiasco still, and I hope Mr 24 is able to call in his marker. I’d give up a kings ransom for the number one choice. I know it’s a fantasy but this is all a fantasy haha! Anyway I’d still try to make the following deals:

To Columbus: Ryan Poehling, Paul Byron

To Montreal: Josh Anderson, 4th round pick 2021

UFA Signings:

Torey Krug - puck moving defenseman on the left side that we desperately need. Probably have to be a 4-5 year deal at a fairly high cap hit but I think he’s worth it, and immediately fills a gaping hole.

Mikko Koivu - Fills a need and has a nostalgic family connection to the team. Sign him for a year and allow Kotkaniemi to develop in the AHL with no pressure.

Habs lineup after deals:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lafreniere - Suzuki - Anderson
Drouin - Domi - Armia
Lehkonen - Koivu - Weal

Krug - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Romanov - Fleury
Mete

Price
Primeau

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
If we’re talking off-season (whenever the heck that’s going to be) the Habs have to go all in on Lafreniere. I know it all depends on where the lottery balls drop, but the league owes us one for the John Scott fiasco still, and I hope Mr 24 is able to call in his marker. I’d give up a kings ransom for the number one choice. I know it’s a fantasy but this is all a fantasy haha! Anyway I’d still try to make the following deals:

To Columbus: Ryan Poehling, Paul Byron

To Montreal: Josh Anderson, 4th round pick 2021

UFA Signings:

Torey Krug - puck moving defenseman on the left side that we desperately need. Probably have to be a 4-5 year deal at a fairly high cap hit but I think he’s worth it, and immediately fills a gaping hole.

Mikko Koivu - Fills a need and has a nostalgic family connection to the team. Sign him for a year and allow Kotkaniemi to develop in the AHL with no pressure.

Habs lineup after deals:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lafreniere - Suzuki - Anderson
Drouin - Domi - Armia
Lehkonen - Koivu - Weal

Krug - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Romanov - Fleury
Mete

Price
Primeau

Mikko Koivu would never play for another team not name wiwi. he also will never play for a team his brother played for. That is just a fact he bgg as talked about

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
We only want one 37 year old and his name is Kovalchuk, not Koivu.

Back at the draft, there were rumors that the Habs wanted to trade for Kovalchuk (seems like it almost happened), and rumors that the Habs wanted to draft Koivu.

I remember that Saku said that even if the Habs drafted Mikko, they might never play together as there was no guarantee that he would still be on the Habs a few years down the line. The media responded like it was a big scandal.

In the end, no trade happened, Koivu was drafted 6th, and the Habs drafted Mike Komisarek.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Mikko Koivu would never play for another team not name wiwi. he also will never play for a team his brother played for. That is just a fact he bgg as talked about

It's a good thing Mikko won't move the needle for that prosed lineup as a 4th line C, nor does he have any role, as suggested, in helping KK develop at the AHL level!

So, being dismissive of the post by simply dismissing the possibility of Mikko Koivu signing with Montreal sounds a bit trite to me, although that probably wasn't your intention.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
It's a good thing Mikko won't move the needle for that prosed lineup as a 4th line C, nor does he have any role, as suggested, in helping KK develop at the AHL level!

So, being dismissive of the post by simply dismissing the possibility of Mikko Koivu signing with Montreal sounds a bit trite to me, although that probably wasn't your intention.

Wasn't my intention at all. Koivu did an interview talking about thus, like hating being in his brother shadow & it why he would never play for a team his brother plays for.

Also, mentioned how he only wants to play for 1 team in career, if he can't, will go back home to Finland

Reactions: Scriptor

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Back at the draft, there were rumors that the Habs wanted to trade for Kovalchuk (seems like it almost happened), and rumors that the Habs wanted to draft Koivu.

I remember that Saku said that even if the Habs drafted Mikko, they might never play together as there was no guarantee that he would still be on the Habs a few years down the line. The media responded like it was a big scandal.

In the end, no trade happened, Koivu was drafted 6th, and the Habs drafted Mike Komisarek.

So they still ended up drafting someone with the initials M.K.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

who can forget the Komasaurus? Lucic's punching bag

Reactions: DAChampion

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
New plan... Building now and for the future. You Rebuild Fans should still be happy with that.

3) Go real hard after Hall. Connor just got $7.14M for 7 years and he is close to Hall's production. If not Hall, Hoffman or Toffoli

* Worried about cap space issues for 21/22? Well, we have lots of picks to use if we want to unload one or two of Byron or Chiarot. And we can let go one of Lehkonen or Armia if we have too. Plus we will lose someone in the expansion draft anyways.

* Don't think we can get Hall for $8M? We still have $1.5M in cap space left ;). And we can load his contract up with July money upfront.

YaSJS0F.jpg

0uRJIAm.jpg

That contract only bought a few UFA years from Connor. This contract is for a UFA,so you're looking at north of 9 mill easily

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I wanted a week of trades before the playoffs but since the draft will happen first, I just realised that trades will be probably be allowed to happen there, right? Have they mentioned what is going to happen with the UFAs? just wait after the playoffs?

JimboJay

Oct 9, 2018
What's the probability Rossi, Perfetti, Sanderson, Raymond, Holtz, Quinn, Askarov is as good or better than Domi? Domi is 25, has 2 more RFA years and is heading into prime years. He's worth more than the 7th OA.

Depends on the team. To some he'd be worth more (or less) than 7OA. He's a proven entity but he's also going to make a lot more money than a kid on an entry level deal. Its a lot like Drouin for Sergachev: Drouin was a youn, proven NHLer with a .72ppg average. Sergachev was a (very highly touted) prospect.

So on the right team, cap space may tip the scales. To us, Id agree that Domi is probably worth more than that pick.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017

YaSJS0F.jpg

0uRJIAm.jpg

Not much improvement on the D.
Leddy’s not that good, not that young, not that cheap.

forwards look good, but a bit of an overload with Caufield and the 2 Swedes coming in. .. and possibly Ylonen.

the habs have 3 chips to use:
- UFA money
- their draft pick
- Domi

in your scenario, all 3 bring in a forward.

I think at least one should be used on a D. Perhaps they could add the Swedes and sign Krug instead of Hall. Or perhaps Domi brings in a top D, and they add Hall and Holtz (private eyes!).
More balance.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
I wanted a week of trades before the playoffs but since the draft will happen first, I just realised that trades will be probably be allowed to happen there, right? Have they mentioned what is going to happen with the UFAs? just wait after the playoffs?

Trades aren't allowed at draft. Gary bettman forbid it

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Not much improvement on the D.
Leddy’s not that good, not that young, not that cheap.

forwards look good, but a bit of an overload with Caufield and the 2 Swedes coming in. .. and possibly Ylonen.

the habs have 3 chips to use:
- UFA money
- their draft pick
- Domi

in your scenario, all 3 bring in a forward.

I think at least one should be used on a D. Perhaps they could add the Swedes and sign Krug instead of Hall. Or perhaps Domi brings in a top D, and they add Hall and Holtz (private eyes!).
More balance.

What I'd prefer. I'd also try to move Ylonen and a 2nd rounder for Anderson.

A few years, down the line, of:

Hall - Suzuki - Caufield
Holtz (plays with wings) - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Drouin - Poehling - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Evans - Armia

Starts becoming a Cap concern at some point, unless we move on from Price as our #1G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad