Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 48

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
What I'd prefer. I'd also try to move Ylonen and a 2nd rounder for Anderson.

A few years, down the line, of:

Hall - Suzuki - Caufield
Holtz (plays with wings) - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Drouin - Poehling - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Evans - Armia

Starts becoming a Cap concern at some point, unless we move on from Price as our #1G.
Let Price go to Seattle, Primeau will be ready by the time that core is

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I wanted a week of trades before the playoffs but since the draft will happen first, I just realised that trades will be probably be allowed to happen there, right? Have they mentioned what is going to happen with the UFAs? just wait after the playoffs?

NHL hasn't announced when the draft will take place ?

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Trades aren't allowed at draft. Gary bettman forbid it

Hockey trades weren’t going to be allowed if they held the draft before the playoffs. The draft will be after the playoffs so trades will be allowed. The 7 non competing teams can trade among themselves now.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
With Seattle taking Price, if we could find a mutual interest beforehand, that could be a lifesaver for our cap situation going forward. This entirely relies on Primeau being the guy though lol.

Future core lineup could easily end up being something like:

?? - Suzuki - Gallagher
?? - Kotkaniemi - Caufield
?? - Danault - ??

?? - Weber
Romanov - Petry

Primeau

Next off-season prioritize resigning Danault and Gallagher (3-5 yr deals if possible). If Price is taken by Seattle we could even have the money to keep one of or maybe both of Tatar and Petry. Trade Domi this year for Buf’s first or a LHD with 2-3 years left on contract.

At first appearances we should be able to afford that roster and seems to be a good enough starting point. We desperately need a top LW and more size up front. We also need to get ourselves a top pairing partner for Weber.

A top 5 pick this draft would of really helped

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Depends on the team. To some he'd be worth more (or less) than 7OA. He's a proven entity but he's also going to make a lot more money than a kid on an entry level deal. Its a lot like Drouin for Sergachev: Drouin was a youn, proven NHLer with a .72ppg average. Sergachev was a (very highly touted) prospect.

So on the right team, cap space may tip the scales. To us, Id agree that Domi is probably worth more than that pick.

To the Sabres, Domi being inserted now to help Eichel is probably worth more than the 7th pick dart as well.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not much improvement on the D.
Leddy’s not that good, not that young, not that cheap.

forwards look good, but a bit of an overload with Caufield and the 2 Swedes coming in. .. and possibly Ylonen.

the habs have 3 chips to use:
- UFA money
- their draft pick
- Domi

in your scenario, all 3 bring in a forward.

I think at least one should be used on a D. Perhaps they could add the Swedes and sign Krug instead of Hall. Or perhaps Domi brings in a top D, and they add Hall and Holtz (private eyes!).
More balance.

I think Leddy would provide value. Rather Brodin but I would be happy with Leddy playing with Weber. Probably the best roster we have had in recent memory and we did not mortgage the future. If we can pull that off, it would be considered a positive

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
If Seattle doesn't pick Price, despite his exposure, the Habs' decision to leave him exposed could fester and undermine the club chemistry. We'd pretty much have to trade him, while retaining salary.

Oh yeah, absolutely. I think that's why Pittsburgh actually paid Vegas to take Fleury.
Price is better today than Fleury was then - so i think he'd be a great pick to kickstart Seattle. But you mostly don't want to deal with the dram of exposing him, and then seeing him unselected, as it just shows that team lost faith in him/consider him worthless. Would be horrible.

I'd be shocked to see this happen though.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
With Seattle taking Price, if we could find a mutual interest beforehand, that could be a lifesaver for our cap situation going forward. This entirely relies on Primeau being the guy though lol.

Future core lineup could easily end up being something like:

?? - Suzuki - Gallagher
?? - Kotkaniemi - Caufield
?? - Danault - ??

?? - Weber
Romanov - Petry

Primeau

Next off-season prioritize resigning Danault and Gallagher (3-5 yr deals if possible). If Price is taken by Seattle we could even have the money to keep one of or maybe both of Tatar and Petry. Trade Domi this year for Buf’s first or a LHD with 2-3 years left on contract.

At first appearances we should be able to afford that roster and seems to be a good enough starting point. We desperately need a top LW and more size up front. We also need to get ourselves a top pairing partner for Weber.

A top 5 pick this draft would of really helped
A top 3 draft pick is the only way to pick top 5. Basically have to win a lottery pick.

I also don't see Price being exposed. He's still very good.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Wait why are they having a lottery if other teams will get booted from play-in round and they need to redo it? Where is the common sense in this?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Wait why are they having a lottery if other teams will get booted from play-in round and they need to redo it? Where is the common sense in this?

It's the NHL who:

Could have capitalized on no sports and did a virtual draft over 3 days, make a bunch of money, but didn't because:
- They didn't want a team winning the 1st overall and the cup.
- As if they didn't have an expansion team go to the cup finals in their first season. Optics?? Who cares.

They could have did an aggregated round-robin with 24-22 teams to put more weight into the regular season and ensure all pre round-1 games have equal weight assigned to them. They didn't.

They could have did one lottery at the end of the play-in round. They decided for this convoluted mess. Doing it on the backs of not even being convinced they WILL finish this season.

They took the wrong approach at every turn.

Reactions: blarneylad

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
It's the NHL who:

Could have capitalized on no sports and did a virtual draft over 3 days, make a bunch of money, but didn't because:
- They didn't want a team winning the 1st overall and the cup.
- As if they didn't have an expansion team go to the cup finals in their first season. Optics?? Who cares.

They could have did an aggregated round-robin with 24-22 teams to put more weight into the regular season and ensure all pre round-1 games have equal weight assigned to them. They didn't.

They could have did one lottery at the end of the play-in round. They decided for this convoluted mess. Doing it on the backs of not even being convinced they WILL finish this season.

They took the wrong approach at every turn.
I wish I could have a seat at this table and make 200k+ and if I came out with this garbage still have a job.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
If Seattle doesn't pick Price, despite his exposure, the Habs' decision to leave him exposed could fester and undermine the club chemistry. We'd pretty much have to trade him, while retaining salary.
Agreed, but I can't see Seattle passing up the chance to acquire Carey Price for free given his reputation among this league's GMs. (He's still the best in the league :nod:)

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Trading Price to Seattle, because he will be protected, he has a nmc, might trigger the need for Askarov.

Even then we have to many picks (3 2nd)

So we could (depending on the draft tonight), go lower

Like mtl 8 and 40 plus a 3rd for NYR 13 and 23

Or Go lower 8 for 12 and 43

Then 40, 43, 61 for 14 to 21

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Trading Price to Seattle, because he will be protected, he has a nmc, might trigger the need for Askarov.

You can never have too many picks, it's just more chances to get "the" player

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Oh yeah, absolutely. I think that's why Pittsburgh actually paid Vegas to take Fleury.
Price is better today than Fleury was then - so i think he'd be a great pick to kickstart Seattle. But you mostly don't want to deal with the dram of exposing him, and then seeing him unselected, as it just shows that team lost faith in him/consider him worthless. Would be horrible.

I'd be shocked to see this happen though.
the down side was teams were lowballing us in trade offers early in the year....but after the deal was made and the closer we got to the draft, we got some much better offers..... but then we couldn't do a deal.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Montreal gives up too much value on the first trade, and no team would accept three 2nds for a mid-first.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I don’t believe Price can be left unprotected due to NMC..did something change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad