C Anton Wahlberg - Malmö Redhawks J20, J20 Nationell (2023, 39th, BUF)

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Think Wahlberg's been solid so far. Great against Canada and Slovakia, but had some bozo moments against Czech. Turnovers and two offensive zone penalties. I think he's a winger in the NHL and like his upside as a goal scoring power forward.

Some Wahlberg moments - I love this play here. Strength to win the board battle, immediately takes it to the net, hands to create space, and then vision to feed Dower Nilsson.

1682343368854.gif

Maybe not the greatest play, but showing good speed here -

1682343741692.gif

This is somewhat of a signature play of his. Cuts between the gap of the defenseman and the winger off the halfwall. He's done this multiple times a game.

1682342804384.gif

Game winner against Slovakia -

1682343466630.gif

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He's been good - I agree, I think he's a winger as he goes up levels.

Probably a 2nd round pick with his size, inside game and some offensive skill.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Wahlberg should go early today sometime. He’s a little bit of a project but has size and a crazy compete level. 6’3” Cs don’t grow on trees.

Reactions: Ebbisen

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
His AHL coaching has regularly praised his play since arriving. The highest praise though is getting use late in tight games and in important 5-on-5 situations. He's fit right in and plays up to his size which is refreshing for a team that is mostly on the smaller side.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
If the Sabres don’t turn this group of high end prospects and young players into a true championship core it will be one of the biggest fail jobs of franchise management this century, and I say that with no hyperbole and with full knowledge that this has been the Sabres MO for a better part of two decades.

Absolute embarrassment of riches and yet somehow I am still not convinced it will translate into some super team down the road.

Honestly, I can see a guy like Wahlberg becoming a more important piece down the road than some of the Sabres prospects who currently have a lot more name recognition and hype because of the physical package and play style he offers.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
If the Sabres don’t turn this group of high end prospects and young players into a true championship core it will be one of the biggest fail jobs of franchise management this century, and I say that with no hyperbole and with full knowledge that this has been the Sabres MO for a better part of two decades.

Absolute embarrassment of riches and yet somehow I am still not convinced it will translate into some super team down the road.

Honestly, I can see a guy like Wahlberg becoming a more important piece down the road than some of the Sabres prospects who currently have a lot more name recognition and hype because of the physical package and play style he offers.
Wahlberg has top 6 two way center written all over him. That is incredibly valuable in this new league. Speed, size, tenacity? Yes please

FriarChill

Jan 31, 2023
He was really good in the U18 finals vs the US last year. I really liked him. Great pick in the 2nd round imo. I wanted to keep an eye on him and seems like he is doing just fine in the AHL. Great combo of size, speed and skill imo

Reactions: Realgud

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024

When you miss the playoffs so many consecutive years and are downright terrible for most, I’m not about to call it an accomplishment to have a good pipeline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad