Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 46

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I wouldn't spend quality draft picks on Puljujarvi less than a year from an expansion draft.
So you wouldn’t want to improve the team before the expansion draft? Hope you won’t shit on Bergevin if he doesn’t add because he’s afraid to lose a player in the expansion draft.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
hes 6’5 but when has he ever been physical? He’s also an injury prone player and streaky player.

Injury prone? look at what happened

He is Armia tough which is not about hits but more about not getting move asisde

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
So you wouldn’t want to improve the team before the expansion draft? Hope you won’t shit on Bergevin if he doesn’t add because he’s afraid to lose a player in the expansion draft.

Your reaction bamboozled me, to be frank. I would argue drafting 3 players in the 2nd round will improve the team for when it matters. On the contrary, trading those picks for a player we could then lose a year later for nothing is poor asset management. For the record, I would take a flyer on Puljujarvi post-expansion draft.

Unlike what you infer I have zero expectations for the team next year except developing our young players adequately. Hoping Puljujarvi is the difference between making the playoffs or not is very optimistic. I don't know how you would logically conclude that I would trashtalk Bergevin if he did exactly what I wish he does...

Reactions: jellybeans

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Your reaction bamboozled me, to be frank. I would argue drafting 3 players in the 2nd round will improve the team for when it matters. On the contrary, trading those picks for a player we could then lose a year later for nothing is poor asset management. For the record, I would take a flyer on Puljujarvi post-expansion draft.

Unlike what you infer I have zero expectations for the team next year except developing our young players adequately. Hoping Puljujarvi is the difference between making the playoffs or not is very optimistic. I don't know how you would logically conclude that I would trashtalk Bergevin if he did exactly what I wish he does...
Well we can not sign over draft player we pick, not will they all become NHL players. Given that we have one of the deepest and talented prospect pools in the NHL and have another 14 picks in this draft, it would behove us to parlay some of these picks into actual NHL bodies. This year in particular.

So if that means it’s possible we lose a player, than so be it. I’d rather see an improved and deeper roster than continue to languish in the standings and continue to waste the best years of the two star players we do have.

I did not say Poolparty was THE answer. I said he’d be a great addition especially if he continues to progress. If he does and outplay other players, than perhaps we do t protect them instead. If he’s not one of the 7 forwards protected, then might I suggest he’s not worth protecting and likely won’t be picked up. Much like when Hudon was exposed and a good portion of people here were upset for not protecting him. Didn’t turn out so bad then.

So to reiterate, I’d rather we improve than stagnate, which is probably at the core of why you were bamboozled by my post on the first place.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
I wonder if the Habs may try to trade some of their 2020 picks for 2021 picks. If they did play on trying to leverage picks for players it's more likely that they'd be able to do that at the 2021 draft, when a team wouldn't be giving up a player that might be going on a playoff run.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Is he expansion exempt?
No he isn't, but I wouldn't be opposed to make a trade involving a player. I also think it would be wise to hold off negotiations for Tatar, Gally, Danault, Armia and Petry. Firstly, if the Habs are a bottom 10 team once again next year, I wouldn't be opposed to trading away most of them. Secondly, if we still want to keep them, resigning them after the draft means we get to keep all of them.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Habitant le colon

Un partisan
Feb 6, 2008
another planet
Borgstrom Puljujarvi Kaprizov : get those 3 youngster add them to our core.

- Where do you put them
- why
- for what (picks player,ect)

Can be one of them 2 or all of them. Give me yours thoughts!

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020

- Where do you put them
- why

Wild aren't trading Kaprizov! Never ever happening! Don't even know why Montreal fans like you think wild would do so, beside dreaming .

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020

- Where do you put them
- why

Like it's beyond laughable. Kaprizov is already committed to Minnesota & can't play for anyone else. You want to give up 3 or 4 1st? Yeah you are dreaming

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

- Where do you put them
- why

Let's go All in SUOMI!

Draft Lindell.

2nd for Borgstrom,
2nd for Puljujarvi,
2nd for Vesalainen,
2nd for Ristolainen,
2nd for Valimaki,
2nd for Vaakanainen
2nd for Heponiemi
2nd for Kupari
2nd for Juolevi
2nd for Jokiharju
2nd for Tolvanen
2nd for Saros
2nd for Niku
2nd for Honka
2nd for Kapanen

New lines:
Tolvanen - Kotkaniemi - Kapanen
Vesalainen - Borgstrom - Puljujarvi
Heponiemi - Kupari - Ylonen
Lehkonen - Lindell -Armia

Valimaki - Ristolainen
Vaakanainen - Jokiharju
Juolevi - Honka

Saros

:laugh::sarcasm:

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Let's go All in SUOMI!

Draft Lindell.

2nd for Borgstrom,
2nd for Puljujarvi,
2nd for Vesalainen,
2nd for Ristolainen,
2nd for Valimaki,
2nd for Vaakanainen
2nd for Heponiemi
2nd for Kupari
2nd for Juolevi
2nd for Jokiharju
2nd for Tolvanen
2nd for Saros
2nd for Niku
2nd for Honka
2nd for Kapanen

New lines:

Valimaki - Ristolainen
Vaakanainen - Jokiharju
Juolevi - Honka

Saros

You forgot the most important. Start with a Finnish coach and GM. Jukka Jalonen and Jarmo Kekäläinen. Edit: inclined to make an exception for a few Russians, maybe an assistant coach and a few players, beginning with Romanov. Not sure if the two parts of the team can coexist, given their history; hopefully that's water under the bridge.

Habitant le colon

Un partisan
Feb 6, 2008
another planet
Let's go All in SUOMI!

Draft Lindell.

2nd for Borgstrom,
2nd for Puljujarvi,
2nd for Vesalainen,
2nd for Ristolainen,
2nd for Valimaki,
2nd for Vaakanainen
2nd for Heponiemi
2nd for Kupari
2nd for Juolevi
2nd for Jokiharju
2nd for Tolvanen
2nd for Saros
2nd for Niku
2nd for Honka
2nd for Kapanen

New lines:

Valimaki - Ristolainen
Vaakanainen - Jokiharju
Juolevi - Honka

Saros

That's the spirit dear comrade! Lets have some fun.

Like it's beyond laughable. Kaprizov is already committed to Minnesota & can't play for anyone else. You want to give up 3 or 4 1st? Yeah you are dreaming

Ok, so you value him (part 3) : unreachable ... what about part one and two?

Habitant le colon

Un partisan
Feb 6, 2008
another planet
You forgot the most important. Start with a Finnish coach and GM. Jukka Jalonen and Jarmo Kekäläinen. Edit: inclined to make an exception for a few Russians, maybe an assistant coach and a few players, beginning with Romanov. Not sure if the two parts of the team can coexist, given their history; hopefully that's water under the bridge.
could be an amazing thing for the all-stars game one country against the rest of the NHL !!

Year one Canada year 2 Russia year 3 Finlad ... and sooo on!

Jpageman

Mar 10, 2019
Heres a thought that i had last night:
Teams like NJ, FL, Car will have problems dealing with the current covid situation.

money problems

So they could unload heavy contracts for dirt cheap, is what i think. So a big trade that came to my mind is this one:

to NJ: Karl Alzner @ 4.6 m x 2 years, 2020 3rd round pick

to mtl: PK Suban @ 9 m x 2 years

Nj could buy back Alzner’s contract and save approximately 5.5 m per year versus Subban’s contract.
Mtl gets fan boy back! Gets Alzner’s contract off their hands for the same amount off years left. Adds without giving jack sh..
Some could argue why would Nj do that? Answer is simple: money
Who else in the league can take Subban’s contract and ego? Montreal
Chariot- weber
Romanov- petry
Kulak- Subban

or however you can think of it...

voila!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad