Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Proposal: - Trade Proposal Thread: May last to TDL? edition

Assuming they go for a LD, what do you think they could get for a package of

Domi
Mete
2nd (blues)
3rd

Sure. That LHD better be young and freakin' amazing already!

Those are certainly pieces that can be assembled for a real upgrade on LD for the next 10+ years.

I'm honestly thinking that Domi, alone, should be able to get you that LHD, a Dumba or, something similar. But, I'd add mete in a hurry, plus the 3rd to get her done. I'd rather try to package the 2nd, along with another, to move up in the draft or to move Drouin instead of Domi - say to COL for Girard?

Drouin + Blues' 2nd for Girard + COL's 3rd? I think Drouin still has more upside than Domi but, a lower chance of reaching it.

Drouin reunited with McKinnon likely still has some allure for Sakic, IMO...

Reactions: Be a Hab

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland

Domi
Mete
2nd (blues)
3rd
I think the issue is not the package, because it's very good. Problem is, top defencemen in the age bracket that would fit our reset are rarely made available.
If rumors of a deal centered around Domi and Brodin are true, then your package is more than enough.
We should do it imo. Provided we can sign some forwards on free agency.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Domi
Mete
2nd (blues)
3rd

Sakic has Girard, Zadorov, Graves, and Byram on the LD side. Zadorov needs a new contract. I would try to get Girard. Domi and Mete for Girard, Jost, and a pick

Other LD options?

- We could knock on the Ducks door on Lindholm.
- Brodin but that would have to be sign/trade
- Domi for Sergachev?

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think Domi straight up for an extended Brodin does it, without the other pieces.

With the other pieces, are we looking at Lindholm ? Would you rather Lindholm with 2 years left, or Brodin that is extended ?

Domi is worth more than Brodin IMO. I like Brodin but he is not worth that much.... even in a sign/trade. I doubt they do that cause they will be looking for a rebuild and probably are after our prospects if we call about Brodin.

Poehling and a 2nd for Brodin with an extension? Or we can dangle our 6-12 range pick and another 2nd for Brodin. Wild are after a center so maybe they would love to add Rossi or Perfetti if they are on the board. I think that's what they would ask from us.

Reactions: 417

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I wouldn’t do Domi for Brodin one for one much less adding Mete and picks.

You’re trading a 60-70 point, scrappy 25 y.o center who thrives in our market for Brodin? I don’t think so.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Domi is worth more than Brodin IMO. I like Brodin but he is not worth that much.... even in a sign/trade. I doubt they do that cause they will be looking for a rebuild and probably are after our prospects if we call about Brodin.

Poehling and a 2nd for Brodin with an extension? Or we can dangle our 6-12 range pick and another 2nd for Brodin. Wild are after a center so maybe they would love to add Rossi or Perfetti if they are on the board. I think that's what they would ask from us.
I'm not a huge Brodin fan...his only appeal is he's left handed.

Doesn't really fulfill what the Habs need...he's basically a less physical version of Ben Chariot with slightly better puck moving skills.

Meh

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I would say that at one point adding Mete + 2nd+3rd won't change that much what you would get for Domi + 2nd alone . If you want more than a Brodin, you will need to add more than Mete and a 3rd because they won't get you a first pair dman

Depends on circumstance of what player we are after and what direction that team is heading in.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm not a huge Brodin fan...his only appeal is he's left handed.

Doesn't really fulfill what the Habs need...he's basically a less physical version of Ben Chariot with slightly better puck moving skills.

Meh

I tend to agree. I would rather bump Chiarot down with Petry and find a piece like Girard to play with Weber. We need a puck mover for our PP. I am not a huge fan of undersized D men but Girard provides offense. Kind of like a Mete type but produces. Would you do Domi and Mete for Girard and Joist? I'm 50/50 on that one but I think the value is close

I'm open to Brodin but no way Domi is in play for that trade talk. Not even with sign/trade

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Plan for the offseason:

-Big time offersheet to Dubois.
-Trade for Anderson
-Trade one of Domi,Drouin or Poehling for top2 LHD.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Would much rather trade Drouin than Domi personally. Colorado seem like a good destination for him. Drouin + 2nd round for Graves

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Rumors is the cap is going to grow to $84M-$88M range. Lets use $86M

Check out those special team units :naughty:. Want more cap space? Flip Byron or Lehkonen for picks

O8lx9QF.jpg

D3Sn3Hn.jpg

Reactions: angusyoung

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

I dont know how the scales should balance if its Domi v an extended Brodin. Brodin is not a big point guy but he is great next to a no. 1 D ( him setting up Weber ? ) but Domi is not a no.1 C. But its close.

Something tells me that unless its in a package for Pierre Luc Dubois or the 1st overall , our 1st isnt going anywhere this year.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I dont know how the scales should balance if its Domi v an extended Brodin. Brodin is not a big point guy but he is great next to a no. 1 D ( him setting up Weber ? ) but Domi is not a no.1 C. But its close.

Something tells me that unless its in a package for Pierre Luc Dubois or the 1st overall , our 1st isnt going anywhere this year.

Brodin is not much better than Chiarot bud. No way I trade Domi for him.... even in a sign trade

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
If we're dealing with these 2 teams...

Drouin for Graves, Zadorov or Brodin
and/or
Domi for Girard or Dumba

(other elements could be involved to balance things out)

Imagine the D if we did both. lol

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
If we're dealing with these 2 teams...

Drouin for Graves, Zadorov or Brodin
and/or
Domi for Girard or Dumba

(other elements could be involved to balance things out)

Imagine the D if we did both. lol

If we dont trade either Petry or Weber , we have no place for Dumba. And dont think we can afford to trade both Drouin and Domi, our top 6 would be so weak

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Plan for the offseason:

-Big time offersheet to Dubois.
-Trade for Anderson
-Trade one of Domi,Drouin or Poehling for top2 LHD.
I'm thinking with the ineptitude of our Draft department at picking players that our Development department can work with, we may as well throw offer sheets everywhere for everyone remotely interesting. In the current context it makes sense.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I tend to agree. I would rather bump Chiarot down with Petry and find a piece like Girard to play with Weber. We need a puck mover for our PP. I am not a huge fan of undersized D men but Girard provides offense. Kind of like a Mete type but produces. Would you do Domi and Mete for Girard and Joist? I'm 50/50 on that one but I think the value is close

I'm open to Brodin but no way Domi is in play for that trade talk. Not even with sign/trade
I'm not a Girard fan either and and I certainly wouldn't move Domi for him either.

Habs need an all-purpose 23-25 mins LHD, who can both QB the PP and face top lines.

The list of players that fit this profile is exclusive and explains why it's been so difficult to fill.

Hampus Lindholm is a player is look into...

OEL is another

Not sure those teams have an appetite to move them though

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
If we dont trade either Petry or Weber , we have no place for Dumba. And dont think we can afford to trade both Drouin and Domi, our top 6 would be so weak

you're right. it won't happen, but it would be fun to see this for a couple seasons:

brodin - weber
chiarot - petry
romanov - dumba

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad