Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 46

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
well 6 5 winger with breakthrought season (a la Armia)
in the last 2 season if you calculate the goal per game, he his now a 30 gold scorer 2 years in a row.
-7 on a non scoring team.
25 yo, arriving in his peak
Contractual issue with his upcoming raise, making him a new name in the rumor pool.

why do we want Mantha?

hes 6’5 but when has he ever been physical? He’s also an injury prone player and streaky player.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I don't think he'd be that good of a fit. Hasn't his game been on a decline in the last few years and doesn't he prefer playing on the right side?

yes I know that he prefer to be use on the right side and he shouldn’t be the plan A but if we can’t have a better player on the trade market, I think he is still a better option then Kulak and we could use him on the right side if Fleury/Juulsen can make the job or if we trade Petry during the season

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
What would you guys want added to pick 11 to move pick 8?
Definitely wouldn’t want to downgrade as there is a clear drop off after 8. I’d think about 8 for 11 + 24. I’m very against moving down though. It would take a clear overpay.

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Definitely wouldn’t want to downgrade as there is a clear drop off after 8. I’d think about 8 for 11 + 24. I’m very against moving down though. It would take a clear overpay.
It depends who is available. If guys like Sanderson, Askarov, Lundell, Quinn and/or Holloway get drafted higher than expected, I'd do the trade. Laffy,Byfield,Stutzle,Drysdale,Rossi,Holtz,Raymond,Perfetti we should draft one of those guys.

Reactions: Jesperi Suzuki

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
It depends who is available. If guys like Sanderson, Askarov, Lundell, Quinn and/or Holloway get drafted higher than expected, I'd do the trade. Laffy,Byfield,Stutzle,Drysdale,Rossi,Holtz,Raymond,Perfetti we should draft one of those guys.
I agree. The Habs can’t afford to miss out on one of those guys which we are guaranteed at the 8th pick.

Habitant le colon

Un partisan
Feb 6, 2008
another planet
What would you guys want added to pick 11 to move pick 8?

What about :
  1. Max Domi (RFA)
  2. Cole Caufield (Reserve list)
  3. Jeff Petry (5.500X1yr)
  4. 1st 2020 (#8)

VS
  1. Kirill Kaprisov (Reserve List)
  2. Matt Dumba (RFA)
  3. 1st 2020 min (#11) Anton Lundell
  4. 2nd 2020 min (#44) Dylan Peterson

Sign Kovalchuk, Folin (ahl) and Edmundson

Tatar Suzuki Armia
Kaprizov Kotkaniemi Gallagher
Drouin Danault Kovalchuk
Lehkonen Lundell Byron
Weal

Romanov Dumba
Chiarot Weber
Edmundson Juulsen
Kulak Mete

Price
Lindgren

All that under 80M$

Laval

Blandisi Poehling Evans
Dauphin Teasdale Belzile
Vejdemo Lucchini Ylonen
Hawel Kishamutdinov Jevpalovs
Lynch Luchuk Verbeek.../ ECHL .../

Ouellet Fleury
Olofsson Brooks
Leskinen Lamarche
Alzner Folin

Primeau
Demchenko

Last edited:

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I wouldn't be opposed to picking a guy like Lundell at 11 and trade up from 24 to pick up Seth Jarvis as opposed to drafting 8th OA.

I never say no to moving down but, that's a draft floor consideration because who gets picked earlier than projected and who falls usually will decide de value of such a move.

Going off the straight draft projections, I wouldn't.

Trading for 11 & 24 makes sense, in principle because, if a player Montreal is really high on slips down in the 1st round, MON has enough 2nd round picks, including an always attractive back-to-back early 2nd round tandem at #39 and #40 (CHI pick) to move up from 24th OA.

Just for argument's sake, a bunch of players, including Askarov are surprise picks early on in the draft and Perfetti or Sanderson (going with a forward and a D) are still available at 15th, pretty sure Montreal trading #24, #39 and #40 might get them #15.

Won't know what makes sense until we see what develops at the draft.

Habitant le colon

Un partisan
Feb 6, 2008
another planet
I never say no to moving down but, that's a draft floor consideration because who gets picked earlier than projected and who falls usually will decide de value of such a move.

Going off the straight draft projections, I wouldn't.

Trading for 11 & 24 makes sense, in principle because, if a player Montreal is really high on slips down in the 1st round, MON has enough 2nd round picks, including an always attractive back-to-back early 2nd round tandem at #39 and #40 (CHI pick) to move up from 24th OA.

Just for argument's sake, a bunch of players, including Askarov are surprise picks early on in the draft and Perfetti or Sanderson (going with a forward and a D) are still available at 15th, pretty sure Montreal trading #24, #39 and #40 might get them #15.

Won't know what makes sense until we see what develops at the draft.
Habs and Wild should shake the House like we had shaken the house with Vegas!!

I've created a capfriendly version of my team : Wild thing - CapFriendly - Masses salariales LNH

With new combinations !!!

Last edited:

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
What about :
  1. Max Domi (RFA)
  4. 1st 2020 (#8)

VS
  2. Matt Dumba (RFA)

Habs are giving up too much

Domi = Dumba
Caufield = 11th overall pick/Lundell

Petry should be worth a late first, and two second round picks.

So the habs are giving up 8th overall + late first + one second round pick for Kaprisov.

Kaprisov could be the next Panarin (or not), but thats way too much to give up for a 23 year old with 0 nhl games. If the wilds wanted to trade him, they wouldnt get that much.
There is also the risk of kaprisov going back to the khl in the future (assuming he comes to the nhl)

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
What about :
  1. Max Domi (RFA)
  4. 1st 2020 (#8)

VS
  2. Matt Dumba (RFA)

Sign Kovalchuk, Folin (ahl) and Edmundson

Tatar Suzuki Armia
Kaprizov Kotkaniemi Gallagher
Drouin Danault Kovalchuk
Lehkonen Lundell Byron
Weal

Romanov Dumba
Chiarot Weber
Edmundson Juulsen
Kulak Mete

Price
Lindgren

All that under 80M$

Laval

Blandisi Poehling Evans
Dauphin Teasdale Belzile
Vejdemo Lucchini Ylonen
Hawel Kishamutdinov Jevpalovs
Lynch Luchuk Verbeek.../ ECHL .../

Ouellet Fleury
Olofsson Brooks
Leskinen Lamarche
Alzner Folin

Primeau
Demchenko
Kaprizov is a pretty big non-starter for me. Petry also doesn’t entice me much as we have a decent amount of RD coming up.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Duhatschek made a good point in regards to the Habs options at the draft. Considering they have 14 picks, which is too many, and they’re limited in their ability to trade them for warm NHL bodies he came up with a solution. Using some of the picks they would’ve used to acquire an NHL body to acquire Jesse Puljujarvi. He’s been doing well in Finland and developing. Adding him to a roster with KK, Armia, Lehkonen could be just the thing he needs to restart and gain back the former glory of a top 4 pick.

I’d be all for it. Big, fast, skilled. Just needs to continue to develop and gain confidence and he can be a beast. We could also use a RW as we’re a bit thin in that position.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Duhatschek made a good point in regards to the Habs options at the draft. Considering they have 14 picks, which is too many, and they’re limited in their ability to trade them for warm NHL bodies he came up with a solution. Using some of the picks they would’ve used to acquire an NHL body to acquire Jesse Puljujarvi. He’s been doing well in Finland and developing. Adding him to a roster with KK, Armia, Lehkonen could be just the thing he needs to restart and gain back the former glory of a top 4 pick.

I’d be all for it. Big, fast, skilled. Just needs to continue to develop and gain confidence and he can be a beast. We could also use a RW as we’re a bit thin in that position.

Id be alright with that so long as our first isn’t in play in any way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad