Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 46

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
No one is going to take drouin especially wild. Drouin is not a value teams will take

I agree Drouin isn't getting that type of dman. And quite honestly, i don't see Mtl trading Drouin at this point. They to much want him to live up to his potential and his actual value is probably at it's lowest.

That being said, Domi would get you that type of dman and as a Habs fan, i absolutely would do it.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I like it. That's what i would like to do, if possible of course. But just one thing : This first line is far far far from being elite. Even if Suzuki keeps improving, having Armia on the line prevents that.

Thanks for the post. My thought was that having Armia on that line is a kin to having Wilson on the top line. He does have some skill, his puck possession and takeaway skills are very good and he's a big body who can go to the net and make space. Given what I have to work with, it was the best I had. Would I love to replace him with a guy like Anderson or Dadonov, sure but I don't see that happening either.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I won't make a proposal since I'm not that good at that, but two players I would target are Anthony Mantha from Detroit and Josh Anderson from Columbus.

I just picture a line with Mantha on LW and Anderson on RW. It would be a big boys line. Both are over 6' and over 220 lbs.

Both are 25 years old and RFA's.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I won't make a proposal since I'm not that good at that, but two players I would target are Anthony Mantha from Detroit and Josh Anderson from Columbus.

I just picture a line with Mantha on LW and Anderson on RW. It would be a big boys line. Both are over 6' and over 220 lbs.

Add KK in the middle and that's definitely a beefy line with a lot of size and skill.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

I don’t see Detroit moving Mantha but I’m all in for Anderson

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I don’t see Detroit moving Mantha but I’m all in for Anderson

Both are coming off injury-riddled seasons the year but, the difference between Mantha and Anderson, IMO, is pretty big. Mantha is much more constant than Anderson in his career so far, a surer scoring value, if you will. mantra would be more expensive and Anderson's rocky relationship with CLB would surely help make acquiring him easier, I think. More of a gamble, though, so I would not give much, certainly not TWO second round picks like we did for Shaw.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Both are coming off injury-riddled seasons the year but, the difference between Mantha and Anderson, IMO, is pretty big. Mantha is much more constant than Anderson in his career so far, a surer scoring value, if you will. mantra would be more expensive and Anderson's rocky relationship with CLB would surely help make acquiring him easier, I think. More of a gamble, though, so I would not give much, certainly not TWO second round picks like we did for Shaw.

of course Mantha >> Anderson, I just don’t see why Detroit would move him. He’s one of their best player, still young and they have enough cap space

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Anderson rumored to he wanting out might make him easier to get.

Mantha is more of a sure fire point producer, he'll cost more because of that and there isn't a rumored rift between player and management/team. Plus Detroit only has Bertuzzi who's similar.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Anderson rumored to he wanting out might make him easier to get.

Mantha is more of a sure fire point producer, he'll cost more because of that and there isn't a rumored rift between player and management/team. Plus Detroit only has Bertuzzi who's similar.

Of course. That was me more fantasizing than anything.

Although regarding Mantha, IIRC, I think there was something I read that said he and Blashil had some friction. I believe they were talking about that for a few months. Haven't heard anything else since. So it's possible it's smoothed over.

And I agree, Mantha will cost more than Anderson.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Mantha would be nice but how much would he cost? He’s turning 26 in September but has yet to put up 50 point season. He gets injured a lot.

Vancouver acquired JT Miller, who was 26 at the time and had better numbers to date, for a lottery protected 1st, a 3rd and a C prospect. I would do that sort of trade for Mantha.

He would fill our need for a power-forward and he’s somewhat young so I would be OK giving up a 1st.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Why do we want Mantha? Cuz he’s a local ?

well 6 5 winger with breakthrought season (a la Armia)
in the last 2 season if you calculate the goal per game, he his now a 30 gold scorer 2 years in a row.
-7 on a non scoring team.
25 yo, arriving in his peak
Contractual issue with his upcoming raise, making him a new name in the rumor pool.

why do we want Mantha?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I agree Drouin isn't getting that type of dman. And quite honestly, i don't see Mtl trading Drouin at this point. They to much want him to live up to his potential and his actual value is probably at it's lowest.

That being said, Domi would get you that type of dman and as a Habs fan, i absolutely would do it.
I am willing to bet all of my SB cash that not one of the 30 current teams have any sort of desire to land JD, he is nothing more than a complimentary 6 million dollar a year player. He only plays well when he feels like it but has the talent to burn. He is a money player but not a good type of money player. He will do just enough to stay in the league and collect his fat current paycheque. Thanks, Marc.

Yip

Jul 15, 2016
I agree. But we saw some light with Drouin last year before he got injured. Maybe he’s maturing and willing to put some efforts. We’ll see if thats the case. If so, he’s certainly worth to keep.

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
This might have been discussed but I don't have the courage to read all "recent" 38 pages.
I've found myself wondering what would be the add required to pry Werenski from Columbus with one of our soon-to-be extra C's.
They have so many NHL level D's + an elite Seth Jones so they could recover; they also lack a 1B/2A center so badly, got nothing out of the 2019 draft, and have no R2 for 2020 and 2021.
He's a 22yo player I love and whom I think would fit perfectly in Montreal's long term plan. An overpay might still be defendable.
Werenski for Domi + ? (as a RFA)
Werenski for Danault + ? (being a 2021 UFA won't help his value so picks conditional to re-signing may be added)
Given the right package I would make the following players available in various combinations: Poehling, Ylonen, Fleury, Harris, Norlinder, Struble, Brook, Hillis, Olofsson, Ikonen
I'd also consider moving some 2020 picks if possible and pretty much any 2021 pick after the top 10 OA since it's projected as a weaker draft.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Doubt we'd ant to give what we'd need to in order to get Werenski.

IMO, it takes a Suzuki + a Romanov and, maybe, our 1st rounder (8th OA). Might not even get the deal done.

At his age, Werenski is an established franchise D with size and skill, on top of goal-scoring ability.

Maybe Domi, Romanov and the 8th OA pick is a starting point for such a deal, even if I'm not sure it gets done with those three pieces.

Seriously.

We'd be set for ages at LD with Werenski but, it would create holes elsewhere at the same time.

Reactions: Vachon23

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
I would give Edmonton STL’s 2nd and Anaheim’s 3rd for Puljujärvi. Let him tear up the Liiga for another year and get his confidence even higher. Then, I’d bring him back to the NHL on a 2 year, low AAV deal and have him play alongside Kotka/Suzuki.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
Doubt we'd ant to give what we'd need to in order to get Werenski.

IMO, it takes a Suzuki + a Romanov and, maybe, our 1st rounder (8th OA). Might not even get the deal done.

At his age, Werenski is an established franchise D with size and skill, on top of goal-scoring ability.

Maybe Domi, Romanov and the 8th OA pick is a starting point for such a deal, even if I'm not sure it gets done with those three pieces.

Seriously.

We'd be set for ages at LD with Werenski but, it would create holes elsewhere at the same time.

I definitely expect an overpay to be required.
Domi + Romanov seems fair in a vaccuum (a young 50+ points, gritty, versatile C2 and a league-wide top 10-15 D prospect) and I think I'd do it because Werenski > Romanov projections, but that's probably not quite enough to fully convince CLB. Adding an 8th OA tilts the scale way too far imo (after all, that's where Werenski was drafted) - R2 or B prospect (non-LHD) would be acceptable, and maybe a conditional 2021 R1.

You also mention it would create holes. I think it's manageable. I'm somewhat confident the rest of our LD prospect pool can fill the 2nd and 3rd pairing behind Werenski. The premise was that our top 2 C depth can survive without Domi and that he's not interested (once paid) to move back to LW, where our pool is not exciting but where we already lack size. We got an abundance of R2 and B prospects for our depth to recover.

I understand how they would still not take the deal even if it favored them, but I would try to tempt them knowing I'm filling needs (C, prospect pool) - hence why I'm wondering if there's a price that can be agreed upon. Thanks for your point of view!

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I definitely expect an overpay to be required.
Domi + Romanov seems fair in a vaccuum (a young 50+ points, gritty, versatile C2 and a league-wide top 10-15 D prospect) and I think I'd do it because Werenski > Romanov projections, but that's probably not quite enough to fully convince CLB. Adding an 8th OA tilts the scale way too far imo (after all, that's where Werenski was drafted) - R2 or B prospect (non-LHD) would be acceptable, and maybe a conditional 2021 R1.

You also mention it would create holes. I think it's manageable. I'm somewhat confident the rest of our LD prospect pool can fill the 2nd and 3rd pairing behind Werenski. The premise was that our top 2 C depth can survive without Domi and that he's not interested (once paid) to move back to LW, where our pool is not exciting but where we already lack size. We got an abundance of R2 and B prospects for our depth to recover.

I understand how they would still not take the deal even if it favored them, but I would try to tempt them knowing I'm filling needs (C, prospect pool) - hence why I'm wondering if there's a price that can be agreed upon. Thanks for your point of view!

I'd blindly hand over Domi and Romanov for Werenski. Solving your need for a first pairing LD with an elite one for the next 10-15 years definitely trumps waiting to see what Romanov gives us and losing Domi won't handicap us at C, I don't think. I still think that deal doesn't happen without at least a lottery protected 1st round pick in 2021 (if the 8th OA really is too much).

Just imagine what Werenski would bring on a RFA offer sheet?

An established offensive C, a highly touted D prospect and a 1st round pick seems like a minimum ask for CLB but, I'm not sure they's be willing to part with him anyhow.

For the next two years, Werenski is also pretty cheap at 5M per.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
It’ll take way than Domi + Romanov to get a 22 year old D-man who put up these stats:

Also after his 3 year contract runs out he is still a RFA.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad