Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 46

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
6 years left at 7M per season for a 33 year old Vlasic. Probably wouldn’t want to take him on. SJ would have to retain and take Alzner back.

Issue is, with that many years left, I doubt the Sharks want to retain. And I don't think we need Vlasic. He's still better then some people give him credit for, but he doesn't do anything for the Habs in terms of making us a cup contender. Maybe if the Sharks attached a significant asset to him, but I seriously doubt they'd do that.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Let's go All in SUOMI!

Draft Lindell.

2nd for Borgstrom,
2nd for Puljujarvi,
2nd for Vesalainen,
2nd for Ristolainen,
2nd for Valimaki,
2nd for Vaakanainen
2nd for Heponiemi
2nd for Kupari
2nd for Juolevi
2nd for Jokiharju
2nd for Tolvanen
2nd for Saros
2nd for Niku
2nd for Honka
2nd for Kapanen

New lines:
Tolvanen - Kotkaniemi - Kapanen
Vesalainen - Borgstrom - Puljujarvi
Heponiemi - Kupari - Ylonen
Lehkonen - Lindell -Armia

Valimaki - Ristolainen
Vaakanainen - Jokiharju
Juolevi - Honka

Saros

:laugh::sarcasm:
Heeeeeh, (voice of Butthead) is this is a team filled with players from the country Burkina-Faso?

Habitant le colon

Un partisan
Feb 6, 2008
another planet
Reactions: De Montreal

Habitant le colon

Un partisan
Feb 6, 2008
another planet
Duhatschek made a good point in regards to the Habs options at the draft. Considering they have 14 picks, which is too many, and they’re limited in their ability to trade them for warm NHL bodies he came up with a solution. Using some of the picks they would’ve used to acquire an NHL body to acquire Jesse Puljujarvi. He’s been doing well in Finland and developing. Adding him to a roster with KK, Armia, Lehkonen could be just the thing he needs to restart and gain back the former glory of a top 4 pick.

I’d be all for it. Big, fast, skilled. Just needs to continue to develop and gain confidence and he can be a beast. We could also use a RW as we’re a bit thin in that position.
Kupari Puljujarvi can be added for a cheap deal I think.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Accordng to Kevin Kurz of The Athletic, that has changed.
Kurz feels that Vlasic is now ready to waive his no movement clause to accept a trade to Montreal.

The thing about acquiring a player like Vlasic would be two fold. First, SJ would have to take a contract like Alzner back and add to the deal. He's a big chunk of change they'd love to move out to continue to rebuild.

The other issue is can he and Weber find their old form together when they were a top pairing for team Canada. At 33 I don't think Vlasic is done but can he be that top 2 LD we need at least until his contract finishes in 6 years and guys like Romanov, Norlinder, Harris, Struble etc. have time to develop more before taking the mantle from him. That takes me back to the first point of needing them to take ALzner and add a sweetner like a 1st rounder or a prospect like Merkley or Gambrell which they'd be hesitant to add because they are rebuilding.

Bottom line is the cost to get rid of Vlasic is too steep fro SJ to pay as they're already rebuilding and don't need the cap space badly enough. So chalk this up as not happening

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
The thing about acquiring a player like Vlasic would be two fold. First, SJ would have to take a contract like Alzner back and add to the deal. He's a big chunk of change they'd love to move out to continue to rebuild.

The other issue is can he and Weber find their old form together when they were a top pairing for team Canada. At 33 I don't think Vlasic is done but can he be that top 2 LD we need at least until his contract finishes in 6 years and guys like Romanov, Norlinder, Harris, Struble etc. have time to develop more before taking the mantle from him. That takes me back to the first point of needing them to take ALzner and add a sweetner like a 1st rounder or a prospect like Merkley or Gambrell which they'd be hesitant to add because they are rebuilding.

Bottom line is the cost to get rid of Vlasic is too steep fro SJ to pay as they're already rebuilding and don't need the cap space badly enough. So chalk this up as not happening
I wouldn't even do Vlasic and Tampa's 1st for Alzner. That contract is so bad. Like you mentioned, we have a really nice group of young LD coming up and they will likely surpass Vlasic soon. He's 33 and his play has fallen off a cliff. I might have been interested in Vlasic if he was on 1-2 year contract but not at that term and price.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I don't know, the ''local guy coming to Montreal in the twilight of his career'' thing has bitten us several times in the past. There's not a lot to gain from it unless we are in the position to be contenders, that is where you want to add local vets . Plus 7m per year is a lot of money.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
If SJ is dumb enough to attach a 1st and a prospect to get rid of Vlasic, I would love it, as long as we go full rebuild and trade Price, Weber and Petry.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

No we don't. If we're taking Alzner, we absolutely add nothing.

I agree that Vlasic likely won't be traded. We're not paying to trade him for another bad deal.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
No we don't. If we're taking Alzner, we absolutely add nothing.

I agree that Vlasic likely won't be traded. We're not paying to trade him for another bad deal.

There in lies the rub of why the trade won't happen as I mentioned in my post, and Vlasic isn't going anywhere. I doubt any team takes that contract for a 1st and a prospect even if SJ was willing to trade them, which I doubt they are.

It's all good. You'll enjoy him for many, many more years to come ;)

habstradamus

Jul 1, 2018
Brussels, Belgium
I would like Vlasic in a Canadian jersey but the length of that contract just does not work. Nothing to do with the player as I think he could age well and log very decent quality minutes on the roster while we give our projected young D studs the time required to mature in the minors.

SJ have put themselves in a very bad position. We know to well (Gomez and Alzner come to mind)

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Vlasic has negative value because he is on one the worst contracts in the league relative to his declining play. We don't need or want him in a Habs uniform. If it was up to me, the only time he would play in the Bell Centre is when the Sharks visit once a year.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad