Proposal: Trade proposal part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
BUILT, and BROUGHT up much tougher, in that era. Also, there were more of the smaller player type during Savard's, and Naslund's time especially.
Average height and size is down big time now. All about speed. I'll admit I wouldn't mind the Habs getting bigger up front especially

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I'd much rather keep the better defenseman in Petry. I understand some wanting a LD to possibly play with Weber but not by trading the better player in Petry to fill that LD need while making the right side D much weaker.

I really like Petry but no way his better then Muzzin

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I know trading Petry for Muzzin would not be good move because they will still be a hole in our defense. But if we had Petry and Muzzin there's no doubt in my mind that Muzzin would be the #2 and Petry the #3

Of course he would be #2 since he's a LD I believe and would very likely be on the top pair with Weber who is the Habs #1 right side D at the moment.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Of course he would be #2 since he's a LD I believe and would very likely be on the top pair with Weber who is the Habs #1 right side D at the moment.

If Weber was not there, Muzzin would be my #1 and Petry my #2 I didn't considere that one would play with Weber because is a lefty

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Absolutely, even more, the guy is worth a 1st rounder and probably a 3rd as well. That's ammunition for a solid rebuild with younger/better/faster. We're not competing with or without him imho, so it's time to be younger.

To me that seems like a rather underwhelming return for Petry. Even Tatar got the Wings a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd last season. I figured a #3 RD like Petry with 2.5 years remaining at a pretty reasonable cap hit should be worth more than a 1st and 3rd I would think or maybe I'm just overvaluing Petry? :dunno:

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
To me that seems like a rather underwhelming return for Petry. Even Tatar got the Wings a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd last season. I figured a #3 RD like Petry with 2.5 years remaining at a pretty reasonable cap hit should be worth more than a 1st and 3rd I would think or maybe I'm just overvaluing Petry? :dunno:

Trading Petry without having nothing sure is not a good trade !

Reactions: Habs Icing

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

My start of season proposal was Chicago 1st and Jokiharju, so I dont think you are overvaluing Petry.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
petry has elevated his play and now all want to trade him ??
yes its called sell high , build for the future

At sometime in the future it will be important to have two good D like Weber and Petry. If we trade Petry for a draft pick, that pick might be as good as Petry (and it's not certain) in 3-4 years but by then Weber will be older.

I have no problem with selling high. To me high means getting back a LD as good as Petry. That would make sense now, tomorrow and in 3 years.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
You know that the 1st you will got gonna be a late pick ? they are bigger chance that the 1st pick you got become a Sherback,McCarron,Beaulieu,Tinordi,Leblanc then a Pasternak Kusetsov or Pacioretty. You really want to trade a 22-23 minutes for that ? It's not like if Petry was UFA this years or that a player is ready to play his role.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
You know that the 1st you will got gonna be a late pick ? they are bigger chance that the 1st pick you got become a Sherback,McCarron,Beaulieu,Tinordi,Leblanc then a Pasternak Kusetsov or Pacioretty. You really want to trade a 22-23 minutes for that ? It's not like if Petry was UFA this years or that a player is ready to play his role.

We would get more than just a first round pick if we trade Petry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad