Proposal: Trade proposal part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
Mete is surely better than Bean, I know you hate "squirts" and all but try and be objective.
On my team you must be an absolute minimum of 183 cm tall(WITHOUT SKATES), and weigh a minimum of 95 kgs. It would be my POSTED rule. Too bad that I don't have an extra $600 million dollars lying around, so I could purchase Les Canadiens, and kick some "squirt" ASS, right off of the team..lol. I would also call for the big, and strong to beat up on those that you have listed, and then we will see who wins. Just because that yankee, pip squeak commissioner, has changed the NHL into a girly-man's league, does not mean that it is the way things should be. They should be more 1970's. Now that's the REAL NHL.

Last edited:

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
Poor Bobby Orr, Gretzky, Hull, Mikita, Clarke, Lafleur, etc...
But, in that era these guys were built, and brought up tough. Also, there were few truly tall, and robust guys. Larry Robinson, comes to mind. He was rare. These guys of today would be eaten alive by those players.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Alrighty.

Jeff Petry and Tatar for Anton Lindell, Hintz/Gurianov, tenqvist and a 1st.

Lindell is 23, already a top four LD and hes solid defensively. Perfect partner for Weber. Only problem is thag Lindell is RFA at the end of the year.

The first is going to be top 15.

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
Alrighty.

Jeff Petry and Tatar for Anton Lindell, Hintz/Gurianov, tenqvist and a 1st.

Lindell is 23, already a top four LD and hes solid defensively. Perfect partner for Weber. Only problem is thag Lindell is RFA at the end of the year.

The first is going to be top 15.
Do you mean Esa Lindell? As in from Dallas? If so, I'm curious why Dallas would make that trade... they trade a young d-man that's already a top 4 for an older one who is top 4. I suppose Tatar does provide depth scoring for them.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Do you mean Esa Lindell? As in from Dallas? If so, I'm curious why Dallas would make that trade... they trade a young d-man that's already a top 4 for an older one who is top 4. I suppose Tatar does provide depth scoring for them.
They have absolutely shit wingers, currently their 2nd line is Nichuskin-Faksa-Pitlick

I guess theyd ask for a protected first and I think thats fair.

And yeah I dont know why i called him Anton.

Their RD side is dead right now without Klingberg, while they still have Heiskanen on the LD. We could maybe send Mete their way, too.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Sorry my language but we fck need a partner for Weber ! Kulak is not in the right place and it will just heart is confidence
It is time to put in an offer for Muzzin that LA won't refuse. I'd even consider taking on Phaneuf if they took Alzner as part of the deal. That left side is in dire need of a guy that can play NHL minutes.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It is time to put in an offer for Muzzin that LA won't refuse. I'd even consider taking on Phaneuf if they took Alzner as part of the deal. That left side is in dire need of a guy that can play NHL minutes.
Id rather go for someone younger... hes going to wamt to get paid money hes not gonna be worth.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Id rather go for someone younger... hes going to wamt to get paid money hes not gonna be worth.
You trade for him and if it is clear he won't resign in January of 2020, trade him at the deadline. The team could probably recoup quite a bit of what they would give up to get him. In the meantime, this team needs immediate help.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You trade for him and if it is clear he won't resign in January of 2020, trade him at the deadline. The team could probably recoup quite a bit of what they would give up to get him. In the meantime, this team needs immediate help.
It needs help for what? What is a mediocre player like Muzzin going to achieve?

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Mediocre? Fair enough...let's stick with Kulak, Benn, Schlemko, and Reilly. Maybe Alzner and Mete can be recalled if we need a boost. If Muzzin is mediocre, what are the guys currently on our left side classified as?
the thing is you DON'T want to resign a 31 year old muzzin in a salary raise, so in the first place why trade young valuable assets for 1 year and a half of muzzin when we are not even equiped to contend this year neither next year. We want to get younger and better. you achieve that by drafting and trading older valuable assets to team that are actually trying to win right now for their young non-ready NHL prospect with great potential.

Easy example: Pacioretty trade, the trade would have been REALY good even if Tatar would have end up a cap dump, He now becomes the type of player you trade to contenders to get younger, add petry to that, add byron to that in a year-ish, shaw etc

Reactions: vokiel

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
the thing is you DON'T want to resign a 31 year old muzzin in a salary raise, so in the first place why trade young valuable assets for 1 year and a half of muzzin when we are not even equiped to contend this year neither next year. We want to get younger and better. you achieve that by drafting and trading older valuable assets to team that are actually trying to win right now for their young non-ready NHL prospect with great potential.

Easy example: Pacioretty trade, the trade would have been REALY good even if Tatar would have end up a cap dumb, He now becomes the type of player you trade to contenders to get younger, add petry to that, add byron to that in a year-ish, shaw etc
We fleeced Vegas on the Patches trade. We don't have another Patches to trade. The guys you mentioned including Tatar won't bring the same return.
You can't just dump all the guys when they get older. It doesn't work that way in order to achieve success. Your example of Byron is perfect. He won't fetch us a better player. He is worth a pick or a prospect. Teams that sell off all their veterans just to get younger and hopefully better...well it doesn't really happen that often to much success.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
On the topic of the Blues, I’ve always liked Joel Edmundson. Big physical LD that can skate and provides a bit of offence.

XxCanadiensxX

Jan 8, 2013

I would give Shumakov a chance in the AHL as well if he wants it. He's a RW with a great shot and isn't too old. Could definitely give Laval an offensive boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad