Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I see. Yes, it is sort of a move them all, or don't move any and let them take the best one.

This is where i'm at. Do what you can to get Pommer to waive, maybe even Parise. But as a team built on depth and not super-stars. I can't see how trading multiple pieces of that depth makes us better than just losing one. Even if that one is slightly better.

If you can use Olloffson, Pulkinnen or a pick to get them to pick one great, but using Haula? That would be poor asset management.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Parise would get taken. A brand new franchise will be desperate for credibility, and Parise would give them that. They won't be having cap problems for the first few years, So that wouldn't be much of a consideration. Koivu would be much more realistic, but I think the " will you waive" conversation will be very difficult.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Also have to remember that getting Koivu and/or Pominville and/or Parise to waive would have to come with assurances from Vegas that they wouldn't get picked; but it is also limits the options that Vegas would have at their disposal (because they would be waiving for us to protect additional players), so what incentive would they have to give those assurances?

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Parise would get taken. A brand new franchise will be desperate for credibility, and Parise would give them that. They won't be having cap problems for the first few years, So that wouldn't be much of a consideration. Koivu would be much more realistic, but I think the " will you waive" conversation will be very difficult.

Yup. 75% of the league still thinks Parise's a 70-80 point forward.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
P.A. Parenteau (NJD) $1.25m cap hit

He could be of some interest as a rental as another possible depth pickup. No clue on the cost to get him, but he'd fit under the cap.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
P.A. Parenteau (NJD) $1.25m cap hit

He could be of some interest as a rental as another possible depth pickup. No clue on the cost to get him, but he'd fit under the cap.

The only trades I can see Fletcher making are of players he wants to move before the expansion draft because he wants to get something for them before they get picked up.

Frankly: outside of probably Pominville, I really like this team.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
This is the deepest team the Wild have ever assembled. Barring a rash of injuries, I don't see any reason for them to give up assets for any additional depth.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
This is the deepest team the Wild have ever assembled. Barring a rash of injuries, I don't see any reason for them to give up assets for any additional depth.

I'm all in on the trade for Jagr bandwagon if Florida continues to spiral. But that's mostly sentimental.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Please dont trade picks or prospects for worthless "playoff rentals".

We either ride the players we have, including those in Iowa, or we dont.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Jagr is this Czech guy, right?

tumblr_nogpee9iK81r87umjo1_500.gif

tumblr_nogpee9iK81r87umjo2_500.gif

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
Please stop with the Jagr suggestions. I love Jagr but he's slowing down and is really showing signs of being human, again. This Wild team loves speed and Jagr doesn't offer any to speak of.

Last edited:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Please stop with the Jagr suggestions. I love Jagr but he's slowing down and is really showing signs of being human, again. This Wild team loves speed and Jagr doesn't offer any to speak of.

If we say Jagr's name enough times, it'll eventually become a rumor... All rumors eventually trickle down to Russo... Russo questions players & management about validity of rumors... Rumors eventually become speculation... Profit??? :naughty:

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I'm all in on the trade for Jagr bandwagon if Florida continues to spiral. But that's mostly sentimental.

Jagr could actually help though. Moves Pominville further down the lineup.

Edit: More I think about this, I really want this to happen.

Parise-Koivu-Granlund
Nino-Staal-Coyle
Zucker-Haula-Jagr
Schroeder-Graovac-Stewart
Pominville

I dig those lines!

Last edited:

FrodoBeggins

Jun 26, 2016
Kerch
players from whom I would like to get rid of: scandella, Parise (too big salary and a long contract, and in 1.5 years will be free Tavares for example), pominville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad