Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
He's a positive corsi and positive relative corsi player this season. Fenwick is one event below even.

Watched Colorado-Winnipeg yesterday, thought he was one of their best. Not saying much maybe since they looked awful but hey. Iginla for a third round pick at the deadline makes sense to me today.

What Fletch does depends on so many factors, and bringing up Tuch for the playoffs might be the best course of action. This team is already pretty loaded with veteran experience and might need some youthful energy. If you can add a motivated player with playoff experience and nearly 1300 career points for a middle-round pick, I think you do it.

I've seen few Avs games, and he really hasn't looked good in any of them. Preseason he looked okay, but it is preseason.

He'd be an expensive 4th liner to add at the TDL. I don't see him cracking the top-9 without an injury. I don't think the Wild can afford his prorated cap hit of $5.3m without sending money back.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
would you trade dumba + late pick for Milano+1st? CBJ poster wanted a 3/4 D man who could play the right side. I also commented on that if we trade a young guy, their defense could be too good haha.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Depends on the cost of acquiring a player.

A 3rd+b prospect, that might get Girgensons as 4th line depth.

Vrbata or Hanzel from AZ would cost more but might be a fit.

Jagr would cost a lot, but it's Jagr so he might play longer than Parise/Suter contracts :sarcasm:

Hard to make moves until after Jan 15th (imo). The Wild end a brutal stretch of games then. They'll know more of where they stack up against quality competition then. Injuries also will probably dictate a move of some sort.

That would be interesting. He'll be an RFA after this year, and I'm not sure how much his contract would be. But he's a veteran already at age 22, and brings decent size and skill to that bottom 6. I'd very much consider that trade, which typically makes me think the Sabres wouldn't, but I don't know.

The rest, no thanks. Hanzal would cost too much to place him on the #3 or 4 center role, and Vrbata is only awesome when he's a Coyote (half joking, only half). Jagr, while I love him, I think it would be a terrible fit. I just don't see him being very happy playing bottom 6, and I'm not sure who we'd really want to bump down for him between Coyle and Granlund, if we decided to play him in the top 6. I guess, though, that would allow us to play Pominville on the 4th line, if that's something we want.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
I've seen few Avs games, and he really hasn't looked good in any of them. Preseason he looked okay, but it is preseason.

He'd be an expensive 4th liner to add at the TDL. I don't see him cracking the top-9 without an injury. I don't think the Wild can afford his prorated cap hit of $5.3m without sending money back.

Iam going to guess Playing in Colorado and all the losing is taking a toll on him just like Staal, mark my words he will be an impact player for his new team this year, assuming reports are true that he will waive his NTC

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
And Staal was not very good the last few years in Carolina and he is now our leading scorer

He wasn't 8 points in 30 games bad, nor is/was he 39 years old.

That said, if Colorado wants to give us Iginla for a late round pick and 50%+ salary retention, I'm all ears.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's fair enough to be suspicious of how those guys will hold up come playoff time, they're largely untested. I think Gabriel would be fine, and probably as good as any vet we could get for that line, unless we're fine with paying another 3rd round pick or higher for a rental. As it stands, it looks like Stewart - Dalpe - Gabriel, which is fine for those games that we want a bruising 4th line. For the rest of the games, we've got Graovac. I'm sure that 4th line could be better, but I'm just wondering what the cost of making it better is.

Agreed. If the Wild are in really good shape(Cup contenders) come the TDL, then i think they have to make a move, even a small one, for some vet help. Impossible to predict right now. I think they are looking good right now, but not great. If Scandella plays the way i think he can, Parise returns to form, and the rest of the team plays the way they are with good, but not unsustainable, results, then I think the Wild have a shot at a Cup.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
would you trade dumba + late pick for Milano+1st? CBJ poster wanted a 3/4 D man who could play the right side. I also commented on that if we trade a young guy, their defense could be too good haha.

God no, especially the way Columbus is playing. Their 1st is liable to be a really high one. I'd rather send Scandella to the Bruins for Frederic and their first...Digitalbooya would be kept happy ( I think Frederic might become a player...stats are held down by injury)and their 1st might be lower than CBJ's, though the B's have a habit of being better than the sum of their parts.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

That said, if Colorado wants to give us Iginla for a late round pick and 50%+ salary retention, I'm all ears.

I would agree. Not to mention that man lights up the Wild every damn year.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Iginla is the sort of guy who would be a good add if he has anything at all left in the tank. He's a been there, done that type guy with a big heart and a nasty edge to him. I could see him being a PITA in front of the net on the PP, and if inspired, being a leader of the bottom six on the club.

Are his legs totally gone?

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012

Staal was 6 points in 20 games with the Rangers not much better, Like I said I am not saying give up a ton for the guy but if you could get him cheap and Colorado retains salary to make it work why not? He'd be better than Pominville

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Staal was 6 points in 20 games with the Rangers not much better, Like I said I am not saying give up a ton for the guy but if you could get him cheap and Colorado retains salary to make it work why not? He'd be better than Pominville

Staal also came without giving anything up and filled a dire need.

I think Iginla would have value to the Wild, but I agree that it's not worth much more than a 4th and there are probably teams that would pay more.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

That's not a sure thing. I think the only surety would be that he'd be better than Gabriel and probably better than Stewart. Other than that, I'm not brushing off a 39 year old's bad numbers. Staal was 32 and had a mid-season team change, both very different than Iginla's current scenario.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
I have to say a 4th line of Graovac, Stewart and Iginla in the playoffs sounds very interesting.

He brings a lot of what I hoped Cullen might lend to the 4th, and BB likes to roll 4 lines.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yah, but Cullen can still skate. Speed, and team speed, is important. We saw it with Stoll last year...do we really want a guy if he has a lost a couple of steps?

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Yah, but Cullen can still skate. Speed, and team speed, is important. We saw it with Stoll last year...do we really want a guy if he has a lost a couple of steps?

Have to say I haven't seen him play this year. Agree if he has indeed slowed to a crawl.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
God no, especially the way Columbus is playing. Their 1st is liable to be a really high one. I'd rather send Scandella to the Bruins for Frederic and their first...Digitalbooya would be kept happy ( I think Frederic might become a player...stats are held down by injury)and their 1st might be lower than CBJ's, though the B's have a habit of being better than the sum of their parts.

This is crucial to our success :laugh:

I'd be okay with Frederic+1st for Scandella

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
This x10. Old players don't decline, they go off a cliff.

Generally true, not always for a guy who's a Hall of Famer like Iginla (or Jagr). He's had good results this season despite playing for one of the league's worst squads. That said, there's a lot more season to go. He need not be the top the of the wishlist, but he's a sentimental favorite.

I guess I'd like to see the guy win a Cup :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad