Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoCro11

Nov 30, 2015
As long as the add is conditional on Erikson resigning I think that might be something to consider.

I think that deal would benefit both teams immensely, for current and future needs. I think if even the size of the add is conditional to Eriksson resigning, it would work.

Eriksson's style should work into his 30s, and he seems to excel at creating and converting opportunities. Spooner has excellent Offensive upside and can transition singlehandedly. He needs some work defensively, but he is not inept and he is certainly a spark. Most importantly, it wouldn't stop either team from being competitive this year.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
What would we need to add to Brodin for that Spooner+1st package?

That's a tough one when looking at your situation/lineup,
if that 1st was a playoff pick I'd do it without addings from Minnesota.

If for example Eriksson would get traded before this trade and then use that 1st+Spooner for Brodin and keep Boston& San Jose picks in Boston?

Last edited:

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
That's a tough one when looking at your situation/lineup,
if that 1st was a playoff pick I'd do it without addings from Minnesota.

If for example Eriksson would get traded before this trade and then use that 1st+Spooner for Brodin and keep Boston& San Jose picks in Boston?
The Wild would not and should not add anything,if the pick is #20+ the Bruins would have to add.Spooner is having a good year for sure but it would be a mistake by the Wild to over estimate his value based on 45
Games and trade away a young player who has 3 years of top level experience.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I've actually thought he's had a few "off-games" in the past week or so, but then, so has everyone else. Forsberg in particular made him look like an ******* at least twice last night.

Big freaking deal. EVERY Dman gets dangled sooner or later. Did Frosberg score? Brodin has been fine. Suter has actually looked mediocre recently, also. Scandella makes mistakes. Some nights it seems that is all Dumba does.

Brodin is a gem, and should be one of the bulwarks of this team for the next ten years at least. Trading away our young, good players, is madness. Fletcher has to be smarter at knowing when to dump aging players, and not giving out large contracts to non performers.

Spooner has had half a good season, and was just a guy before this, and now you want to trade Brodin for him! Really? A guy who was playing on our first pair when he was 19? Do you know anything about Spooner except that he is the latest flavor of the month?

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Big freaking deal. EVERY Dman gets dangled sooner or later. Did Frosberg score? Brodin has been fine. Suter has actually looked mediocre recently, also. Scandella makes mistakes. Some nights it seems that is all Dumba does.

Brodin is a gem, and should be one of the bulwarks of this team for the next ten years at least. Trading away our young, good players, is madness. Fletcher has to be smarter at knowing when to dump aging players, and not giving out large contracts to non performers.

Spooner has had half a good season, and was just a guy before this, and now you want to trade Brodin for him! Really? A guy who was playing on our first pair when he was 19? Do you know anything about Spooner except that he is the latest flavor of the month?

Yes, I do know more about Spooner. Like for example, the fact that he's not just a "flavor of the month"

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
Yes, I do know more about Spooner. Like for example, the fact that he's not just a "flavor of the month"

What has Spooner done that makes you think trading Brodin for him, without the Bruins adding significantly more to the deal,is a good idea?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The Wild would not and should not add anything,if the pick is #20+ the Bruins would have to add.Spooner is having a good year for sure but it would be a mistake by the Wild to over estimate his value based on 45
Games and trade away a young player who has 3 years of top level experience.

What has Spooner done that makes you think trading Brodin for him, without the Bruins adding significantly more to the deal,is a good idea?

Like I said on the main page that our top9C group was Krejci-Bergeron-Soderberg, there was no way Julien was going to break that and he demans everyone of our C's can play defense so they were patient with him and kept him in the AHL.

Spooner had 19 points in 29 games last year and has had 2 close to ppg years in AHL, everyone who watched him last year saw the skating and could say top/ close to elite vision, it's so deadly on the powerplay.
This year he has been developing consistently and from last year and his point pace has gone up as the season has gone, he'll logg 60/60+ points if he stays healthy with limited minutes/linemates.

Turn it around, how much is worth a 23y C with elite skating, 60/60+ points in his 1st full NHL season, with a .950M cap hit and RFA after that?

Spooner is someone who can change the offensive game of the team and create his scoring chances via his speed/sets up his linemates.
I'd give up a playoff pick+Spooner for just Brodin but a top14 pick probably gives Fabbro and leaves us Spooner.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
Like I said on the main page that our top9C group was Krejci-Bergeron-Soderberg, there was no way Julien was going to break that and he demans everyone of our C's can play defense so they were patient with him and kept him in the AHL.

Spooner had 19 points in 29 games last year and has had 2 close to ppg years in AHL, everyone who watched him last year saw the skating and could say top/ close to elite vision, it's so deadly on the powerplay.
This year he has been developing consistently and from last year and his point pace has gone up as the season has gone, he'll logg 60/60+ points if he stays healthy with limited minutes/linemates.

Turn it around, how much is worth a 23y C with elite skating, 60/60+ points in his 1st full NHL season, with a .950M cap hit and RFA after that?

Spooner is someone who can change the offensive game of the team and create his scoring chances via his speed/sets up his linemates.
I'd give up a playoff pick+Spooner for just Brodin but a top14 pick probably gives Fabbro and leaves us Spooner.
I feel like I'm talking to a car salesman here,Spooner is not even close to what you are pumping him up to be.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Brodin for Spooner is ****ing madness. This is getting absolutely ridiculous.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I feel like I'm talking to a car salesman here,Spooner is not even close to what you are pumping him up to be.

What's wrong there?
He's on pace for +60 points, especially when looking at his progression, turned our pp the best in the league, fantastic vision, elite speed, if you don't believe in those you haven't watched him play or Bostons games.
He's not even getting top minutes/linemates.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
What's wrong there?
He's on pace for +60 points, especially when looking at his progression, turned our pp the best in the league, fantastic vision, elite speed, if you don't believe in those you haven't watched him play or Bostons games.
He's not even getting top minutes/linemates.
If he is as good as you are saying you should probably just hang on to him or find someone else to give you the kings ransom you think is warranted,good luck.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
RW right shot Steve Moses is 7+4 in 12 KHL games. The goal scoring speed is faster than Artemi Panarin last year in exactly same team. Moses is likely to be the top goal scorer in the best KHL team while playing only half the season.

We need a top9 right winger. We can afford 2mil salary on oneway. What is his current NHL status and how come he could not fit in the NHL this year?

What is wrong with this guy and can we sign him in the summer?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If he is as good as you are saying you should probably just hang on to him or find someone else to give you the kings ransom you think is warranted,good luck.

Just an honest question, do you follow the Bruins at all?

Krejci-Bergeron top6 C's are signed longterm, years left on their contracts, Chara turns 39y soon and his minutes has to be limited, need to find a top3D in his prime who can do that and bridge Chara's retirement/ prospects developing.
When Chia left we had no prospects, nothing, so all the prospects we have are 18y and years away from making an impact, we have now highly promising Lauzon-Zboril and Carlo but they are 18y.

So if Spooner can give us that D-player I'd be fine for trading him, but for that only, nothing else, Spooner is fun player to watch and has ton of potential, still getting better.

I also didn't propose that trade, but you clearly aren't familiar with Spooner.
I'm a Finn and been watching the Wild as long as I've been able to follow NHL and want them to succeed.
Minnesota needs offensive power and Spooner was build for that and to boost anyones pp.

Last edited:

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
RW right shot Steve Moses is 7+4 in 12 KHL games. The goal scoring speed is faster than Artemi Panarin last year in exactly same team. Moses is likely to be the top goal scorer in the best KHL team while playing only half the season.

We need a top9 right winger. We can afford 2mil salary on oneway. What is his current NHL status and how come he could not fit in the NHL this year?

5 foot 9 ,170 pounds might have something to do with him not getting any NHL attention.Also has not put up the same numbers in the short stints he has had in the AHL.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
Just an honest question, do you follow the Bruins at all?

Krejci-Bergeron top6 C's are signed longterm, years left on their contracts, Chara turns 39y soon and his minutes has to be limited, need to find a top3D in his prime who can do that and bridge Chara's retirement/ prospects developing.
When Chia left we had no prospects, nothing, so all the prospects we have are 18y and years away from making an impact, we have now highly promising Lauzon-Zboril and Carlo but they are 18y.

So if Spooner can give us that D-player I'd be fine for trading him, but for that only, nothing else, Spooner is fun player to watch and has ton of potential, still getting better.

I also didn't propose that trade, but you clearly aren't familiar with Spooner.

Well I doubt anyone is going to trade a top 3 dman for Spooner unless the Bruins add something significant.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Well I doubt anyone is going to trade a top 3 dman for Spooner unless the Bruins add something significant.

If Spooner hits 60points in his 1st full season with his cap hit, skating I can't see why he wouldn't return a top3D, that's a pretty wanted player(Tyler Johnson had 50 at the same age in his 1st full NHL season, same AHL numbers).
Then you add a 1st round pick to it.

Minnesota needs offense, and with Johansen gone there probably aren't more C's available than RNH, and Chia likely is looking for right hand shot due to Nurse-Sekera-Klefbom all being left hand shots, and he would cost a lot more and has a 5M bigger cap hit, and RNH would be an upgrade but is he the type of C Minnesota is missing right now, the price kept in mind.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
If Spooner hits 60points in his 1st full season with his cap hit, skating I can't see why he wouldn't return a top3D, that's a pretty wanted player(Tyler Johnson had 50 at the same age in his 1st full NHL season, same AHL numbers).
Then you add a 1st round pick to it.

Minnesota needs offense, and with Johansen gone there probably aren't more C's available than RNH, and Chia likely is looking for right hand shot due to Nurse-Sekera-Klefbom all being left hand shots, and he would cost a lot more and has a 5M bigger cap hit, and RNH would be an upgrade but is he the type of C Minnesota is missing right now, the price kept in mind.

Tyler Johnson is a good example why you shouldn't make a rash trade based on a limited number of NHL games,he has been pretty underwhelming this year.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
5 foot 9 ,170 pounds might have something to do with him not getting any NHL attention.Also has not put up the same numbers in the short stints he has had in the AHL.

The same way as Reilly is the worst D in AHL, but pretty ready 3rd pair NHL D?

Moses has zero NHL games. Nobody knows what he can do in NHL top6. Amazingly Preds gave him no chance with the big club while they are starving for offense.

Panarin is almost point per game in the NHL. Moses scores more than Panarin.

We should sign this guy to replace Fontaine on 3 RW.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010

He's an awesome player, but it really seems he's just too small for the NHL. I personally thought he would crack the Preds' lineup. It's not like they are all about defence. But he didn't and that probably speaks the truth about him.

He's got everything else but size and he apparently can't compensate that enough in other areas on the smaller ice.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010

Moses has zero NHL games. Nobody knows what he can do in NHL top6. Amazingly Preds gave him no chance with the big club while they are starving for offense.

I wouldn't mind giving him a shot just for the high reward.

It might have come to a point where he gets significantly more money in the KHL than what he would get in the NHL.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City

I would have no problem giving him a try out in training camp.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot

I was simply pointing out that Brodin isn't this all-powerful, otherworldly being that some people on here would have you believe. He makes mistakes just like everyone else, but doesn't seem to get pilloried for them, ever. Wasn't talking about Spooner at all ;)

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011

I have watched Moses quite a bit, because he used to play in Jokerit in Helsinki. Moses is fast and has good hands, but is small, kinda weak and soft. Never goes to boards.

Columbus GM Kekäläinen was GM for Jokerit at the time and he knows the player very well... haven't seen him picking Moses up to NHL.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
The Bruins are my #2 team (after we lost the North Stars, I became a huge Bruins fan). I watch them religiously like I do the Wild. If anyone on here thinks Spooner isn't the real deal, then you clearly have never watched him. This kid is going to have a great career. I would absolutely rather have Spooner over RNH and I wouldn't think twice about it. If the deal is Brodin+small add for Spooner+1st, that's a major win-win for each team.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
RNH has more offense than people are giving him credit for, not to mention that he is a pretty good two-way player at 22.

He also doesn't require any runway. He will add value game 1 with the Wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad