Status
Not open for further replies.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Previous Thread

If you have a problem with something someone wrote, here are three options:

1. If you disagree with their opinion, write an opposing response to it and stay civil

2. If you believe they violated site rules, click on the "Yield" symbol under their avatar to report it to moderators

3. Ignore it and move on

Keep your cool and keep the sarcasm to a respectful minimum.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I'd be interested in Reinhart. I think Buffalo might be interested in dealing him too if they get Matthews in June.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
If people, including myself, didn't like the idea of giving up Brodin for someone that has actually produced in the league, good luck with someone that hasn't.

And Buffalo sure doesn't need Granlund coming back.

So if Buffalo came calling with the #1 pick in this years draft and offered it for Brodin+1st you wouldn't do it?

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Wild's needs as I see them:

1) 1st line center (drops down Koivu and Granlund to ideal spots, moves Coyle to RW)
2) Cap space (For #1 and to re-sign youth core long-term)
3) Elite offensive RW (Upgrade over Pominville and Fontaine)

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
There's no way Buffalo does that anyway, so it doesn't really matter if we would do it.

The point still remains, if we can acquire a guy that has the capability to be a 1C fairly soon (Reinhart, Matthews, whoever), why are we holding ourselves back from trading a guy who only plays defense? I love Brodin but if he's the guy we need to trade in order to finally get a 1C that can score 25+ then we should do it. Defensive dmen are so much easier to replace than 25+ goal scoring centers.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
The point still remains, if we can acquire a guy that has the capability to be a 1C fairly soon (Reinhart, Matthews, whoever), why are we holding ourselves back from trading a guy who only plays defense? I love Brodin but if he's the guy we need to trade in order to finally get a 1C that can score 25+ then we should do it. Defensive dmen are so much easier to replace than 25+ goal scoring centers.

Agreed 100%, which is why I don't think the teams with young #1 centers would do it for "a guy who only plays defense."

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i would pick up the phone & inquire about draisaitl , RNH, bjugstad (i cant think of any other good fits) for RW coyle has been good lately so its not an emergency but i'd keep an eye out for a gem.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
i would pick up the phone & inquire about draisaitl , RNH, bjugstad (i cant think of any other good fits) for RW coyle has been good lately so its not an emergency but i'd keep an eye out for a gem.

Draisaitl has been just about the only bright spot in Edmonton with McDavid injured. Florida is playing well so I doubt they'd be keen on giving up their 6'6", young, top 6 center.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Draisaitl has been just about the only bright spot in Edmonton with McDavid injured. Florida is playing well so I doubt they'd be keen on giving up their 6'6", young, top 6 center.

Bjugstad has been injured, and not playing all that well. Barkov is the big deal down there.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Have there been actual reports that Edmonton is willing to trade RNH?

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Bjugstad has been injured, and not playing all that well. Barkov is the big deal down there.

Yeah, but if I'm Florida, I have no reason to trade one of the two monster forwards we have just because we have two. Bjugstad has shown he can play in the league, just needs to get healthy, IMO.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Yeah no reason for Florida to trade Bjugstad especially with the contract he has. Even though Trocheck has apparently been great while Bjugstad's been injured. The match-up problems with Barkov-Bjugstad down the middle will be nightmare for East teams to handle.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Agreed 100%, which is why I don't think the teams with young #1 centers would do it for "a guy who only plays defense."
But teams like Edmonton and Buffalo have so many centers and a need for team defense. One of them will take a chance.
Not the same thing. Matthews is in the McDavid/Eichel tier, Reinhart is not.
You're right, Reinhart is in the Draisaitl tier.
So some want Reinhart instead of RNH?
:facepalm:

$6m vs $1m on a cap crunched team. Easy choice, especially since I think Edmonton will want Brodin+another asset whereas I don't think Buffalo could command Brodin+. We might be able to get Reinhart for Dumba+, though I'd rather keep Dumba over Brodin. Defense can be worked on; his shot is something special (Ovie like on the PP).

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
What would we be counting on RNH becoming if he was traded here? Because as of now, he has stagnated in the 50-60 point range, and it's not like he's playing devoid of any offensive help. I get that he's still only 22, but is the idea that playing with our wingers and defensemen instead of Hall/Eberle and Edmonton's gong show D going to jump him up into an 80+ point player?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
$6m vs $1m on a cap crunched team. Easy choice, especially since I think Edmonton will want Brodin+another asset whereas I don't think Buffalo could command Brodin+. We might be able to get Reinhart for Dumba+, though I'd rather keep Dumba over Brodin. Defense can be worked on; his shot is something special (Ovie like on the PP).

Only if they trade Bogosian for a LHD first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad