Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
I swear people trying to include Brodin in every trade would regret if he is traded and actually starts hitting his stride. He's 22 years old soon, seriously people he's really young.

Stop giving him away in proposals.

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
I swear people trying to include Brodin in every trade would regret if he is traded and actually starts hitting his stride. He's 22 years old soon, seriously people he's really young.

This might be shocking but you aren't the only person who has considered that. If we get a center who is equal or close to equal, I'm fine with it. You seem to be one of those people who think there's a realistic chance for him be the next lidstrom. He's good, but not that good.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta

Exactly. Imagine when he is 26-30 y/o and going up against younger or same aged competition

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Couture had more TOI than Thornton. I'd say Couture would come here and put up 30+40 as a regular fixture on the 1st line. He put up top 15 numbers for centers last year. 70 points would have been tied for 11th with Pavelski, Malkin and Getzlaf among "centers" (Pavs isn't) on NHL.com.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Trading him for a 1C isn't "giving him away."

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012

Some people here complain we dont have a # 1 C, but yet dont want to give up anything in value to get one! Some people think Spurgeon can fetch a top player by himself which is funny! If the Wild want a potential # 1 C next year they have to trade for one and you have to give up something to get it. I feel we have enough depth on D to be ok with losing Brodin. But look at the young studs in our division! The Wild need a player like that IMO

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
My concern regarding couture is his age, he is 26, that means he is in his prime right now which is great but how many years of that will be him in his prime vs him declining.

I want a number one center I just don't think we should be letting brodin go short of a guy who is also 22.

Our problem last year vs Chicago wasn't so much a lack of a number one center but was our team playing like utter crap.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Brodin is absolutely untouchable. He could be the backend we need for the next 15 years. His contract is so team friendly the overpayment would have to be massive. You get two assets when acquiring him, Brodin and his ridiculously amazing contract.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
My concern regarding couture is his age, he is 26, that means he is in his prime right now which is great but how many years of that will be him in his prime vs him declining.

I want a number one center I just don't think we should be letting brodin go short of a guy who is also 22.

Our problem last year vs Chicago wasn't so much a lack of a number one center but was our team playing like utter crap.

Well nobody wanted Nugent-Hopkins. I'm sure some people would be on board for Brodin+Granlund+pick for Johansen. Not sure how CBJ feels about that though. Maybe Nino+ for Johansen? I'm not sure of Columbus's needs.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
There is a wide difference of opinion on what a "1C" is defined as and is worth.

The only scenario where trading Brodin wouldn't backfire in a year or two would be to trading for a similar age elite center. So basically just RNH or Johansen.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Brodin is absolutely untouchable. He could be the backend we need for the next 15 years. His contract is so team friendly the overpayment would have to be massive. You get two assets when acquiring him, Brodin and his ridiculously amazing contract.

Preach it brother.

How good is his contract? Would you rather have Brodin of Jeff petry who is both worse, older, AND more expensive

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012

NOBODY is untouchable!!!

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Look at Victor Herman for years he was called underwhelming and Brodin has been a better player than hedman at their ages of play.

Keep Jonas and build, shore up the team and have a rock solid d to depend on

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
There is a wide difference of opinion on what a "1C" is defined as and is worth.

The only scenario where trading Brodin wouldn't backfire in a year or two would be to trading for a similar age elite center. So basically just RNH or Johansen.

Turris is 25, Couture is 26, and Zibanejad is 22. These guys aren't old.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Well nobody wanted Nugent-Hopkins. I'm sure some people would be on board for Brodin+Granlund+pick for Johansen. Not sure how CBJ feels about that though. Maybe Nino+ for Johansen? I'm not sure of Columbus's needs.
We can't and won't trade Brodin AND Granlund for anybody. That package is an overpayment for everybody who is actually available.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
So what can we use to trade for a 1C without people losing it? Are players like Nino, Granlund, Zucker, Coyle, Spurgeon, Scandella, Dumba, Tuch, and our 2015 1st rounder available for such a player?

Last edited:

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
We can't and won't trade Brodin AND Granlund for anybody. That package is an overpayment for everybody who is actually available.

22 year old franchise centers aren't available except for overpayment. Johansen is a 22 year old franchise center. I'd do Granlund+Brodin for him. He's already scoring more points than Malkin, Getzlaf, and Toews. He's shown in a limited viewing he can produce in the playoffs (6gp 2g 4a 6pts).

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
And Turris is kind of trash. He is not the kind of center that would take this team anywhere. You do not trade a future all star defensemen for an eh top6 center.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
And Turris is kind of trash. He is not the kind of center that would take this team anywhere. You do not trade a future all star defensemen for an eh top6 center.

Turris is 25, on a very decent contract, and would have led our team in points last year. How exactly is he trash?

For the record, I believe that Brodin for Turris is an overpayment on our end, but I certainly wouldn't scoff at the idea of acquiring a player like Turris if he's available. About the only knock on him by Sens fans seems to be that he lacks physicality, but hey, he'll fit right in with the rest of the Wild! ;)

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
This is unbelievable. Turris is not an "eh top 6 center", he outproduced our best center by 16 points, 10 of which were goals and he takes HALF of his cap.
Turris is 25, on a very decent contract, and would have led our team in points last year. How exactly is he trash?

For the record, I believe that Brodin for Turris is an overpayment on our end, but I certainly wouldn't scoff at the idea of acquiring a player like Turris if he's available. About the only knock on him by Sens fans seems to be that he lacks physicality, but hey, he'll fit right in with the rest of the Wild! ;)

Wonder if they are interested in Scandella since the idea is to trade for LD. The question would be the + and who'd replace him on the 2nd pair (Brodin?).

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Dumba
Olofsson-Folin

Brodin with Dumba to set up our future elite 1st pairing.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I actually would trade Brodin, but I would only do it for a franchise center. Not poor man's franchise centers.

The worst thing a team can do is overpay and underbuy for a team need. That is when you get burned.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Has anyone heard any updates on Jan Kovar? There were rumours a few months ago that he wanted to come to the NHL. Have you guys heard anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad