Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handlanger

Mar 28, 2008
At this point in time, I feel as though Coyle's potential is worth a whole lot more than what he could get back in a trade. Like I said, at this point. It'd be a case of selling pretty low.

What makes you feel like this? Coyle has showed to me one thing. He is solid 3rd or 4th liner, nothing more. Even in junior he was never a big scorer - I think his nice attitude and being a fan favourite makes him very overrated. I would trade him in a heartbeat.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i had high hopes coyle would be a physical power forward who can score 20G regularly. im not seeing that from him. hes looking more like a 3rd liner who score 10-15G. with lucia & tuch a couple years away is the only reason to keep him. i would trade him if the price was right. boston or edm may give us a fair return. ps charlie may be the nicest guy on the team , but i want a cup and we need more production.

Last edited:

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Like I said - I don't think anything we could get for him right now would be better than what he is and can be. I still think he can get better and he is still young.

sisseton

Jan 12, 2012
Minnesota
I hear the Blue jackets have a some Defenseman available and two that I think we should consider or Leopold and or Connauton both are Lefties and would be good on our third pairing. I'd do Leopold for a 6th or 7th or do Connauton for Brodziak + with some salary retained.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Wild are way too far back to give up quality assets for a rental.

I get the goaltending, because IMO it was worth it to see if it was the team, the coach, or the goalies who were bad. You needed that information to assess the team in the offseason.

I don't think the Wild should give up quality prospects or top 3 round picks for a depth defender. We all know they need one.

I would be intrigued in a fit-for-fit trade, but nothing springs to mind. Wild need a young-ish #1 center, but I don't see them moving Brodin+ to bring one back. They are set on the wing and in the top four, and they already traded for a goalie (and shouldn't give up big assets for a goalie IMO).

If it comes to a third line center, just move Coyle there. Who cares? He'll get you 10-15 goals and 30-40 points. That's fine for 3rd line center.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Nothing was really confirmed as they were rumors, but it was usually Sheppard (maybe a pick too) for Jokinen. This was in 2007 I think.

Jokinen's seasons after that:

34g 71pts
29g 57pts
15g 50pts
17g 54pts
23g 61pts

I still think he would have been a fine 1A/1B center alongside Koivu...certainly better than Sheppard:

4g 19pts
5g 24pts
2g 6pts
1g 4pts
4g 20pts

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
So with all this Evander Kane talk, you guys think Fletch is interested.

He seems a bit overrated to me, but then again he might just need a change of scenery to get it going again.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Kane makes 6M per for three more years after this one. At 23, and four years into the league, he is trending downward. No idea if he is going to be the next Devin Setoguchi or ?

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
I had read speculation that Kane has been playing injured most of the year and if he was ticked off at management could elect to have surgery now vs the offseason.

Ya. He's definitely been hurt. It'd be nice to see Buffalo shell out a Isles or StL 1st to get him. Then if he has surgery they can still do the tank and get a nice player.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Hell no to E. Kane.

Kid has no idea what team play is and is only ever all about himself.

Plus, we need a C is anything, not another winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad