Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency X

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, I wasn't necessarily saying here. Just feel like he's a guy who could put up numbers somewhere else. He seems to have a weird relationship with Winnipeg.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Ya. He's definitely been hurt. It'd be nice to see Buffalo shell out a Isles or StL 1st to get him. Then if he has surgery they can still do the tank and get a nice player.

Buffalo already has an underperformer in Cody Hodgson. I mean, John Scott has more goals than Hodgson. True story :laugh:

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
what did Kane ever do to get 6 million a year?
You hear about him a lot but I've never really noticed him during wild-jets games.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
what did Kane ever do to get 6 million a year?
You hear about him a lot but I've never really noticed him during wild-jets games.

Got an extension after a 30 goal season in 2012. That was his only 50 point season in what is now his 6th year in the league. He's a good player but I don't think he's a super star. His off ice personality is another story.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Got an extension after a 30 goal season in 2012. That was his only 50 point season in what is now his 6th year in the league. He's a good player but I don't think he's a super star. His off ice personality is another story.

His draft position has a lot to do with it. I mean, redrafting, I'd easily take OEL (6th overall) and Kadri (7th overall), Ellis (11th overall), and de Haan (12th overall) all over 4th overall Kane. Oh, and that is just the top 15 picks. Dude is a class A primadonna. Just look at what recently came out. Indefensible.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
I'd hate to trade Zucker right now, we've developed the guy, and he's just starting to show us what he's got. A needed goal scorer, decent PK'r, game breaker speed, seems willing to work hard to better the weaker areas of his game. Plus he keeps me on the edge of my seat in close games when we need a goal.:amazed:

The thing about Coyle is we have him under an awesome contract which ups his value quite a bit.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I've come to the conclusion we gotta be more patient with Charlie, the type of game he plays typically takes longer to translate to the NHL, But Yeo's got to find a way to make him a better player and stop gift wraping him all these 2nd and 3rd chances.

But if Coyle can be a 30-40pt guy who doesn't kill possession and can slot in as a Center or top6 wing every couple of shifts in the more physical games while being reliable in his own end, im happy for that 3.2 price tag, cause his age leaves room for GM's to wonder what else is their which only helps his value.

If all is lost for him with us over the next couple years, hes still young enough to be a nice fill in for a potential big trade later on.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I still think Coyle is going to be a late bloomer... A David Backes type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig