Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency VIII - 2014 Free Agency Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

J22*

brizzy is so far out there hes my kinda guy. i would buy him a drink just to listen to his crrrrazy stories. ps for you young guys tretiak probably dad or uncle was the russian red army superstar goalie.

Grandfather actually. Does that make anyone else feel old?

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
I've heard a lot about Tretiak, the grandfather. Plenty. Draft that kid please please please.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Johansen was one of the players I wanted from the 2010 draft. I still want him, but not at a crosby trade-value price.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
We would be crazy not to give up Niederreiter, Granlund, Koivu, Coyle, Vanek, Parise, Pominville, Haula, Suter, Brodin, all foreseeable 1sts and 2nds, Adrian Peterson, 90% of ticket sales, 9,000 lakes, and May through September for Johansen. Or at least a signed picture of him.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
not that it would be the smart thing to do but i'd rather give up the farm for #2 eichel than johansen. players i'd like to see the wild bring here for no rhyme or reason bjugstad , markus granlund , marko DANO best last name in hockey! who would you like to see traded to the wild & why?

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Been beating this drum for a month or 2, but Boychuk should be #1 on the Wild's "wish" list. He's obtainable but would be the perfect #2 to pair with Suter. Would be tricky re-signing him though (Wild might be cap pinched next off-season if they can't dump Backstrom).

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Johansen was one of the players I wanted from the 2010 draft. I still want him, but not at a crosby trade-value price.

Same. He was #1 on my list of players who I thought could realistically fall to the Wild's spot. He was a late riser as well, so I thought there was a chance.

But yeah, one good season and all of the sudden he has top 10 value in the league. Not worth it to trade for him at this point. Yup, with that body, that skill set and that potential it could be worth it.. I'd pass.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I can understand trading for a problematic player if your team desperately needs that kind of player (i.e. it would makes sense for Nashville to offer-sheet Johansen). But the Wild already have 3 goods centers, two of them young, and is flush on the wings.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
espn posted johansen is asking for toews type money, with that attitude that doesnt sound like a guy we need. quote from michael arace of the columbus dispatch.

Last edited:

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
espn posted johansen is asking for toews type money, with that attitude that doesnt sound like a guy we need. quote from michael arace of the columbus dispatch.
Maybe they mean Toews' 2nd contract?

Because if Johansen wants Toews' new contract, the kid needs to go play in the KHL.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Interesting excerpt from Russo's latest blog:
Fletcher says he’s probably at least answered the phone call of agents for more than a dozen unsigned free agents. Some I know of include Ilya Bryzgalov, Ryan Malone, Paul Bissonnette and George Parros.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
A 4th line of Bissonnette - Brodziak - Parros? I could dig that :naughty:

But in all seriousness, I wonder how well someone like BizNasty could do with two skill guys on his lines. You know, Broad Street Bullies -style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad