Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Continue.

The usual set of rules:

Nobody's ganging up on anybody else and none of the mods are here to censor your opinion beyond violation of site rules.

If you have a problem with something someone wrote, here are three options:

1. If you disagree with their opinion, write an opposing response to it and stay civil

2. If you believe they violated site rules, click on the "Yield" symbol under their avatar to report it to moderators

3. Ignore it and move on

Keep your cool and keep the sarcasm to a respectful minimum.

Previous thread:
Trade Ideas and Free Agency VII - 2014 Offseason Edition II

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
The question is does Iginla like the wild over other teams?

Suter,Stralman,Scandella,Spurgeon,Brodin, Folin maybe
That's a pretty decent defense

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Would be way to dirty to pick up both Vanek and Iginla somehow. Don't think it will happen but maaaaan...

Parise Koivu Iginla
Vanek Granlund Pominville
Niño Haula Coyle
Cook Brodziak Fontaine

:amazed:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Gonna laugh my a** off tomorrow should Vanek sign elsewhere. Lots of folks putting all their eggs in that basket. I'm still not sold on bringing him in. If they get him, it be better be for one seriously reasonable contract. Would love to get Stastny instead. But that's a pipe dream.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The question is does Iginla like the wild over other teams?

Suter,Stralman,Scandella,Spurgeon,Brodin, Folin maybe
That's a pretty decent defense

If Stralman was open to signing a reasonable contract, he would've been signed by the NYR already; he's going straight for the money grab.

brainfreeze

Jul 12, 2012
Bemidji
Somebody help me out here. What is it that Stralman brings to the table? He strikes me as someone that is going to be overpaid. I'm not using this as an argument for Niskanen, as I think he will be overpaid also, but at least Niskanen brings some offense to the table.

Also, if Iginla is chasing the cup at this stage, I would think the questionable goalie situation would have him looking at other teams first.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
I want Vanek but I doubt we offer him a huge deal year wise, so if he wants a 3 year deal I think we'd pay him his AAV that he wants, like 7-7.5/per, but anything over 3 years is too long. Too bad NHL can't the the NFL type deal with extra year options that they could later chose to pursue or not.

Vanek would be a nice stop gap for 3 years while Nino/Coyle/Zucker develop as goal scoring wingers. Also would be nice for Zucker since he could get a good year long development going in Iowa.

Billy Mays Here*

If Stralman was open to signing a reasonable contract, he would've been signed by the NYR already; he's going straight for the money grab.

My thoughts as well. He'd be a good signing but all signs point to him wanting to make bank. If we're not willing to pay Niskanen the big bucks than certainly we're not willing to pay Stralman either.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Stralman may want bank, but also may be more open to a shorter deal than Niskanen.

Russo said the Wild likely got scared of Niskanen wanting to sign for 7 years. The Wild don't want to offer that kind of term to any ufa this offseason.

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
Gonna laugh my a** off tomorrow should Vanek sign elsewhere. Lots of folks putting all their eggs in that basket. I'm still not sold on bringing him in. If they get him, it be better be for one seriously reasonable contract. Would love to get Stastny instead. But that's a pipe dream.

My bet is you get your way. He is gone and those people who think Iggy will put up his Boston numbers or hep this team as much as TV would have are silly.

You are also corect on the stats bolded part. Hoff would be a great add.

Last edited:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Stralman may want bank, but also may be more open to a shorter deal than Niskanen.

Russo said the Wild likely got scared of Niskanen wanting to sign for 7 years. The Wild don't want to offer that kind of term to any ufa this offseason.

He turned down 3-4 years at $4m per from the a team that just made the finals. He's going to try and max out both $ and term as this is his best shot to do so.

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013

They should just make Russo the official Press Officer. He carries all their water. :laugh: Put him on the payroll

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He turned down 3-4 years at $4m per from the a team that just made the finals. He's going to try and max out both $ and term as this is his best shot to do so.

Obviously the Wild feel he may take shorter term...I'm not going to guess what he wants in the end...I just note that if the wild can, I'd be pleased to have him in the lineup...and also noticed that the supposed "done deal" for Mitchell talk from Russo last week has all but vanished as the weekend went on.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I've thought we'd get Vanek the whole time.. now I think it's 50-50, and if I had to guess I'd say he takes the money elsewhere. Don't like our chances at all on Iginla, but maybe that's better because I wouldn't be disappointed if we don't sign him. Glad we're not going after Niskanen for 7 years.

Starting to think Willie Mitchell might be our major signing.. but I still hope we get Vanek on 3x7-8.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
In all honesty was defense really our huge problem last year beyond the PP, I feel that there aren't any dman we want over a Stonertype bottom guy. I don't know if any of the guys who are out there at the momet are worth the money they want.

A year older Brodin, Scandella, Spurge with wild cards like Folin might be just fine with a guy like Vanek being added.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
In all honesty was defense really our huge problem last year beyond the PP, I feel that there aren't any dman we want over a Stonertype bottom guy. I don't know if any of the guys who are out there at the momet are worth the money they want.

A year older Brodin, Scandella, Spurge with wild cards like Folin might be just fine with a guy like Vanek being added.

We had Prosser, Ballard and Blum/Stoner in the lineup at the same time for large stretches and into the playoffs...meaning we needed a top 4 defender pretty badly.

Brodin would be served splitting some of his icetime with Scandella, and we don't know if Folin is ready for more than bottom pairing time yet...so we need another top 4 right shot D-man.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I think Iggy was supposed to cut down his list of teams yesterday (Monday), so if there's still contact with the Wild, he must be interested at least on some level.

Won't be making any guesses on who/ if we sign anybody. If Vanek comes here, I sure hope they know what they're doing and we won't have to trade him before Christmas because he doesn't get along with Koivu.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think Iggy was supposed to cut down his list of teams yesterday (Monday), so if there's still contact with the Wild, he must be interested at least on some level.

Won't be making any guesses on who/ if we sign anybody. If Vanek comes here, I sure hope they know what they're doing and we won't have to trade him before Christmas because he doesn't get along with Koivu.

Uhh...why would he have a problem with Koivu? Also, his best friend is already here...

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010

Where is this coming from? Does he have some behaviour issues?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
The Islanders are out on Vanek, he's yours.

In our beat writer's latest piece, he states that "they (Islanders) would consider short-term solutions in a top-line wing". There is no shot in hell Vanek takes a short-term deal with the Islanders over one with the Wild.

We are also out on Niskanen, which means we will be resorting to the Regin and PMBs of this years market, effectively already ending our season before July 1st.

Here is the link to the rest of the article.. http://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...375?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Congrats for winning the Vanek sweepstakes.

Shoresy

May 1, 2014
Florida
The Islanders are out on Vanek, he's yours.

In our beat writer's latest piece, he states that "they (Islanders) would consider short-term solutions in a top-line wing". There is no shot in hell Vanek takes a short-term deal with the Islanders over one with the Wild.

We are also out on Niskanen, which means we will be resorting to the Regin and PMBs of this years market, effectively already ending our season before July 1st.

Here is the link to the rest of the article.. http://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...375?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Congrats for winning the Vanek sweepstakes.

They were won loooooong before you posted this my friend. *knocks on wood*

Shoresy

May 1, 2014
Florida
Say we sign Vanek and Mitchell, resign all the RFA's and resign McCormick or someone like him in free agency (Shawn Thornton?). The Wild will have about 6-7 million extra cap space (this is just a prediction) and could use that money to convince Iginla to sign here on a 1 year deal. The next year when Iginla leaves that opens up all the cap space we need to sign Granlund, Brodin, Coyle, Haula, Scandella, and Folin to their new deals.

If I'm Fletcher, I'm offering Iginla a good amount of that 6-7 million extra cap space tomorrow for a 1 year deal. If this somehow happens, this next year the Wild will be a SERIOUS cup contender in my opinion.

Last edited:

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Not going to lie, it will feel good to say "hate to break it to everyone, but 75% of Wild fans called Vanek a year and a half ago, and we were ridiculed for it. The crow must taste wonderful."

:laugh:

Knocking on wood.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Not going to lie, it will feel good to say "hate to break it to everyone, but 75% of Wild fans called Vanek a year and a half ago, and we were ridiculed for it. The crow must taste wonderful."

:laugh:

Knocking on wood.

Or it could be the other way around with them throwing it back at us

Billy Mays Here*

I had a good time laughing at any Isle fans over the past couple months that still thought they had a shot at Vanek. Ummm. . . . when a guy turns down as big an offer as the one the Isles made it should be pretty clear that he doesn't want to play there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad