Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency VIII - 2014 Free Agency Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
The problem with the Wild is that they do have key players who are small/fragile: #2 center Granlund, #2 &3 d'men, Spurgeon and Brodin.

I will be interested to see if Granlund or Brodin have bulked up at all this off-season. Spurgeon has the savvy of a small guy, and seems very hard to hurt. Brodin is 6'1", he should be able to be at least average sized, and less of a risk.

IMO, Granlund needs Marty St. Louis type muscle if he is going to be able to play the game he wants to, (to his credit).

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
As long as we can get away with it, we should do it. Playoffs is win or lose, and if taking out a player can turn a loss into a win, we should do it. No question about it. Ends should always justify the means. Always.

Woah. Not at all. If you think so, then your moral compass is severely broken.

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
I prefer a fair victory too. But I also prefer victory over defeat, by any means necessary. When you're playing in the NHL playoffs, and the situation looks dire, you SHOULD try and shake the other team. It's the nature of competitive sports, not only to improve your own performance but also decrease the competitors' performance. Does it go against everything good sportsmanship stands for? Arguably, yes. But every professional athlete in top level is paid to win or help his/her team win. And if that means taking out another player, then so be it.

Dude, statements like that are an embarrassment to the fan base. That's not Minnesota hockey at all. At all.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Dude, statements like that are an embarrassment to the fan base. That's not Minnesota hockey at all. At all.

Why? Minnesota Wild represents Minnesota, yes, but I don't. I'm a Finnish Wild fan, true and proud. But on an online discussion forum, I represent my personal opinions and them alone. I am not speaking from your behalf, and I am not associated with Wild or the NHL. If I would be, your comments would be justified, but right now you read my post and were offended. And frankly, since I'm not breaking the rules nor representing anyone but myself, I couldn't care less about that. After all, that's entirely your problem.

Have a nice day.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
On that note, I think it's time for a new thread.

Trade Ideas and Free Agency IX - Longest Off-Season Ever Edition

shut_the_door.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad