Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency VII - 2014 Offseason Edition II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Why are we not all clammoring for Michael Del Zotto? I mean i get that hes not too good defensively but when else do you get the chance to sign a free agent 24 yr old former first round pick defencemen who put up 41 pts in his rookie season. A potential steal imo.

The left side is already pretty crowded.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
I wouldn't say no to signing him but I could see why we wouldn't. He shoots left. We already have Suter, Scandella, Brodin, Ballard and potentially Mitchell. Regardless I think we should at least pitch him an offer.

Well del-zotto is a better option then both Ballard and Mitchell.

Bullrun

Jan 22, 2007
Getting excited for Vanekwatch

A short term deal is almost no lose for the team and he's the type of player who will, at the very least, help this team score in regular season.

Iginla would be fun too but I have a hard time believing the wild are actually on his radar.

Mancini79

Jul 4, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Getting excited for Vanekwatch

A short term deal is almost no lose for the team and he's the type of player who will, at the very least, help this team score in regular season.

Iginla would be fun too but I have a hard time believing the wild are actually on his radar.
It's possible we're on his radar. Im sure he's pretty familiar with this organization by now. I just don't think it would've been the news scoop it was if there wasn't at least some mutual interest. Whether he signs here or not is a different story. He wants to win. Those teams that can win now are probably the only teams he'd consider. On a side note I also see signing both Vanek and Iginla (or another scoring forward) as a possibility because teams within our Division & Conference are going to get significantly tougher next year via signings/trades IMO.

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
del z is complete crap and can't play D. He is a winger / Defenseman who will not be anything that this team currently or in the future needs.

My #1 for tomorrow is Iginla but I don't see it happening so that means Vanek as long as he is happy enough with our offer and NYI still isn't throwing crazy money around. If we land Vanek, I truly hope it isn't for more than 3 years, I can stomach 4 but if its 5 or more, I will for the first time be mad with Chuck.

I am good with Niskanen for 5 years at @6.25 or so, 6 years I could stomach if the deal nets him under 6... anything more than that is crazy talk in either years or $.

after that, I truly don't know yet as I am dreaming bit but reasonable

does coverage start tomorrow at 11 or 10 anyone know?

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Russo saying the Wild have not contacted Niskanen's agent so likely a no there and a no for Erhoff. Vanek and Iginla top of the list. May go after Stralman as well.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Russo saying the Wild have not contacted Niskanen's agent so likely a no there and a no for Erhoff. Vanek and Iginla top of the list. May go after Stralman as well.

I notice Russo has been talking up Michell less and less, would be much happier with Stralman!

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Well del-zotto is a better option then both Ballard and Mitchell.

Mitchell is for replacing Stoner. Del zotto is similar to Ballard though. Good on the offensive zone but lacks on defensive side. No need for him.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Iginla is supposed to get back to the Wild in the morning so we must interest him

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Mitchell is for replacing Stoner. Del zotto is similar to Ballard though. Good on the offensive zone but lacks on defensive side. No need for him.

I would not be sad if they lost out on Mitchell and got Stralman.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I think for some reason Iginla might mesh with Koivu quite well. Obviously i will be wrong.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
He's at the top of my list. Would be great to see him in a Wild uniform for a year and would be a great mentor for the kids.

Iginla wants 2 years thats why it wont work in Boston unless they clear space. I have no problem giving him 2 years

tomthestone*

After reading Russo's write-up, I get the feeling Vanek/Iginla isn't an either/or proposition. It's hard to think Iginla would have a better situation to jump into than Minnesota if he can't wait out the Bruins' cap situation.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
After reading Russo's write-up, I get the feeling Vanek/Iginla isn't an either/or proposition. It's hard to think Iginla would have a better situation to jump into than Minnesota if he can't wait out the Bruins' cap situation.

There are a lot of good fits for him out there not just Minnesota

Montana41

Dec 29, 2013
He's at the top of my list. Would be great to see him in a Wild uniform for a year and would be a great mentor for the kids.

He'd be such a great mentor for any of our younger players but would be pure gold with regards to Coyle and Nino...

Montana41

Dec 29, 2013
Iginla wants 2 years thats why it wont work in Boston unless they clear space. I have no problem giving him 2 years

Absolutely - Iginla is such a superbly conditioned athlete, he'd be good to go for another 3-4 years at an elite level...

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota

Definitely give him two years if that's what it takes. I just want to finally cheer for the guy instead of constantly having my heart broken by him. :laugh:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yeah I would like Stralman more too. Although we need the big #6/7 dman if Stoner isn't re-signed.

I think the Wild will only sign 1 veteran D-man.... After hearing Fletcher's comments about defense taking a back seat this offseason to goal scoring...we either get a bruising guy to replace Stoner, or we get puck mover that can potentially supplement the top 4 for a few years. Stralman would be the latter, and my preference. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad