Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency VII - 2014 Offseason Edition II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
The usual set of rules:

Nobody's ganging up on anybody else and none of the mods are here to censor your opinion beyond violation of site rules.

If you have a problem with something someone wrote, here are three options:

1. If you disagree with their opinion, write an opposing response to it and stay civil

2. If you believe they violated site rules, click on the "Yield" symbol under their avatar to report it to moderators

3. Ignore it and move on

Keep your cool and keep the sarcasm to a respectful minimum.

Previous threads:

Trade Ideas and Free Agency I

Trade Ideas and Free Agency II
Trade Ideas and Free Agency III
Trade Ideas and Free Agency IV
Trade Ideas and Free Agency V
Trade Ideas and Free Agency VI - 2014 Offseason Edition

SunDin

Dec 22, 2008
Replying to Tony on Matt Greene: "He would be my #1 target actually...Would solve more problems than Vanek or Niskenen."

Im not against getting Matt Greene, but I dont value him as high as you do. He doesnt help our PP at all and I find PP-improvement crucial after this years playoffs.
This is also why I want Iginla.

Kenny G

Jun 6, 2012
Minnesota
I get the feeling the Av's are focusing on Stastny more then ROR.

Would an offer sheet of 6 years at $6.7 get matched? If so, that would most likely mean Stastny is not resigning and would make him the highest paid on the team(above Landeskog and Duchene, who both have great team friendly contracts)

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
we can't write any offer sheets that would require a 2nd round pick to be given as compensation.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Do we have a 2015 2nd?

Actually can someone just write up a post with what draft picks in the next few years we've traded away?

J22*

we can't write any offer sheets that would require a 2nd round pick to be given as compensation.

Any ROR "offer sheet" would involve 2015 picks. The Wild have all of their 2015 picks.

Do we have a 2015 2nd?

Actually can someone just write up a post with what draft picks in the next few years we've traded away?

2014- Wild have all of their own picks except the 2nd rounder. Also added 6th rounders from the Blue jackets and Senators. May have added Washingtons 7th but nobody knows what the conditions were in the Chay Genoway trade.

2015- The Wild have all of their own picks.

2016- The Wild have all of their picks except for the 2nd rounder that went to Buffalo.

2017 and beyond- The Wild have not traded or acquired any picks in any of these drafts, yet.

tomthestone*

Awesome breakdown. Glad to re-learn that other second headed to Buffalo is a 2016 pick. Fletcher's comment about wanting to keep his first 2014 rounder makes sense, but I bet he'll be more than willing to deal that pick and future selections if the right guy becomes available.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Any ROR "offer sheet" would involve 2015 picks. The Wild have all of their 2015 picks.

2014- Wild have all of their own picks except the 2nd rounder. Also added 6th rounders from the Blue jackets and Senators. May have added Washingtons 7th but nobody knows what the conditions were in the Chay Genoway trade.

2015- The Wild have all of their own picks.

2016- The Wild have all of their picks except for the 2nd rounder that went to Buffalo.

2017 and beyond- The Wild have not traded or acquired any picks in any of these drafts, yet.

Allright, so if we want, we can offer sheet someone this year if it would require 2015's 2nd in compensation.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I get the feeling the Av's are focusing on Stastny more then ROR.

Would an offer sheet of 6 years at $6.7 get matched? If so, that would most likely mean Stastny is not resigning and would make him the highest paid on the team(above Landeskog and Duchene, who both have great team friendly contracts)

Bad idea. Minnesota should not throw out any offer sheets. Someone like Philadelphia might offer sheet Brodin and we would be screwed

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Bad idea. Minnesota should not throw out any offer sheets. Someone like Philadelphia might offer sheet Brodin and we would be screwed

To be honest Philadelphia is gonna offer sheet people because they're Philadelphia and utterly loaded with cash since they're owned by Comcast.

Billy Mays Here*

Too bad Feaster wasn't still the Flames GM. I'm sure he'd be great at offer sheeting players. :sarcasm:

o or ord

May 20, 2014
What would a package of James Neal and Paul Martin bring back to the pens from the Wild?

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
What would a package of James Neal and Paul Martin bring back to the pens from the Wild?
Martin would upgrade the defense in the skill-set we need, and Neal would be nice but I imagine he would cost lot.

Edit - UGH. Martin would NOT upgrade our defense. I mis-type negatives wayyyyy too much.

Last edited:

o or ord

May 20, 2014
Martin would upgrade the defense in the skill-set we need, and Neal would be nice but I imagine he would cost lot.
Two younger, and cheaper fowards (Zucker, Coyle, Fontaine etc) and a NHL defensemen, and a pick, would be a good asking price.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
James Neal, a 40g/40a with Malkin, would not be that player here. Whoever trades for him is going to pay a premium based on his production playing with a top 3 player in the world. I could be wrong, but he'd probably be a 25-30g/20-25a guy in Minnesota. More of what we already have, albeit with a little more grit. Neal is good and all, but...

Jarick

Doing Nothing
James Neal, a 40g/40a with Malkin, would not be that player here. Whoever trades for him is going to pay a premium based on his production playing with a top 3 player in the world. I could be wrong, but he'd probably be a 25-30g/20-25a guy in Minnesota. More of what we already have, albeit with a little more grit. Neal is good and all, but...

Neal also had a lot of legit criticism against him. Not 1.5 bad playoff rounds, but attitude issues and injuries.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Meh, put Neal on a line with Cooke and acquire Steve Ott.

Knees-on-knees for days. That'd be the bee's knees. Might be a knee-jerk reaction at first, but it might be just what we kneed.

I kneed a break.

But really, people who say we don't have the ammo to acquire a player of Neal's caliber don't have a leg to stand on. Maybe because they got kneed by James Neal. James Neal kneed a guy in the head.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Meh, put Neal on a line with Cooke and acquire Steve Ott.

There would be a perma-thread on the main board about the tom foolery that such a line would create. I half want to see it come to fruition for that reason alone, even if I can not stand all three players...

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Gotta admit, that would be pretty hilarious how vehemently hated we would become because of that line's very existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad